Sign in to follow this  
CaptnCanary

Did anyone think it was a little odd when we got Alnwick on Loan?

I certainly did. I thought with a permanently signed keeper we would go with him and the young lads we had all ready got as backup - being on a tight budget and all. Does anyone think that doubts had arisen about the ability of Theoklitos prior to signing Alnwick on loan?

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]I certainly did. I thought with a permanently signed keeper we would go with him and the young lads we had all ready got as backup - being on a tight budget and all. Does anyone think that doubts had arisen about the ability of Theoklitos prior to signing Alnwick on loan?[/quote]

Bly certainly did when he started a virtually identical thread this morning[:P]

[quote user="John"]Possibly. Or Gunn may of thought it''d take him awhile to settle in?...
[/quote]

If that were true then surely the same would apply to Alnwick?

More likely that he felt the youngsters'' performances in Scotland indicated they weren''t quite ready to be the number 2 keeper on a regular basis. 

[quote user="if I promise to behave"]I thought Alnwick was brought in because Rudd was going off on international duty and Steer had an injury; or is that too straightforward?[/quote]

Stop using facts!![:@]

Everything must be a conspiracy [;)]

At the time my gut feeling was that they probably weren''t 100% convinced by Theo.

But then it could have just been them wanting more experienced cover.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="if I promise to behave"]I thought Alnwick was brought in because Rudd was going off on international duty and Steer had an injury; or is that too straightforward?[/quote]

Stop using facts!![:@]

Everything must be a conspiracy [;)]

[/quote]

Bloody Delia lover[;)]

I did find it a little odd when Alnwick started on tuesday, because now he is cup tied for the rest of the competition if/when he goes back to spurs in 3 months.Maybe he will come in on loan if Theo does prove to be kinda rubbish.

You come on here being sensible?  No way.  Gunn realised what a blithering idiot he was and in desperation dragged Alnwick in.  It just goes to prove how incompetent he is.  Sack him!  Hang him!  Kill him![quote user="if I promise to behave"]I though Alnwick was brought in because Rudd was going off on international duty and Steer had an injury; or is that too straightforward?[/quote]

[quote user="if I promise to behave"]I though Alnwick was brought in because Rudd was going off on international duty and Steer had an injury; or is that too straightforward?[/quote]Also hadn''t Theo taken a knock on his thigh?

[quote user="jimidack"]I did find it a little odd when Alnwick started on tuesday, because now he is cup tied for the rest of the competition if/when he goes back to spurs in 3 months.

Maybe he will come in on loan if Theo does prove to be kinda rubbish.
[/quote]

Alnwick is at least third choice at Spurs behind Gomez and Cudicini

The only thing I found really curious was when he was included in the squad photo. I know he is technically a member of the squad, but for only 3 months. Yet the team photo is supposedly the ''years'' team. So I expected Theo, Rudd and Steer to be in it. Probably reading too much into it, but I thought to myself, "Will he be here longer?".........

[quote user="Clipped Canary"]The only thing I found really curious was when he was included in the squad photo. I know he is technically a member of the squad, but for only 3 months. Yet the team photo is supposedly the ''years'' team. So I expected Theo, Rudd and Steer to be in it. Probably reading too much into it, but I thought to myself, "Will he be here longer?".........
[/quote]

Asks Spuds nicely and he can stay. He is surplus to requirements there

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]I certainly did. I thought with a permanently signed keeper we would go with him and the young lads we had all ready got as backup - being on a tight budget and all. Does anyone think that doubts had arisen about the ability of Theoklitos prior to signing Alnwick on loan?[/quote]

[/quote]

so bloody what..maybe the poster couldn`t be bothered to go back 2 weeks and see if there was a similar thread..  does it really bother you that much that a thread has been repeated ?  get a life [:D]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Yesterday, 8:55 PM

BlyBlyBabes is not online. Last active: 23/07/2009 07:41:17 BlyBlyBabes

Top 50 Posts
Joined on 31/10/2003
Posts 5,103

Did someone suspect?

Reply Quote

What? That Theokilitis was dicey.

Remember how the 22 year old Ben Alnwick was brought in rather late and unexpectedly after most pundits had concluded that young Rudd would be the backup keeper this season?

OTBC

Oh dear, oh dear.

In flagrante delicto.

Whatever next.

