Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Submarine

Hoolahan, you're a disgrace!

"He didn''t do much when he came on"

He was on for 20 minutes when the game was completely out of their reach, we played the ball slowly and showed no attacking threat. He is a playmaker and when their is no play to make, what do you expect. I think you''re expecting miracles, I wouldn''t be putting in my best if I was getting booed by a crowd when I had done nothing wrong. Drive him out the club by all means.

Pricks like me Libra? How very mature of you! Pot kettle and black comes to mind. No I didn''t boo him when he came on the pitch, actually I cheered him! But it was clear as day that he couldn''t give a damn about putting a performance on for the fans.... (or should I say pricks like me that, albeit fractionally, contribute to his fat pay check) at times he justed strolled around the pitch whilst lappin and holt were chasing loss causes. I always liked wes up until today, and think he''s the most creative player we''ve got (had.) But I haven''t got time for people that think they''re bigger than the club. And then to just leave straight after the whistle whilst all your team are applauding themselves and the fans is just disrespective. The way he left you''d think he was on the losing team!

I can understand your frustration, but him being booed was completely unnecessary. I thought you were incredibly harsh, he didn''t have a appalling game. He wanted the ball all the time, as I said before, he is a playmaker and when we aren''t making any play what can be done, he plays under pressure and there was no pressure from them and no pressure from us going forward. I don''t blame him for his attitude and think he is deserving of staying at the club, he will be a stand out performer for the club this season if he is kept, which of course he won''t. He applauded the fans all the way back to the tunnel if you watched him leave? There was no need for the bad attitude from the fans toward him, he didn''t do anything wrong. Drury make many mistakes in the first half and didn''t get booed I think it was completely uncalled for.

he wasn''t booed or heckled as your making out Libra! Be honest though, he didn''t put in half the effort he did against colchester and the only difference from the last 14 day is a phone call from wales.

Enough for him to hear it, which is enough for him to be affected I''d imagine. He wouldn''t have played today if the move was a certainty, they wouldn''t risk his fitness, if anything he''d have put in more effort if a move was on the cards, to make Swansea certain of his talents. Why doesn''t Otsemobor get more abuse when he is a terrible player? yet Hoolahan is our best player, has one bad day and you''re trying to send him packing. Yet Jonny might have one good day a season and you don''t start a thread about him (to my knowledge). It''s only one bad game, I wouldn''t judge him just yet. He''ll play a blinder against Sunderland if picked.

he aint even that good what has he done for us since he signed, not much people only think he is great because what he acheived at blackpool about 3 years ago, let the short arse go. 500k and i would snap swanseas hand of.

500k wouldn''t get us a player as good as him. Swansea are getting a bargin. He wasn''t playing with the right team last year, this team and he will shine. Just needs to be given a few games, if he is kept. Lambert will shape him into a quality player, as he signed him at Livingston so obviously believes in him. He''s a unknown quantity to an extent because we certainly haven''t seen the best of him.

If Wes is on his way out I am very surprised that they risked him picking up an injury at all today.

At Brentford I was very impressed with the effort he put in - not just trying for the full 90 mins in an attacking sense but getting tackles in too.   

Very OTT and a crap post.A disgrace is:Charlton away, Fulham away, Andy Marshall moving to Piswich, Doncasters Spin, Andy Durso, Prudence with ambition, Huckerbys treatment and letting Joe Lewis go.Feel free to add more....But Hoolahan a disgrace? get a grip!

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]came on as a sub today and his heart clearly wasn''t in it. Then when the whistle went he just left the pitch straight away not acknowledging his team mates or the fans. Bugger off to Swansea big head[/quote]He is a luxury we can''t afford I''m afraid, stick him in the West Brom side and he would be brilliant but he is too light weight and doesn''t give us enough tactical solidity.£300k would be a nice amount from Swansea I think.

I suppose the question of whether he stays or goes will come down to his previous working relationship with Lambert. We know Lambert signed him at Livingstone, but how did he perform and how did they get on together? If the relationship was bad then both will want to make the move happen. However, if they got on well and Lambert still rates Hoolahan then he''ll obviously want him to stay. This is made more difficult if, as another poster pointed out yesterday, the board want him sold to free up more funds. The next week will be very interesting.......

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Very OTT and a crap post.

A disgrace is:

Charlton away, Fulham away, Andy Marshall moving to Piswich, Doncasters Spin, Andy Durso, Prudence with ambition, Huckerbys treatment and letting Joe Lewis go.

Feel free to add more....

But Hoolahan a disgrace? get a grip!
[/quote]

That''s a very good way of puting it.

20 minutes doesn''t change that he''s been one of the better players i don''t think.

sorry cusdp if we all agreed this forum would be a dull place. Yes my original post was ott (i even admitted that on the first page) but i stand by it''s sentiments. I''m going by his body language and the way he was just walking around off the ball. It was clear to me he didn''t have the heart for it and he confirmed it at the whistle. I''m not a hoolahan hater, far from it, but i just thought his attiude stunk.

I can''t believe what some of you people are saying about him!

He is the one piece of quality that we have in our team. The only player who is capable of changing the game single handedly. He looked a class apart of everyone else at Yeovil in the cup and on tues night at Brentford was the only player i could say came off that pitch and had put in a good performance. I can admit that his substitute cameo today wasnt very good but that is the first time i have seen him play bad this season! I would be very disappointed if he was to go.

Way over the top but today we saw the reason Hoolahan has failed to fullfill his potential -

He fannys about on the ball way too long and has this frustrating habit of beatong a player then turning back to try and the give the player another chance of getting the ball which is exactly what happens.

