Sign in to follow this  
FatMan Fat

Hendo, Jarvis and Shackell means the future is bright

Judging by the recent reports concerning Hendo, Jarvis and Shackell the future is looking bright for N.C.F.C., and thats really good to see.

These three young starletts are going to save us millions in a few years time, and make us millions a few years after that no doubt.

Long may our Academy keep producing :-)

Good to see them getting regular (now of higher quality) reserve team football.

Personally, I''d like to see Shackell on the bench - where would we be if a central defender gets crocked in a game - and expose him whenever the right opportunity arises.

Jarvis is next after Leon in my view.

Hendo seems to be performing this term - again opportunities exist around the forward midfield area.

Somehow though - whilst I''d be happy to see any one of them on the bench, can'' t feel quite so relaxed yet having all three on standby.

I think jarvis is ready seems to be banging them in for the reserves and young england, stick him on the bench

I think Jarvis is Nigels secret weapon. The match practice he gets against Premier League Reserve sides is, I would suggest, better than that he would get out on loan at say Cambridge?

I may be wrong, but expect to see him feature a lot this season alongside Hucks.

I am not sure about the quality of some prem reserves - Chelsea never play anyfirst team players but use their better academy stars for example. With City only fielding 5 pros themselves it was hardly much more than a senior academy game. The advantage of Cambridge for example it is truly competitve footie against seasoned pros - worked wonders for Forsaell at Palace.

That said with todays abbey announcement we need striker coverage and Jarvis should stage and get some of the 15-20s at the end of games. Ahead of Leon is hard to justify, Sven less so but its a brave choice to ignore that added experience.

The same goes for shackell - if flem and charlton continue to start and Doc is up front we can have two striker subs with Helveg on the bench. If either central defender is injured then Doc drops back and so the options are there.

However the attitude of Henderson has really impressed me this season and the form of all three is really very encouraging for the future. I dont expect to see to much from them this season - our squad is bigger and we have good cover across the park but it is reassuring to know that they can be called and relied upon if needed.

OTBC