[:P][:P]

OTBC

[quote user="KenBrown"]

[quote user="Clipped Canary"]The only thing I found really curious was when he was included in the squad photo. I know he is technically a member of the squad, but for only 3 months. Yet the team photo is supposedly the ''years'' team. So I expected Theo, Rudd and Steer to be in it. Probably reading too much into it, but I thought to myself, "Will he be here longer?".........[/quote]

Asks Spuds nicely and he can stay. He is surplus to requirements there

[/quote]Hope you''re right! I think we could do with him all season. I remember raising an eyebrow when he was brought in but I just thought it was sensible.

[quote user="ryan1992"]Alnwick hasnt travelled from the other side of the world to get here.[/quote]

There is not a lot of difference between the main Australian cities and Norwich short of a castle. All have the same TV programmes, a river, easy reach to sandy beaches, blue skies, predominately English population, Fosters beer, supermarkets, BP petrol, mobile phones, traffic jams, theatres, football and rugby teams, sailing clubs, Chinese, Indian and Thai Restaurants, Daily Newspapers full of horror stories, car boot sales on the weekend, blocks of modern flats, pub meals, turkey legs, Cadburys chocolate, paper towels, sliced bread, school uniforms, night club bouncers.

Wherever home is it is only 19 hours away by plane and six digets on a telephone key pad.

[quote user="Desert Fox"]

[quote user="jimidack"]I did find it a little odd when Alnwick started on tuesday, because now he is cup tied for the rest of the competition if/when he goes back to spurs in 3 months.Maybe he will come in on loan if Theo does prove to be kinda rubbish.[/quote]

Alnwick is at least third choice at Spurs behind Gomez and Cudicini

[/quote]True, but in the event of an injury or suspension, or knowing Gomes, a dip in form and Spurs may need him, just seems odd that he was involved in the squad photo for the season and then played in the league cup, thus making him cup tied for when he comes back. Maybe we are lining up a season long loan.

[quote user="pennywise "][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

so bloody what..maybe the poster couldn`t be bothered to go back 2 weeks and see if there was a similar thread..  does it really bother you that much that a thread has been repeated ?  get a life [:D]

[/quote]

So bloody what?? Fact is that this thread is either a pisstake or the OP has selective memory. BBB''s thread was almost exactly the same so this one should be dumped by the Mods. I never see eye-to-eye with bbb but in this case he has been served an injustice... could I actually suggest (god, this hurts) that all dscussion on this point is taken to bbb''s thread? 

[quote user="Clipped Canary"]The only thing I found really curious was when he was included in the squad photo. I know he is technically a member of the squad, but for only 3 months. Yet the team photo is supposedly the ''years'' team. So I expected Theo, Rudd and Steer to be in it. Probably reading too much into it, but I thought to myself, "Will he be here longer?".........[/quote]Last season''s squad photo contained considerably more.

"could I actually suggest (god, this hurts) that all dscussion on this point is taken to bbb''s thread?"

I doubt he is as precisious(sp?) about it as you...

[quote user="First Jedi"]"could I actually suggest (god, this hurts) that all dscussion on this point is taken to bbb''s thread?" I doubt he is as precisious(sp?) about it as you...[/quote]

I really wish I knew what you are trying to say here...

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="First Jedi"]"could I actually suggest (god, this hurts) that all dscussion on this point is taken to bbb''s thread?" I doubt he is as precisious(sp?) about it as you...[/quote]

[/quote]

He''s saying you are being a d1ck!

Yes my post is basically identical to the previous one. Not the first time its ever happened is it? And it wont be that last. We obviously had exactly the same thought on the same day. So what? BBB''s post had slipped way down the page when I came on here and I dont think its reasonable for you to expect everybody who posts here to read every single message on the forum just to make sure they are not duplicating. If the mods want to combine the threads I couldn''t care less. The whole point is to debate the issues here - not worry about who''s posts get the most responses. Isn''t it?

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[/quote]

He''s saying you are being a d1ck!

Yes my post is basically identical to the previous one. Not the first time its ever happened is it? And it wont be that last. We obviously had exactly the same thought on the same day. So what? BBB''s post had slipped way down the page when I came on here and I dont think its reasonable for you to expect everybody who posts here to read every single message on the forum just to make sure they are not duplicating. If the mods want to combine the threads I couldn''t care less. The whole point is to debate the issues here - not worry about who''s posts get the most responses. Isn''t it?

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]I certainly did. I thought with a permanently signed keeper we would go with him and the young lads we had all ready got as backup - being on a tight budget and all. Does anyone think that doubts had arisen about the ability of Theoklitos prior to signing Alnwick on loan?[/quote]When he was brought in I believe Rudd had not been match fit so he was supposed to be a cover for Theoklitos. Although it may be that we need 3 descent at this level keepers as most other clubs do.