Potentially Hoolahans a matchwinner but his levels of end product are nowhere near good enough!

If we sell him it wouldn''t be disasterous by any means nor would it be if we keep him but if hes wants to go then get rid!

Disagree with you here YS - ever since we''ve had him he''s been guilty of wandering about and not tracking back and not putting his foot in. But frankly, some of the best players in the world are like that. Berbatov has made a career of it and certainly not a bad one!

I didn''t notice him walking off at the end, but as frustrating as he was at times today (always that extra touch, looking for the showpiece pass rather than the simple one etc) I thought he still looked for the ball and was happy to be playing.

Maybe what you said to me before the game is right - he is a creative player for a creative team, and we don''t provide the right platform for him.

Despite all this, on today''s performance though, I''d have Lappin in every time.

[quote user="bristol_canary"]some people are so negative after a needed win for the club
[/quote]

Did he moan about the win? It wasn''t very nice to see him come on and play poorly. He obviously doesn''t want to be at the club. We had a great performence without him so.

[quote user="bristol_canary"]some people are so negative after a needed win for the club
[/quote]

Did he moan about the win? It wasn''t very nice to see him come on and play poorly. He obviously doesn''t want to be at the club. We had a great performence without him so.

Hmmmmmn, not sure I agree with this one. I feel Wes was simply trying to hard. If he leaves then fine but he is a player that offers something that others can''t. Some of his passing today was astray but those which were spot on were amazing. Guys you need to chill with the jumping on the We hate Wes bandwagon!!

I really didn''t start this thread to start a hatred of wes. There''s been some nasty comments on here which aren''t called for. I do seriously believe that''s the last time we''ll see wes in a norwich shirt though.

WSC, i''ll say the same as I said on this thread earlier. He didn''t put in half the effort he did against Colchester. I wouldn''t say he''s a lazy player off the ball, even when we were 5-0 down to the u''s he was still trying to make things happen. He just didn''t seem himself today in my opinion. Fair enough though people have off days, but when he just left the pitch whilst all his team mates are still on there congratulating each other for turning a corner I find it odd.

The fact is you score goals if the balls in the box,Hoolhan makes the team disjointed as darts and weaves but rearly delivers the ball in! I think his work is good,but running around doesnt win you games, Shame Gunn didnt spot this.Im glad it appears lambert understands how TEAM should be put together! But as for Hoolhan a disgrace,i dont think so! but i wouldnt be sad to  see him go!

Agree 100% and am over the moon that we now have a manager who does not respect reputations and who does what is best for the team.

McVeigh and Spillane both showed the pathetic Hoolahan and Doherty that they have no future in a yellow shirt under a decent manager today. 

Long may that continue I say... [:D]

Smith and Hughes also done extremely well in the centre of the park.

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]he wasn''t booed or heckled as your making out Libra! Be honest though, he didn''t put in half the effort he did against colchester and the only difference from the last 14 day is a phone call from wales.[/quote]Hahahahah, this wins my most ridiculous post of the day (there is normally quite a lot of competition for this accolade). So nothing has happened in the last 14 days apart from a supposed call from Swansea. Lets try this.1. The manager has changed.2. We look more like mid table fodder than automatic promotion candidates, given performances in the 14 days.3. A new manager comes in and drops him.4. He gets some stick from the fans despite him and Holt being our two best players.5. The club are hardly denying the fact that they wouldn''t mind cashing in on him.

Lambert utilised Hoolahan well today. He definitely doesn''t play well on the left due to his lack of real pace but today when we applied pressure he drifted into the middle of the park to support the front two. This created a lot of movement off the ball and I could see him clearly controlling the midfield from the middle. If Hoolahan is used like this he could be really effective.

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]slight over reaction on my behalf but his attitude got under my skin! Great performance today though. Thought Hughes was the difference for us. His a no frills sort of player but does the simple things really well. Tired a bit in the second half though. Thought Lappin did really well today too. Was hungry and must of had a hand in at least 3 goals. I feel a lot better about the season now even though it''s only one game.[/quote]

The quality of Lappins set pieces is what we miss. Wee man showed he can still cross a ball for Horse

How any of you think one bad game means he should leave is beyond me. You''re too fickle, he looks less interested than normal and he''s straight out the door? No matter if he''s the most talented player or not.

Has everyone else failed to notice he''s the only player being courted by a bigger team. Therefore he''s only player that is worth anything to us, don''t give me anything about him being too lightweight, and league one being a rough league. Hoolahan has more than enough skill to play us out of this league. Why you''d want to get rid of him for the sake of 500k. When that could be created from Russell, who was poor last season. Anyone who disagrees didn''t see enough matches. He was terrible upfront out of position and marginally better in the middle of the park getting sent off and stupid bookings. A couple of bad goals and a huge wage isn''t enough to keep him specially when we''ve got Gill, Jones, Hughes, Adeymi, Smith, Lappin, Hoolahan who can all play a variation on centre mid (I''m also probably forgetting some).

Seriously how after one game you lot want to get rid of Hoolahan is stupid.

How can anyone say they''d rather have Paul McVeigh over Hoolahan???

It defies belief!

Hoolahan oozes quality, and quality is something that we really must have in our squad if we''re to be promoted.

This is all too fickle for me. If he actively wants away then good luck to him and I hope we cash in. If he''d like to see us up then good on him and I believe there''s an efective role for him. The reason we''ve watched him run circular holes in the floor of late is a lack of shape and no options. In a quality side playing up the pitch and moving well off the ball he''ll be dynamite. It''s Lambert now who has to weigh this up. But a disgrace???? Get some perspective!