Sign in to follow this  
Iwan=legend

Other sackings

Has any other manager ever been sacked after just 2 games? I know Coppell didn''t last long at Man City, but thought he was there for a month at least?

" I know Coppell didn''t last long at Man City, but thought he was there for a month at least?"Coppell walked away from Man City. He wasn''t sacked.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]" I know Coppell didn''t last long at Man City, but thought he was there for a month at least?"

Coppell walked away from Man City. He wasn''t sacked.
[/quote]

My mistake. So we hold the record then? Great.

Let''s rephrase your question" Is Gunn the first manager to be sacked after just a single league game into the season?"

Has to be some sort of record, unless someone''s been sacked at half-time?

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]We found two that were given the boot earlier.[/quote]Who were they, Pete?

About 10 years ago Cowdenbeath I remember sacked their manager without him taking charge of so much as one single game. Can''t remember his name as he obviously didn''t have much of a career after that but if you''ve a weekend and not much to do Google will probably have it somewhere. Made the news in Cowdenbeath at the time anyway. [;)]

[quote user="Buckethead"]It was ex Liverpool legend from the ''70''s Peter Cormack.
[/quote]

That''s nothing: My mate was relieved of his Tenure as England manager even before he was born.

Apparently his Dad phrvcked it up.