Sign in to follow this  
Yellowfuture

McNally a pro or a mirage?

McNally was appointed after the Board was pushed into getting rid of Doomcaster. He has come here with an apparant reputation of being a no nonsence man that will sort out the club. An appointment aimed to appease the fans baying for  the blood of the Board. Well done to him for this decision, it undoubtedly has his signature on, I suspect he told the Board it was a No Brainer after last Saturday and having just appointed him Delia and Co would have found it very hard to ignore his advice.

Yes the timing is in reality appauling but Mcnally has no association with previous decisions made by the Board so actually as a new man this was an easy call for him. Presumably we are going to move away from the policy of bringing in Norwich old boys, only recently adopted, but he is right. This whole  episode may throw  the  club into  disarray but he has no association with the past and I think will take us forward. 

I believe that having appointed him Delia feels an obligation to go  with his advice, if  things dont turn around quickly however will his neck be the next  one to be chopped, he is going against the "Delia Way" a high risk tactic for him  but the right one.     

You kind of hope that Delia has done some soul searching over the summer and has decided to take a back seat in terms of footballing decisions. The sheer number of awful managerial decisions mean that anyone involved in previous decision making processes must leave McNally to it. It is sad but it is the right decision, I had hoped Gunny would walk - this should have happened after Charlton.

The acid test on McNally in terms of is he any good is has he already idenified and tapped up/unsettled the next manager - if so he will have someone in place or very nearly in place for next Sat. If we start the usual thourough above board interview process we are back to square one. Hopefully McNally is a step ahead and foresaw this could easily happen considering Gunn''s obvious deficiencies in terms of management.

[quote user="Suffolk exile"]You kind of hope that Delia has done some soul searching over the summer and has decided to take a back seat in terms of footballing decisions. The sheer number of awful managerial decisions mean that anyone involved in previous decision making processes must leave McNally to it. It is sad but it is the right decision, I had hoped Gunny would walk - this should have happened after Charlton. The acid test on McNally in terms of is he any good is has he already idenified and tapped up/unsettled the next manager - if so he will have someone in place or very nearly in place for next Sat. If we start the usual thourough above board interview process we are back to square one. Hopefully McNally is a step ahead and foresaw this could easily happen considering Gunn''s obvious deficiencies in terms of management.[/quote]

IMO he has someone lined up  for the job.