Sign in to follow this  
Norwich4Evz

Bryan Gunn Fired

Just speculating, and i don''t feel close to believing this article has any truth in it, but hypothetically if it ''were to be'' true, i''d put it down to none other than McNally''s supposed hardlined approach.The club, through the services of McNally did a lot of rebuilding and put in a lot of effort in the PR department in the summer, to build back up a relationship with the fans. Gunn effectively destroyed all that work in 90 minutes in his first match in charge with a team of his own, and put egg on the faces of those who perhaps, on this occasion, didn''t deserve it.McNally said he''d be analysing and following Gunn''s work very closely, and looking for any hiccups. Could Gunn be on the recieving end of McNally''s hardline approach already? (And lets face it, if this were the case it would hardly be a surprise to anyone. Saturday was as big a hiccup as you could possibly make in the footballing word)

[quote user="NC"]

[quote user="Salopian"]On Thursday Gunn reported on injury news and preparations for Saturday on the official site, - hardly what you would expect from an ex-manager.
[/quote]

STORY CONFIRMING ON OFFICIAL SITE!!!!!

[/quote]

Where?  Have looked and can''t see it

This is the wrong time to be doing this, can''t afford to waste money on contracts and new managers. New squad with potential, don''t want it to be disrupted yet again!

I have to say, i didn''t think i would be, but i''m surprised! Very surprised!I have to be honest here..... IM VERY HAPPY!Bring in Boothroyd!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="NC"]

[quote user="Salopian"]On Thursday Gunn reported on injury news and preparations for Saturday on the official site, - hardly what you would expect from an ex-manager.
[/quote]

STORY CONFIRMING ON OFFICIAL SITE!!!!!

[/quote]

Where?  Have looked and can''t see it

[/quote]#

He`s gone, SSN

[quote user="John"]Just speculating, and i don''t feel close to believing this article has any truth in it, but hypothetically if it ''were to be'' true, i''d put it down to none other than McNally''s supposed hardlined approach.The club, through the services of McNally did a lot of rebuilding and put in a lot of effort in the PR department in the summer, to build back up a relationship with the fans. Gunn effectively destroyed all that work in 90 minutes in his first match in charge with a team of his own, and put egg on the faces of those who perhaps, on this occasion, didn''t deserve it.McNally said he''d be analysing and following Gunn''s work very closely, and looking for any hiccups. Could Gunn be on the recieving end of McNally''s hardline approach already? (And lets face it, if this were the case it would hardly be a surprise to anyone. Saturday was as big a hiccup as you could possibly make in the footballing word)[/quote]Ha!

I hate to be Mr Conspiracy but isn''t this the kind of thing that sometimes happens just before a club announces a takeover?

(I have no knowledge that this is the case, but it''s one option)

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

I hate to be Mr Conspiracy but isn''t this the kind of thing that sometimes happens just before a club announces a takeover?

(I have no knowledge that this is the case, but it''s one option)

[/quote]

He`s to far away for Delia to give him a big hug!

I wonder if they''d already decided his fate before they came to the Capital Canaries Q & A session on Monday evening ?

If they already knew when they came to see us then they bluffed their way through pretty convincingly. I find it hard to believe they did it after the hammering the team gave Yeovil though......

Absolutely delighted by this move. While it will prolong the embarrasment we will suffer from the rest of the footballing world, it was clear that Gunn was never the right man for the job. I hope this move is indicative of a more decisive board and the way Norwich want to do things from now on. Ruthlessly.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

I wonder if they''d already decided his fate before they came to the Capital Canaries Q & A session on Monday evening ?

If they already knew when they came to see us then they bluffed their way through pretty convincingly. I find it hard to believe they did it after the hammering the team gave Yeovil though......

[/quote]

I had a long chat with Delia 4 days before she fired Worthy (not in an official meeting or anything) and she was adamant that he wouldn''t be fired and talked about long term stability being the route to success.

4 days later off he goes..

This must be the doing of McNally surley? Mr and Mrs Delia seemed perfectly happy with Gunn. Hopefully McNally actually knows what he''s doing and could see that Gunn was not a manager and will get someone in who knows what they''re doing.

Who needs Eastenders or Corrie when they have the never ending soap opera of Carrow Road?

ex-goal keeper
ex-sheriff
ex-alround club servant
ex-manager
ex-legend(?)...lets hope not!!

Always a legend. Lovely bloke who did everything he could, but never canny enough to be a manager, which isn''t his fault but just an unfortunate fact. Anyone who saw him play for City will testify that he will forever deserve legend status.