I hope boothroyd doesnt get the job - long ball merchant, had one good season, failed when tried to get Watford to play it on the ground.

However as he seems to be the favourite i thought i''d get this campaign started in an attempt to beat our own record of sacking the manager after 1 league game as permanent boss.  Maybe we could sack him at half time in his first game or we could sack him at his own appointment press conference - why waste time giving him a game?  

Perhaps they could save some money by writing his contract and dismissal on the same paper?

[quote user="Sir Daz"]

I hope boothroyd doesnt get the job - long ball merchant, had one good season, failed when tried to get Watford to play it on the ground.

However as he seems to be the favourite i thought i''d get this campaign started in an attempt to beat our own record of sacking the manager after 1 league game as permanent boss.  Maybe we could sack him at half time in his first game or we could sack him at his own appointment press conference - why waste time giving him a game?  

[/quote]

well we saw where trying to play a passing style of football got us last weekend!, maybe it''s time for a bit of horses for courses long ball ,appropriate to the league in which we now find ourselves?

If Boothroyd took us up, people would soon stop caring about how ugly we played under him. After all, Ron Saunders is rightly a legend here, yet he knew all about playing ugly to get the results needed. Horses for Courses - if Boothroyd took us up, I wouldn''t care if it was done by arming the players with machine guns and Howitzers.