Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Russell leaving?

Does anyone know what is happening with Russell, it''s all gone quiet?

The cash could come in useful, some of it could go towards getting Alnwick in longer term and on the last two matches a decent centre back must surely be an option, we need some confidence and command there as it sounds like we panic under any kind of attack.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Does anyone know what is happening with Russell, it''s all gone quiet?

The cash could come in useful, some of it could go towards getting Alnwick in longer term and on the last two matches a decent centre back must surely be an option, we need some confidence and command there as it sounds like we panic under any kind of attack.

[/quote]

Yes i would sell him for Alnwick. I didn''t mind Rusty though. One thing was when he was on the pitch i always feared we would end up with ten men.

Think you''re right Jim. Perhaps we shouldn''t have held out for more when Burnley came calling.

Now it seems that he is merely picking up his wages coz he is as close to the 1st team as I am.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Well I won''t be gutted if he stays, I''ve always liked Rusty.[/quote]Yeah, but you''ve always liked Cureton too...[;)]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="First Wizard"]Well I won''t be gutted if he stays, I''ve always liked Rusty.[/quote]
Yeah, but you''ve always liked Cureton too...[;)]
[/quote]

True, and Holt and Cody Mac too.............so?[:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="First Wizard"]Well I won''t be gutted if he stays, I''ve always liked Rusty.[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s nearly half a team.. you''re slippin'' Wiz........

I''ve always liked The Doc.......

[;)]

Russell is part of the problem. He''s been here for 2 seasons and weve battled relegation, unsuccessfully, for 2 seasons. No surprise.Russell doesnt contribute enough, lots of hustle and bustle but no end product. Doesnt score, doesnt create. Not good enough.I said last season if we had a midfield of Clingan and a Francis etc we would have done better.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s nearly half a team.. you''re slippin'' Wiz........

I''ve always liked The Doc.......

[;)]

[/quote]

Please Nutty, don''t start another debate off about the Doc .............. [+o(]

[quote user="Jim Kent"]That would explain why Burnley bid for him then![/quote]

Because teams buy bad players. Your point would be valid if Burnley had been a top class team for years but that really isn''t the case.

If we can afford him then I think we should keep him. At this level he''s not a bad player and it''s going to be a long season and he will be useful to have in the mix.