Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

Butterworth resigns

I wouldn''t call this ''fall-out'', I''d call it a natural progression of the coaching staff following Gunn''s departure... you can bet that his cards were marked given that he couldn''t even inspire the team to muster up the usual Caretaker Revival that we so often see.Rumour is that Chippy will be kept on, so its a good day for the coaching staff in my eyes!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I wouldn''t call this ''fall-out'', I''d call it a natural progression of the coaching staff following Gunn''s departure... you can bet that his cards were marked given that he couldn''t even inspire the team to muster up the usual Caretaker Revival that we so often see.

Rumour is that Chippy will be kept on, so its a good day for the coaching staff in my eyes!
[/quote]

Not sad about it at all, and hope crook stays, however cant believe Gunn was told in Exeter and had to take a train home, you can fire someone with some deceny! Sort of sums up our club I think

Mark Garfoot (sports scientist) has left too. Didn''t our last sports scientist David Carolan leave to go to...........

Colchester?

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Never stood a chance as number 2 to Gunn. In days gone by he would have been given a chance, but patience is too thin now[/quote]

Gunn never stood a chance with him as his number 2 more like!!!

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Good, he shouldn''t be allowed to show his face round here after that shocker last night.
[/quote]

I second that with feeling!

Yeah Dave Carolan moved to Colchester and i think he helps out out Lowestoft as well? Can anyone confirm that?

[quote user="Savenell"]Yeah Dave Carolan moved to Colchester and i think he helps out out Lowestoft as well? Can anyone confirm that?[/quote]Yes

After watching the game last night,  I hope Crook and Lambert can make up our midfield!    Gill is very poor!  

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]

so the fall out begins......he resigned or was he pushed?  Any news on Crook yet?

[/quote]

At least he walked![Y]

He''s done the decent thing in my opinion. Left on his terms cos he knew he would probably not be wanted, not hung around and waited for the boot and a payout. Thanks Ian, I''m sure you worked hard but ultimately it wasn''t to be.

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I wouldn''t call this ''fall-out'', I''d call it a natural progression of the coaching staff following Gunn''s departure... you can bet that his cards were marked given that he couldn''t even inspire the team to muster up the usual Caretaker Revival that we so often see.

Rumour is that Chippy will be kept on, so its a good day for the coaching staff in my eyes!
[/quote]

Not sad about it at all, and hope crook stays, however cant believe Gunn was told in Exeter and had to take a train home, you can fire someone with some deceny! Sort of sums up our club I think

[/quote]

Yeah thankfully, mean and nasty............and about bleeding time!

I''d be amazed if he resigned without any compensation. They probably agreed to pay most of his contract up.

Just met Grant Holt in the city and he said the team are a bit low atm as Butters said his goodbyes today, I presume though as Lambert takes his first training session tomorrow they will have to be over that fairly sharpish!

[quote user="Largey"]Just met Grant Holt in the city and he said the team are a bit low atm as Butters said his goodbyes today, I presume though as Lambert takes his first training session tomorrow they will have to be over that fairly sharpish![/quote]

No doubt sad at the loss of Costa Del Colney more lke!