Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Is it possible...?

That Gunn was essentially sacked after Saturday''s defeat, and Butterworth made all team selections etc?I''m just trying to make sense of the ludicrous timing.

[quote user="hogesar"]That Gunn was essentially sacked after Saturday''s defeat, and Butterworth made all team selections etc?I''m just trying to make sense of the ludicrous timing.[/quote]Didn''t he do all the post match interviews etc. though?

It would make little sense to not announce it if that is the case, Gunn was in Yeovil, he was giving the post match conference etc, I very much doubt he was fired before that game.

[quote user="hogesar"]That Gunn was essentially sacked after Saturday''s defeat, and Butterworth made all team selections etc?I''m just trying to make sense of the ludicrous timing.[/quote]

The timing...that''s the real stupid thing about this which I''ve been trying to get my head round. If he was fired Saturday I don''t think he would have been at Yeovil. Under normal circumstances you wouldn''t just fire someone on the back of 2 games, one of which was a 4-0 away win. Strange.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="hogesar"]That Gunn was essentially sacked after Saturday''s defeat, and Butterworth made all team selections etc?I''m just trying to make sense of the ludicrous timing.[/quote]Didn''t he do all the post match interviews etc. though?[/quote]Exactly? It makes little sense to me, anyone else got some rather....clever ideas? [:D]

[quote user="hogesar"]That Gunn was essentially sacked after Saturday''s defeat, and Butterworth made all team selections etc?I''m just trying to make sense of the ludicrous timing.[/quote]Thats exactly what happened

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="hogesar"]That Gunn was essentially sacked after Saturday''s defeat, and Butterworth made all team selections etc?I''m just trying to make sense of the ludicrous timing.[/quote]Thats exactly what happened[/quote]As in Butterworth picked the team (can''t comment about the timing of the sacking!)If you look at the team that was picked, you could see it wasn''t Gunny that chose it!

[quote user="hogesar"]That Gunn was essentially sacked after Saturday''s defeat, and Butterworth made all team selections etc?I''m just trying to make sense of the ludicrous timing.[/quote]Maybe that''s why he didn''t return to Norwich after the Exeter game - because he was scared of getting whacked. It just took McNally and co two days to find the team hotel. Makes perfect sense

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="hogesar"]That Gunn was essentially sacked after Saturday''s defeat, and Butterworth made all team selections etc?I''m just trying to make sense of the ludicrous timing.[/quote]Thats exactly what happened[/quote]As in Butterworth picked the team (can''t comment about the timing of the sacking!)If you look at the team that was picked, you could see it wasn''t Gunny that chose it![/quote]Was this something Gunn asked him to do ?  Or something imposed upon him ?

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="hogesar"]That Gunn was essentially sacked after Saturday''s defeat, and Butterworth made all team selections etc?I''m just trying to make sense of the ludicrous timing.[/quote]Thats exactly what happened[/quote]As in Butterworth picked the team (can''t comment about the timing of the sacking!)If you look at the team that was picked, you could see it wasn''t Gunny that chose it![/quote]Yeah maybe....it''ll be interesting at least. [:)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="hogesar"]That Gunn was essentially sacked after Saturday''s defeat, and Butterworth made all team selections etc?I''m just trying to make sense of the ludicrous timing.[/quote]Thats exactly what happened[/quote]As in Butterworth picked the team (can''t comment about the timing of the sacking!)If you look at the team that was picked, you could see it wasn''t Gunny that chose it![/quote]Was this something Gunn asked him to do ?  Or something imposed upon him ?[/quote]Don''t know the details just that it was Butterworth that drew up the team sheet. Sorry!

Sorry folks but that simply isn''t right.I''ve spoken to four people now who really should know, and they all independently refute that.

Thanks for verifying that, Cam.I''d say ''early'' this morning he did. But once the sun got over the yard arm...

The Team On Tuesday Did Look More Like A Butterworth Team Than A Gunn Team In My Opinion..........

What by dropping the man HE brought in from Hartlepool? What tosh. Gunn was replaced after Saturday, they made moves and got somewhere. By Tuesday night the new man whoever he may be was probably on board. Timing is bizare unless the new man will be at Exeter tomorrow and announced.

[quote user="LQ"]Sorry folks but that simply isn''t right.I''ve spoken to four people now who really should know, and they all independently refute that.

