Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

Petition to bring the old Pink'un website back

No offence to those who have made the changes, but this new outlay really isn''t the sort of change needed. As the saying goes, if it ain''t broke, don''t fix it. I used to love the old layout, now everything has been thrown around and we''ve got a main page that really lacks character.

I may be the only one who thinks this, but here''s my attempt to get the old Pink''un layout back!

Signed Mushroom.

Pete, your signature right in the sense that we used to have yellow nets??

How cool would that be?

we should do it! if its allowed by the football league regulations that is...

COYY

[quote user="Brendan"]Pete, your signature right in the sense that we used to have yellow nets?? How cool would that be? we should do it! if its allowed by the football league regulations that is... COYY[/quote]

The yellow nets were aweome!

[quote user="Brendan"]Pete, your signature right in the sense that we used to have yellow nets?? How cool would that be? we should do it! if its allowed by the football league regulations that is... COYY[/quote]

werent they yellow and green stripes ( 2 yellow bits either side of a green bit) i''m probably completely wrong!

Yellow and green stripes in action.[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7Z1WqgaWAI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7Z1WqgaWAI[/url]

[quote user="Mushroom"]

No offence to those who have made the changes, but this new outlay really isn''t the sort of change needed. As the saying goes, if it ain''t broke, don''t fix it. I used to love the old layout, now everything has been thrown around and we''ve got a main page that really lacks character.

I may be the only one who thinks this, but here''s my attempt to get the old Pink''un layout back!

Signed Mushroom.

[/quote]

It''s a messageboard, get a life man!

[quote user="Jen-Jen "]Is It Just My Computer, Or Has The Box Where You Type Shrunk? Lol.[/quote]

If you are using explorer 8 hit the compatability button. That should fix it

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Jen-Jen "]Is It Just My Computer, Or Has The Box Where You Type Shrunk? Lol.[/quote]

[/quote]Could be all those capital letters![;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]Could be all those capital letters![;)][/quote]

He. Just. Uses.Very. Short. Sentences

[quote user="Mushroom"]

Signed Mushroom.

[/quote]

don''t you have a job

Oh get a life you wil get used to it after a week and not even remember what the old design was like.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Won''t happen I''m afraid Mushrrom. We will be making more changes to the homepage though.[/quote]

Pete, will they be curing the problem when on certain pages the adverts at the bottom encroach into the last message?[:@]

I cannot see how commercial enterprises like archant can make these websites pays especially if they cause a significant reduction in the amount of papers sold - this is clear with the end of the paper version of the pinkun - this website killed that. Some thing has to pay for the staff running this site and all the journo''s there fore the only strategy can be income through online adverts or pay per view or subscription - so we have to put up with adverts or be prepared to pay for this webiste in the future.

[quote user="BGG YPOS"]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Won''t happen I''m afraid Mushrrom. We will be making more changes to the homepage though.[/quote]

Pete, will they be curing the problem when on certain pages the adverts at the bottom encroach into the last message?[:@]

[/quote]

Yes, seconded, those google ads are so anoying when they cover the post so you cannot read it.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Won''t happen I''m afraid Mushrrom. We will be making more changes to the homepage though.[/quote]So does this include proper journalism Pete, where phrases such as ...''and will be the first leave TV appearance of the campaign.'' won''t appear on the site any longer or are we still going to suffer this kind of thing as regularly as before?

No sign of an edit button on PLANET PINK yet then Pete?

[quote user="BGGYPOS"]

[/quote]

Yes. It annoys me too!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]You''d have thought that after 11,601 posts you should be able to get them right by now! [:S]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Will suggest a 5 minute edit window for the new forums if this is technically possible and if our legal eagles allow it.

[quote user="Mushroom"]

Signed Mushroom.

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more, Mushroom. You have my support.

Elpis