Sign in to follow this  
Lambo

The Highlight of my day....

... was the massive grin on the face of Mcveigh coming to the Barclay to take a corner whilst we sung WLY. Was just one of those really nice moments in football that you get.

He wants to be here and looks much better than Whaley aswell as showing encouragement to Smith throughout the game.

He could be a very important player for us this season and i''m delighted he''s back.

McVeigh is such a natural footballer. He''s got a football brain to combine with great touch and technique. He''s got a great knack for feeling the weight of the ball when he plays it.

Pleased he''s back.

Korey Smith was standing at the far post in the 1st half, not long after he had scored, he couldn''t stop smiling for 20 secs or so. Was nice. Saw the WLY smile to, he was trying hard to stop it.

I''m also glad McVeigh is back for both his quality and versatility, but don''t write off Whaley yet as his pace is important, though his skills need further devloping. Remember his excellent goal against Wigan as well.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]What does Whaley have to offer? he was crap[/quote]

Has pace to burn, can cross and can score goals!

Gills to me is the one whos shown that while hes gives it 100% he probably hasn''t got any more in the locker which makes him not good enough!

I''m not writing Whaley off, his pace could be effective from the bench, but right now i think WLY should be first choice.

Call me stupid, but of what ive seen today, I think Mcveigh is better than Wes.

Yes, Wes is younger but at this current time, Mcveigh has looked better in my eyes. Yes it has only been 1 game. But im not a fan of hoolahan at all. Lappin, as i said the other day seems just as good and would give money to Lambert to buy 1 or 2 players he wants, should he want to sell him. Lappin has a great cross but as people have said, isnt amazingly quick. Pace isnt essential.

As i''ve said many times, David Beckham is proof that you don''t need to be lightning quick to be a winger, if your delivery is good enough you''ll be just as effective as a pacey winger, Lappin''s is certainly good enough.

Thank You Lambo :)

Hmmmm, when i raised this topic the other day i got slated like a Bit**. :(

[quote user="Lambo"]

... was the massive grin on the face of Mcveigh coming to the Barclay to take a corner whilst we sung WLY. Was just one of those really nice moments in football that you get.

He wants to be here and looks much better than Whaley aswell as showing encouragement to Smith throughout the game.

He could be a very important player for us this season and i''m delighted he''s back.

[/quote]

Fantastic post

I couldn''t believe the reception he got. He was probably smiling because he couldn''t believe what a lucky bastard he is to be given a contract at this club again after having 2 good seasons out of 8 in his last spell here.

Can''t get in Luton''s side but is a fan favourite here? Dear god.

I was under the impression that he was at Luton to keep his fitness up and the reason they didn''t play him much was because he was on a pay to play contract, they could only afford to bring him out in big matches?!

Anyway give the man break he had a good game and has obviously earned his start, I hope he can keep his place with repeat performances like yesterday

[quote user="Brendan"]Call me stupid, but of what ive seen today, I think Mcveigh is better than Wes.

Yes, Wes is younger but at this current time, Mcveigh has looked better in my eyes. Yes it has only been 1 game. But im not a fan of hoolahan at all. Lappin, as i said the other day seems just as good and would give money to Lambert to buy 1 or 2 players he wants, should he want to sell him. Lappin has a great cross but as people have said, isnt amazingly quick. Pace isnt essential.[/quote]I said during pre-season that we should sign McVeigh because he would be good back up to Hoolahan. However it looks like McVeigh is not content with playing second fiddle to anyone - good on him. If he can play like that consistantly then we have got the old McVeigh back again and when he is playing like that he is more than league one good.

[quote user="Captain Doc"]I couldn''t believe the reception he got. He was probably smiling because he couldn''t believe what a lucky bastard he is to be given a contract at this club again after having 2 good seasons out of 8 in his last spell here.

Can''t get in Luton''s side but is a fan favourite here? Dear god.[/quote]Fun Fun Fun!

[quote user="Lambo"]

As i''ve said many times, David Beckham is proof that you don''t need to be lightning quick to be a winger, if your delivery is good enough you''ll be just as effective as a pacey winger, Lappin''s is certainly good enough.

[/quote]

The number of assists Lappin provided in just one game probably isn`t far short of what Hoolihan`s achieved in 35-odd games for City.  I certainly can`t remember too many from last season.  How many goals has Hoolihan scored?  Two?  Nice skills, no end product unfortunately.

[quote user="Captain Holt"]I couldn''t believe the reception he got. He was probably smiling because he couldn''t believe what a lucky bastard he is to be given a contract at this club again after having 2 good seasons out of 8 in his last spell here. Can''t get in Luton''s side but is a fan favourite here? Dear god.[/quote]

Brush up on your facts.

WLY was at Luton on pay per play contract. Bearing in mind the dire financial difficulties there, it is understandable that he was not played every week.

It was great to hear that song rolling across the Barclay and snake pit yesterday.

I think he could be very important to us this season.

[quote user="Captain Holt"]Well, how many of you still think McVeigh is any good to us?[/quote]

Paul Lambert, for one.

But then, he doesn''t really know what he''s doing does he?

OTBC