Sign in to follow this  
ctid

We are becoming an absolute joke

He was not the right man for the job in the first place. We needed a manager with experience. He was not the right man after we got relegated. Thank you Bryan, but we need to look else where. But no. He got the job and was allowed to build his team. He has a contract and the board believes he is the man to take us forward. We get absolutely humiliated at home. The board could have sacked him Monday morning and even the people in the Gunn corner would have had trouble disputing the decision. We then go away from home and win 4-0. We have not done this in any competition for years. We have struggled in this competion against Bury and Rotheram in previous years. You think, well lets not get carried away but this is a good result and it maybe the beginning of the improvement. The players who played so well would have had a burst of confidence and be looking forward to tomorrows game.

One awful result followed by an excellent one. We surely should have given it another few games before dismissing the manager.

I pray there is something afoot. A new owner and a cash injection with a manager in mind. If this is the case, then maybe the board are being proactive and maybe forgiven.

If not; then they are really trying my patience. CTID but these people are really making it bloody difficult. I am not a Delia hater. I appreciate her stance. She has put lots of her own money in and wants it back if she is to leave the club. She is a City fan without doubt. She will  struggle to make the money back because the board which she is part of makes stupid decisions ,repeatedly. We are becoming a joke in the football world. We start again with the instability of no manager and then a new manager with different ideas. Will he fancy the two Ian''s. How much will this cost ?

Bryan Gunn was never my choice. However, he was given the job and should have been allowed to prove that he was worthy. The powers that be thought he was, and then doubted their opinion as soon as the going got tough. This is not the stuff of leaders but the signs of weakness. You can not be successful when the core of the club is weak. Chase was not well liked but he could never be accused of being weak.

I am at a loss of what to think any more. Whatever his shortcomings and inabilities. I dont feel Bryan Gunn has been treated fairly or justly. He is a decent man who has always been a honourable servant of both this club and our fine city. He has unfortunately been employed by a group of people who do not bring the same honour to our club or city.

Winning is everything, business is cut throat, sometimes individuals must be sacrificed for the greater good. There better be some greater good on the way!

[quote user="ctid"]

He was not the right man for the job in the first place. We needed a manager with experience. He was not the right man after we got relegated. Thank you Bryan, but we need to look else where. But no. He got the job and was allowed to build his team. He has a contract and the board believes he is the man to take us forward. We get absolutely humiliated at home. The board could have sacked him Monday morning and even the people in the Gunn corner would have had trouble disputing the decision. We then go away from home and win 4-0. We have not done this in any competition for years. We have struggled in this competion against Bury and Rotheram in previous years. You think, well lets not get carried away but this is a good result and it maybe the beginning of the improvement. The players who played so well would have had a burst of confidence and be looking forward to tomorrows game.

One awful result followed by an excellent one. We surely should have given it another few games before dismissing the manager.

I pray there is something afoot. A new owner and a cash injection with a manager in mind. If this is the case, then maybe the board are being proactive and maybe forgiven.

If not; then they are really trying my patience. CTID but these people are really making it bloody difficult. I am not a Delia hater. I appreciate her stance. She has put lots of her own money in and wants it back if she is to leave the club. She is a City fan without doubt. She will  struggle to make the money back because the board which she is part of makes stupid decisions ,repeatedly. We are becoming a joke in the football world. We start again with the instability of no manager and then a new manager with different ideas. Will he fancy the two Ian''s. How much will this cost ?

Bryan Gunn was never my choice. However, he was given the job and should have been allowed to prove that he was worthy. The powers that be thought he was, and then doubted their opinion as soon as the going got tough. This is not the stuff of leaders but the signs of weakness. You can not be successful when the core of the club is weak. Chase was not well liked but he could never be accused of being weak.

I am at a loss of what to think any more. Whatever his shortcomings and inabilities. I dont feel Bryan Gunn has been treated fairly or justly. He is a decent man who has always been a honourable servant of both this club and our fine city. He has unfortunately been employed by a group of people who do not bring the same honour to our club or city.

Winning is everything, business is cut throat, sometimes individuals must be sacrificed for the greater good. There better be some greater good on the way!

[/quote]

Excellent post. Agree with every word. If we don''t have Coppell/Boothroyd/Dowie whoever lined up and in place on Monday, or some investment or both, this could get quite ugly with a return to the Chase Out days. God, I really hope they know what they are doing this time......