Sign in to follow this  
@NYCANARIES

Hoolahan. my 2 cents.

[quote user="Norfolk Ned"]Under the circumstances I say the club forget it and just move on. It should just be forgotten. Why pi*s Wes off with a fine.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly, all these inquiries do is keep the bad memories of last saturday firmly in people''s minds and contribute to bad morale within the club, we need to concentrate on winning the next game not raking over the ashes of that ridiculous result.

Changing tack slightly,if it was one of our crappy players (eg. Otsemiconscious) who had done this,would we have used it as an excuse to chase them out of the club?Is Hooly getting an easier ride because he is good?

[quote user="Herman "]

Changing tack slightly,if it was one of our crappy players (eg. Otsemiconscious) who had done this,would we have used it as an excuse to chase them out of the club?Is Hooly getting an easier ride because he is good?

and rightly so if that is the case..isn`t good character taken into account when people commit little misdemeanours ?

[/quote]

[quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]

After his performance Saturday, I would have run after him down the road and pushed him into the river - hopefully never to be seen again. Let alone giving me the finger!

Herman is dead right - if it had been one of the ''scapegoat'' players, such as Ostemobor or Doc, the attitude of some would be somewhat different.

Whilst you can understand players getting as frustrated as us supporters, and letting it show at times, Wes shouldn''t have have done what he did. I''d have thought he''d be able to accept that and expect a (small and private) club fine; he''d probably expect that at any club and I''m sure he is man enough to accept it. Unless he is really thin skinned, it wouldn''t be something that''d be enough to drive him away from the club.

"Do you think Hoolahan actually gives a toot what the fan''s think?...."

When they are crowding round him, giving him shit, yes.

re hoolahan at the yeovil game - did anyone else notice how he pretty much grabbed the ball to take the penalty, and didn''t exactly celebrate when he scored it - i thought it seemed he was determined to get on the scoresheet to put himself in the shop window. anyone agree or am i reading too much into it?

[quote user="bleach"]

re hoolahan at the yeovil game - did anyone else notice how he pretty much grabbed the ball to take the penalty, and didn''t exactly celebrate when he scored it - i thought it seemed he was determined to get on the scoresheet to put himself in the shop window. anyone agree or am i reading too much into it?

[/quote]

Phew ,that''s a conspiracy theory & a half [:^)]

[quote user="bleach"]

[/quote]Possibly, just determined to cement the place as penalty taker - he''s had it before but clingan had it here last season and holt was another possibility. By grabbing it quick he gets to take it and by treating the scoring of it lightly he gives off the impression that it wouldn''t be hard for him to repeat it.

[quote user="bleach"]

[/quote]Did notice lack of celebration yes. Signifacant?. Maybe.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="bleach"]

[/quote]Did notice lack of celebration yes. Signifacant?. Maybe.[/quote]corr; significant.

[quote user="First Jedi"]"Do you think Hoolahan actually gives a toot what the fan''s think?...." When they are crowding round him, giving him shit, yes.[/quote]

''Crowding round him?''