Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Anyone Excited About Lambert?

Cant say this appointment excites me to be honest. Think he will get us in the top 6, but thats only whats expected. Not achieved a lot, and the history of Jock managers at NCFC isnt good. I will back him 100% but im not exactly overwhelemed by this.

Is anyone actually excited by Lambert being the new manager?

I''m not excited as such, i do think it''s a good appointment though.

His record at Colchester and Wycombe is pretty decent.

Yes.As previously said, for some reason I thought that he''d be a great manager to have here (when i heard about him going to Col Utd).Really dont know why I''ve got such a good feeling about him tbh. Guess I''ll find out[Y]

Absolutely, lots of people are. The same ones who were excited about Grant, Roeder and Gunn.

The "optimism-denial-discontent" cycle has started again, next stop relegation worries!

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle OBE CBE OAP."]

Cant say this appointment excites me to be honest. Think he will get us in the top 6, but thats only whats expected. Not achieved a lot, and the history of Jock managers at NCFC isnt good. I will back him 100% but im not exactly overwhelemed by this.

[/quote]

A man of your tender years won''t remember Archibald Renwick Macaulay. They tell me he was a bit good [;)]

Not sure that I`m excited but this guy has produced silk purses from sows ears in the past so looking forward to seeing what he can do with the current squad.

I`ll also be interested to see if he wants to bring any new players in and whether we can find any spare dosh lying around to let him.

Hope he does well and think he will, just not the jump out of your seat appointment I was expecting after the board said this was there number one choice.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle OBE CBE OAP."]

[/quote]

A man of your tender years won''t remember Archibald Renwick Macaulay. They tell me he was a bit good [;)]

[/quote]

LOL.

It amazes me the negativity of some people. I''m excited, mainly because now we can get on with the season, he has done a decent job wherever he has been. Willing to give the guy a chance, which is more than some so called ''Supporter'' are willing to do. There are some strange people on here, some I think addicted to moaning.

A good appointment.

As well as possibly bringing in some new players perhaps he will be able to get rid of some of the dross we have left!

Not at all. I''m worried that are 1st choice manager is still pretty unproven. When we have managers like Coppell, Curbishly, Boothroyd unemployed i don''t see why one of these were are 1st choice. An ok record at Colchester and at Wycombe but why him.

I wouldn''t say that I am excited, but I am certainly satisfied.

I felt that Gunn was not the man for the job due to his lack of managerial experience, when we seemed to be a club desperate for organisation both on and off the field.  

The summer transfers did give me some optimism, but I still felt that, were the team to suffer a setback or a run of poor form, that Gunn would struggle to rally the dressing room and make the changes that a more experienced manager would make.

Now we have Lambert, who I think has received a luke warm reception purely because his appointment comes off the back of a woeful period for the board.  Plus he really is someone we should have appointed 8 months ago.

I think he will do well here, but much will depend on his assessment of the squad he inherits and the money made available to him to make his own purchases. 

[quote user="GoldenNugget"]It amazes me the negativity of some people. I''m excited, mainly because now we can get on with the season, he has done a decent job wherever he has been. Willing to give the guy a chance, which is more than some so called ''Supporter'' are willing to do. There are some strange people on here, some I think addicted to moaning.
[/quote]

Hey? Do you actually read my posts? I said "I back him 100%" and "I hope he does well and think he will", all i said was "im not exactly excited".

Read before criticising hey mate.

Let us remember Gunn has fullfilled the job as head of recruitment by filling up our very low numbers of players (and quite well I feel). Now that this has been done let us see what Lambert can do with those players and see where he feels he needs improvement.

For all of Gunny''s faults he has left it in a better position for Lambert than he inherited.

Good appointment. I understand he is well respected throughout football and a protege of Martin O''Neill.

Well done CEO and Chairman. No messing - like a knife through butter.

When did I say anything about you Sir Arthur Whittle? was reflecting on some of the topics already posted. I didn''t even quote your post.Perhaps you should pay attention before throwing toys mate.

[quote user="GoldenNugget"]When did I say anything about you Sir Arthur Whittle? was reflecting on some of the topics already posted. I didn''t even quote your post.

Perhaps you should pay attention before throwing toys mate.
[/quote]

I get so used to people throwing abuse, whenever someone says anything about moaning I assume they are talking about me LOL. Sorry mate.

Im pleased but not excited as I was expecting someone else as our number one choice, think he will do well. His teams seem to play good football. Best of luck Lambo!!!

I''m just a lot more optimistic than I was under Gunn.  Just having a manager that is not afraid to change things, make substitutions when required, and know the best team to play and organise it properly, should be like a breath of fresh air.  I''m still flabbergasted that Gunn selected Otsemobor for the first game when Spillane was available.  Having said that, if Lambert starts selecting Otsemobor in preference to Spillane then I would be very worried.  

[quote]I get so used to people throwing abuse, whenever someone says anything about moaning I assume they are talking about me LOL. Sorry mate.

Im pleased but not excited as I was expecting someone else as our number one choice, think he will do well. His teams seem to play good football. Best of luck Lambo!!![/quote]

lol no big deal SAW, let''s hope he does a good job, hope he gets a lot of backing when he takes charge, and sure he will.Hopefully we can have a nice start tonight and show him the potential of this team.

Not happy or excited at this appointment, no better than what we had really. Managed at Livingstone, Wycombe and Colchester, achieved nothing and walked out on them all. Despite my negativity will back the new manager and give hime time and as ever I hope to be proved totally wrong about him.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Not happy or excited at this appointment, no better than what we had really. Managed at Livingstone, Wycombe and Colchester, achieved nothing and walked out on them all. Despite my negativity will back the new manager and give hime time and as ever I hope to be proved totally wrong about him.[/quote]

hasnt achieved much but apparently well thought of in football circles. Lets hope this is a good appointment for a change.

Well i am,he will be excellent for this football club and will be a huge improvement on the way out of his depth Gunn....well done to McNally on doing this right

I am pretty excited to be honest Arthur. Remember reading a couple of articles about him during his Wycombe days and being struck by how ambitious he sounded. It''s difficult to explain when I''m at work and don''t have much time so I''ll post my full thoughts later but there''s something about Paul Lambert that makes me think we''re going to be OK.

Hope you''re well mate, are you going on Saturday?