Sign in to follow this  
chichcanary

New manager

Might as well start a "who''s taking over" thread

Will it be Crook - if so I can''t see the logic. If they are sacking Gunn because of Saturday''s result why promote one of his deputies

Will they re-advertise and get someone from outside and presumably replace Butterworth / Crook etc

The whole thing makes no sense basically

I think they must have someone lined up.This has Mcnally''s influence all over it. Said after the Caps thing that he would not mess about!

[quote user="Destort"]Mark Robins is lined up.. I heard this a few days ago[/quote]Yes please.

Adrian Boothroyd. I dont know anything but its a hunch.

Crook and Butters surely have to go? They''re all just as culpable!!

o''leary FFS

we are a league 1 club with no money.

explain to me why o''leary would consider becoming our manager

[quote user="Destort"]Mark Robins is lined up.. I heard this a few days ago[/quote]

On the carling cup round up on sky sports he did refer to Norwich as we. hmmm...

[quote user="chichcanary"]

Why after 1 game though - why let Gunn spend all the transfer money and bring in a new manager?

[/quote]Maybe this is what has been holding up Stefanovic and Russells'' departures ?  Maybe their releases will allow the new bloke to bring in a couple more new faces.  It does seem like odd timing though, 17 days left of the transfer window, and we''re starting (what is usually a 3 week ) process to bring in a replacement.

Going on the recent trend it will be someone with both Gunn and Roeder''s abilities combined.

Surely Robins would be just another ''bleeds green and yellow blood'' appointment? I''m hoping the new faces on board will be a little less inclined to repeat the mistakes of the recent past.

I''d be very happy with Robbins - just happier with him being appointed at the end of last season so he could have built his own staff / squad

Surely if we have to pay off Crook / Butterworth / Deehan that''s more money down the toilet

Why after 1 game though - why let Gunn spend all the transfer money and bring in a new manager?

[/quote]

I think the prob was/is that Gunn was Delia''s appointment and so transfer budget etc was given to him. McNally has abided by this for as least time as possible because he''s spotted Gunn as a dead man walking, and as soon as he made a collosal arse of the Colchester game he pushed for early removal. The new board members are obviously much more proactive than their predecessors. However, he had to give Gunn a chance, but looks like he only had one chance!

[quote user="Mr. Carrow"]Going on the recent trend it will be someone with both Gunn and Roeder''s abilities combined.
[/quote]

Mike Bassett it is then...

[quote user="bobfleck"]Surely Robins would be just another ''bleeds green and yellow blood'' appointment? I''m hoping the new faces on board will be a little less inclined to repeat the mistakes of the recent past.[/quote]

At least Robbins had a great season at this level last year and is young though

Grant / Gunn had no experience

Roeder was a serial failure at other clubs

Robbins is up and coming

I''d be very happy with Robbins - just happier with him being appointed at the end of last season so he could have built his own staff / squad

Surely if we have to pay off Crook / Butterworth / Deehan that''s more money down the toilet

[/quote]

I''m sure Robins would LOVE to have Deehan on his staff....

[quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="chichcanary"]

[/quote]

I''m sure Robins would LOVE to have Deehan on his staff....

[/quote]I know I''m going to regret asking this, but do these two have history ?  And how come I don''t know about it ?

[quote user="Norwich4Evz"]i''d expect a new manager next week as Norwich said Butterworth was taking of just the Exeter game
[/quote]

You''ll have to get a new avatar Norwich4Evz

I would not be surprised if it''s someone that McNally has worked with before so off top of my head without checking timings that both parties at club Gordon Strachan (Celtic) or Lawrie Sanchez (Fulham), who I would be pretty happy with.This does seem strange though, they must have someone lined up or this is just craziness.Robins I''d be fairly happy with but I''ve met him a few times while he''s been at Rotherham and he is quite boring, I wouldn''t be surprised if it was Paul Jewell or Adi Boothroyd though.But if someone comes in, they''ll just want to bring in a whole new backroom staff again, more money wasted!