Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

somethings a miss ..??

fair point sack someone after the performance last saturday after having all weekend to think about it but..why let someone bring in a whole new team and sack them after a victory ..?

the board is a joke ..!!!

so we now bring in another manager who will want his own squad again..???

the only logical thing i can think of and wish a secret billionare was at carrow road last saturday ...!!! .

[quote user="singing canary"]fair point sack someone after the performance last saturday after having all weekend to think about it but..why let someone bring in a whole new team and sack them after a victory ..? the board is a joke ..!!![/quote]

Not sure about the board being a joke, but this all seems a bit odd, Mcnally knows what he is doing and i would guess that a appointment has already been made, maybe he just used the time when gunn and co were away to sort everything out. He clearly doesnt think that gunn is the long term answer and has decided to change it sooner rather than later.

or its something that has happened in-house !  only time will tell.

Trouble with that is it was Crook that wanted change and Butterworth was agreeing with Gunn to leave it as it is. There is something very strange about the timing of this though.

There is definitley more than meets the eye here, but what, is something i presume we may found out after Saturday or more likely sometime next week.

It was a different board though....[quote user="singing canary"]surely if the board thought " we are not sure " .. why let him buy and bring in 11 players , dont make sence at all .[/quote]

[quote user="ref89"]It was a different board though....

[quote user="singing canary"]surely if the board thought " we are not sure " .. why let him buy and bring in 11 players , dont make sence at all .[/quote][/quote]

Same people making the decisions though, despite your narrow minded rhetoric to the contrary.

If you had invested so much money in something, would you really allow 3 individuals who had invested absolutely nothing to start calling the shots???

[quote user="singing canary"]delia agreed it... sorry this dont tally .[/quote]

Spot On Singing Canary... [Y]

All these people who think that 3 people who have not invested a penny in to the club made this decsion really do not have the first clue about how the world spins!

Narrow minded rhetoric or reality?Delia said at the Capital Canaries meeting she wanted Gunn, she gave him a hug on Saturday.  This has MCNALLY written all over it, and he, as much as you want to paint the picture of queen bee making all the decisions, is obviously behind this decision.[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="ref89"]It was a different board though....[quote user="singing canary"]surely if the board thought " we are not sure " .. why let him buy and bring in 11 players , dont make sence at all .[/quote][/quote]

Same people making the decisions though, despite your narrow minded rhetoric to the contrary.

If you had invested so much money in something, would you really allow 3 individuals who had invested absolutely nothing to start calling the shots???

[/quote]

Delia was having a nice cosy chat with Crooky and Flecky in the Directionless Box after the debacle on Saturday......[;)]

[quote user="ref89"]Narrow minded rhetoric or reality?

Delia said at the Capital Canaries meeting she wanted Gunn, she gave him a hug on Saturday.  This has MCNALLY written all over it, and he, as much as you want to paint the picture of queen bee making all the decisions, is obviously behind this decision.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="ref89"]It was a different board though....

[quote user="singing canary"]surely if the board thought " we are not sure " .. why let him buy and bring in 11 players , dont make sence at all .[/quote][/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

Well we all know that McNally is to blame when our wonderful new manager proves he isn''t up to the job either then don''t we?

Oh how wonderful, Delia & Wynn Jones off the hook yet again in that scenario!!! [:$]

why did the board back gunn to bring in his players .. ie grant holt ,wiggins .

then sack him two weeks later .

foulger put money in and backed gunn .

something does not ring true to me ..

Totally agree with this thread.

It doesn''t seem to add up after Tuesday.

All I can think of is that they have somebody lined up...but even that seems unlikely.

Never a dull day, OTBC!

I agree with you although for slightly different reasons.  Delia and MWJ to my mind are the primary culprits here for being so unprofessional as to appoint Gunn before the board was properly constituted.  This never should have happened and Gunn might have been prepared to continue on a temporary basis until the board was appointed.

Doing what they did always meant that there was the potential for there to be unrest about his appointment within the board.  In the same way that the new manager will no doubt feel about a number of the squad, all of which were not his choice.

Whoever made the decision, in my opinion the timing of this shows to me the ineptness of the board at the time of Gunn''s appointment.

[quote user="singing canary"]fair point sack someone after the performance last saturday after having all weekend to think about it but..why let someone bring in a whole new team and sack them after a victory ..?

the board is a joke ..!!![/quote]

do you let it happen or make it happen???There was talk of arguments in the changing room, The players brought were not just Gunns descisions, there are 3 others envolved.The timing is strange,but the decision is not!

McNally was brought in as director of football to manage the football side of things. After the 7-1 defeat he had to start managing.

Now he will bring in Lawrie Sanchez

Agree 100% with the OP,i never wanted Gunn as manager and the fact that the Cook gave him the job still amazes me BUT today has just taken the biscuit,why the hell would they sack the sherriff after backing him with the rebuild in the summer,this will be another step backwards if the board don''t get the appointment right and to me shows me even more who we need to leave the club before we start moving forwards,any one who backs Delia after this really does need to take a deep breath and look at what a joke the club has turned into under her,yet again this evening the club we all love is a country wide laughing stock!!!![:(]