[/quote]Oh well… looks like your four are right and my two are wrong then LQ! Of course they are going to refute it, as it makes us look only "slightly" less comical!

It is comical, and embarrassing and ridiculous and all the rest of it.BUT it didn''t happen last weekend, or even recently and it wasn''t Butters'' team that turned out on Tuesday night.So comical? Yes. Am I laughing? No.

Sorry, that sentence made no sense!It happened far more recently is what I meant to say.

The two accounts aren''t mutually exclusive.   Gunn was still the Manager until this afternoon.   But he wanted to send out the same team as Saturday, including Theo, to "redeem themselves" on Tuesday.    Butterworth disagreed.    The Board effectively told Gunn he had to send out Butterworth''s team, with no Theo.  The 4-0 win thus did not strengthen Gunn, it weakend him.  The players made a point of congratulating Alnwick very publically after Yeovil, which shows what they thought.   Gunn''s days were numbered from that point.   The timing still requires some explanation.  We can only hope that they have a new man identified already and felt they had to get him now, before (for example) the Premiership gets underway and some other higher profile vacancy came along to tempt their man away, which would suggest a relatively high profile manager will be unveiled shortly. 

[quote user="Camuldonum"]BG still thought he was Manager this morning.[/quote]

And so did the press.....Because you certainly didn''t have a ''scooby doo''....neither did the Star''s Brian Woolymammothhead.

Pure class....(crass)

[quote user="Empty Mirror"]The two accounts aren''t mutually exclusive.   Gunn was still the Manager until this afternoon.   But he wanted to send out the same team as Saturday, including Theo, to "redeem themselves" on Tuesday.    Butterworth disagreed.    The Board effectively told Gunn he had to send out Butterworth''s team, with no Theo.  The 4-0 win thus did not strengthen Gunn, it weakend him.  The players made a point of congratulating Alnwick very publically after Yeovil, which shows what they thought.   Gunn''s days were numbered from that point.   The timing still requires some explanation.  We can only hope that they have a new man identified already and felt they had to get him now, before (for example) the Premiership gets underway and some other higher profile vacancy came along to tempt their man away, which would suggest a relatively high profile manager will be unveiled shortly.  [/quote]Thanking you sir… it saved me typing it all!

[quote user="Things are looking up "]Statement reads board met after Colchester game and unanimously voted to terminate Gunn''s contract. So on that basis it must have been Butterworth''s team.[/quote]

So who HASNT fallen out with crook???

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="Empty Mirror"]The two accounts aren''t mutually exclusive.   Gunn was still the Manager until this afternoon.   But he wanted to send out the same team as Saturday, including Theo, to "redeem themselves" on Tuesday.    Butterworth disagreed.    The Board effectively told Gunn he had to send out Butterworth''s team, with no Theo.  The 4-0 win thus did not strengthen Gunn, it weakend him.  The players made a point of congratulating Alnwick very publically after Yeovil, which shows what they thought.   Gunn''s days were numbered from that point.   The timing still requires some explanation.  We can only hope that they have a new man identified already and felt they had to get him now, before (for example) the Premiership gets underway and some other higher profile vacancy came along to tempt their man away, which would suggest a relatively high profile manager will be unveiled shortly.  [/quote]Thanking you sir… it saved me typing it all!

[/quote]It''s all about the timing. It wasn''t Butters'' team and all the rest you can speculate on to your heart''s content.

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="Empty Mirror"]The two accounts aren''t mutually exclusive.   Gunn was still the Manager until this afternoon.   But he wanted to send out the same team as Saturday, including Theo, to "redeem themselves" on Tuesday.    Butterworth disagreed.    The Board effectively told Gunn he had to send out Butterworth''s team, with no Theo.  The 4-0 win thus did not strengthen Gunn, it weakend him.  The players made a point of congratulating Alnwick very publically after Yeovil, which shows what they thought.   Gunn''s days were numbered from that point.   The timing still requires some explanation.  We can only hope that they have a new man identified already and felt they had to get him now, before (for example) the Premiership gets underway and some other higher profile vacancy came along to tempt their man away, which would suggest a relatively high profile manager will be unveiled shortly.  [/quote]Thanking you sir… it saved me typing it all!

[/quote]It''s all about the timing. It wasn''t Butters'' team and all the rest you can speculate on to your heart''s content.

[/quote]Ok Lisa, have it your way!Sorry … you''re right, I''m wrong… yada yada yada