Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Anyone Excited About Lambert?

Not really - ought to be, because in many ways it could be the last throw of the dice - success or final decline

Not excited but full of hope. Think he has inherited a decent set of players (despite the Colcheter result) who would pick up plenty of points even with my nan in charge. Will be a couple of months before he stamps his mark on the team though and we will see if he can ''improve the players we have on the training ground'' as McNally seems to think he can. Previous managers have failed to do this to any noticeable level.

Well I cant say I am excited - but the events of the last week have given a reason to finallyt have a glimmer of hope.

We have made the right decision to dispose of Gunn and appointed (as we did with O''Neill and Worthy) and talented young coach who has some experience of managing smaller clubs with a degree of success.  

This is a step up for both parties and I am even more pleased that Cully is coming with him.

Lots to prove - but at last we seem to have learnt the lessons of the past and gone for the right type of candidate. 

Not really.     I will back him though to start with same as i always do but i dont think he has acheived enough yet.  would have prefd coppell  but what the heck, we should be used to all this by now.

[quote user="No Quarter"]I get more excited about signing new players than new managers.  After all, they''re the ones we''re watching.  [/quote]problem is mate, we have more managers than players

Yes excited.......again, if I knew why though I''d probably be rich cause the bubble always bursts doesn''t it - very quickly usually..... I can''t let myself hope for more than a decent season and the minimum of embarrassment - musy be boring being a Prem top 4 supporter though.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Here''s what I think - not that anyone gives a monkeys... [:)]
[/quote]

I suspect your concluding line of the post shown by the link will be right.

Somewhere on this bb. somebody has referred to his win percentages and they are getting better with experience. 

It seems from what I have read he will sort out our leaky defence, good!

Better than Gunn and thats about it to be honest , how long will he last ? going by our start to the season not long would be my guess.

I must admit my heart sank when I saw his name but you never really know do you? I think as a City fan you learn not to get too excited over anything!!! I wish him all the best......

Just how long will he stay here then ?

Bearing in mind we have a board prepared to sack a manager after just two games employing a manager who''s happy to leave his club leaderless just three matches into the season [:O]

Hardly a union made to last is it  ?

Hmmm !

He wasn''t my 1st choice, but I did say that he would be a good appointment and now he is here, I am sort of excited, he willdo well, sure of it.

I must admit to not being too excited about any of the names mentioned (apart from the ones that always get mentioned, that we have no chance of actually getting).

But, I am hopeful that things will be OK by the fact that he is bringing Culverhouse with him. We have played this crap style of football for the last couple of years and now perhaps we will start to play the passing game that Norwich teams have always been known for.

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]Not at all. I''m worried that are 1st choice manager is still pretty unproven. When we have managers like Coppell, Curbishly, Boothroyd unemployed i don''t see why one of these were are 1st choice. An ok record at Colchester and at Wycombe but why him.[/quote]

Because we''re a third division team who Coppell and Curbishlehy wouldn''t touch with a barge pole and Boothroyd, IMO, is less experienced than Lambert.

[quote user="McCanary"]

Not sure that I`m excited but this guy has produced silk purses from sows ears in the past

[/quote]Well that''s Matt Gill sorted from now on then...

Not excited but think he  could do  a good job for us and  makes me feel a bit less pessimistic about the club. Looked for once as if we meant business rather than the ususal muddled directionless approach of the past.

great thread see who was right it was members such as First Wizard who gets crap from the rest of you who were all wrong here. Listen to him in future he knows what he is talking about.

[quote user="Mister Chops"] He''s going to be AWESOME!  I have a massive boner on right now just thinking about how awesome Paul Lambert''s going to be for this club.  Championship next season, Premiership the season after, I bet we hold Liverpool to a 1-1 draw and Holty''s banging them in for fun in the top league.[/quote]And you people keep moaning for an edit button,  I ask you.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

I am pretty excited to be honest Arthur. Remember reading a couple of articles about him during his Wycombe days and being struck by how ambitious he sounded. It''s difficult to explain when I''m at work and don''t have much time so I''ll post my full thoughts later but there''s something about Paul Lambert that makes me think we''re going to be OK.

[/quote][Y]

[img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img] Shyster wrote:[quote]A fantastic appointment! People will question the ability of a manager whose experience is solely in the lower regions of the League, but I can assure folk here that Lambert is a move in the right direction. He''s a man-manager, if you will, and boy does he have an eye for a player - I''d liken it to the eye of a kestrel homing in on a vole, except Lambert has the extra special ability to nurture that vole and turn it into a class football player rather than kill it dead.[/quote] [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Doesn''t excite me one bit. I''d prefer Gunn had stayed. At least he may get rid of the deadwood like Holt and Hoolahan

[/quote]

[:$]

Have not heard from Arthur Whittle lately. Yes I know the glorious benefit of hindsight.

As you called it so right Mr Chops, how about the remainder of this season, as well as 12/13 and 13/14?

Then we can look back on that as well and see how you were right again!