Sign in to follow this  
Herb

Thanks for everything Gunny...

I can''t see anyone else giving Gunn a bit of credit, so I''m going to.Thanks for having a crack Gunny. I don''t believe for a minute you took the job for any reason other than doing the best you could for City. We''ll never know whether it would have worked out.Cheers big man, you can buy me a pint when you get your season ticket in the Barclay!

Thanks Bryan, you made good on your word and created a Norwich City team again, real shame that you didn''t get a real chance to see them grow.

Thanks Gunny, you were and will always be an NCFC legend in my eyes.  I was desperate for you to succeed as manager, just a shame the shambolic players against Colchester couldn''t do your name some justice.

[quote user="CT "]Why should we thank him? For relegation or for getting us an awful goalkeeper?Its a no from me.[/quote]It''s a thanks for trying. It''s a thanks for everything he''s done over the past 25 years. It''s a thanks for signing permenent players and working incredibly hard to do so.Thanks Bryan.

Agreed. You''ll always be a legend in my eyes Gunny. A fitting tribute would be if the promising squad that you put together achieved the aim of promotion this season. Despite the game last weekend, you didn''t deserve this shabby treatment, particularly after a 4-0 away win.

Very best wishes in the future. Hope to see you back at CR in an ambassadorial role in the near future.

[quote user="CT "]Why should we thank him? For relegation or for getting us an awful goalkeeper?Its a no from me.[/quote]Well p*ss off out of my thread then, Mr Verbal Diarhea. Spew your bile in the half dozen other non-threads you''ve started.

Gunny, thanks for the memories.Those being the first relegation to the 3rd tier in 60 years and the worst home defeat in our 107 year old history.Don''t rush back now.

[quote user="Norwich R Us"]Gunny, thanks for the memories.Those being the first relegation to the 3rd tier in 60 years and the worst home defeat in our 107 year old history.Don''t rush back now.[/quote]Bet you dont get slated...

[quote user="NorwichRUs"]Gunny, thanks for the memories.Those being the first relegation to the 3rd tier in 60 years and the worst home defeat in our 107 year old history.Don''t rush back now.[/quote]If you don''t want to appreciate him, fuck off and keep off this thread! Some people want to say thanks, others dont and thats fair enough. It doesn''t mean you have to be sarcastic and forget everything else Gunn has done fo the club.

..... Hmmm, can''t bring myself to. He should never of tried, and when he did, he came up well short. It''s the end of his career as manager, but what some will forget is that he effectively implicated some severe long term damage that will take us a long time to recover from. How he was allowed to take the job was naive on the part of the board, and in the end cruel upon his reputation.I will however thank him for his services prior to his reign as manager.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="NorwichRUs"]Gunny, thanks for the memories.Those being the first relegation to the 3rd tier in 60 years and the worst home defeat in our 107 year old history.Don''t rush back now.[/quote]If you don''t want to appreciate him, fuck off and keep off this thread! Some people want to say thanks, others dont and thats fair enough. It doesn''t mean you have to be sarcastic and forget everything else Gunn has done fo the club.[/quote]Why?Gunns short managerial career =[img]http://www.ghettowebmaster.com/images/epic-fail.jpg[/img]

[quote user="CT "]Bet you dont get slated...[/quote]Just because you''re paranoid, don''t mean we''re not after you......

Thanks for getting us relegated, thanks for our worst home defeatBut most of all, thanks for taking a nice big componsation packet from us as reward for your ineptitude.Don''t care if this thread is to praise him, are you going to cry because I ruined the tribute thread?

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Thanks for getting us relegated, thanks for our worst home defeatBut most of all, thanks for taking a nice big componsation packet from us as reward for your ineptitude.Don''t care if this thread is to praise him, are you going to cry because I ruined the tribute thread?[/quote]No, not going to cry, just add you to my list of utter c*cks on the Pinkun forum.It''s a long list...

Get me a bucket, the guy is not even in our top three keepers, took us down to div 3 and managed our worse home defeat in history, have i missed something i should thank him for?

[quote user="ricky knight"]Get me a bucket, the guy is not even in our top three keepers, took us down to div 3 and managed our worse home defeat in history, have i missed something i should thank him for?[/quote]We''re aware of your personal issues with Gunn.I''ll reserve judgement on who is the more upstanding member of the local community.Discretion being the better part of valour and all....

[quote user="ricky knight"]Get me a bucket, the guy is not even in our top three keepers, took us down to div 3 and managed our worse home defeat in history, have i missed something i should thank him for?[/quote]

I do agree with you but as a player he did give me some good memories, like in europe etc, but Keelan, Woods and Green to name 3 were better to be honest, but he was a good servant to the club. Shame about his management career.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

I wonder if the new manager will be polite to Smudger at the next open forum?

You see, it doesn''t pay to abuse your customer base.

[/quote]

haha no hard feelings from me towards Mr Gunn though Tangy... it is those who employed him and then gave him peanuts to soend who are ultimately to blame.

Gunny was just too nice.

I wonder if he feels sorry already for his replacement?

Watch out new manager, whoever you are, I hear that Delia is sharpening the knives already!

good luck gunny in wat ever you do next,you do not deserve to be treated like this you are a TRUE city legend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

I wonder if the new manager will be polite to Smudger at the next open forum?

You see, it doesn''t pay to abuse your customer base.

[/quote]That''s a strange definition of ''customer'' you''re working with there [:P]