Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

6 Million for Green how would you spend it ?

Ok so the whispers of Robs move to Arsenal doesn''t seem to be going away and the way his form is going at the moment he has got to be worth this sort of money, he is well tied up on contract so anybody wanting to take him better think big money especially if it were before the end of the season (although I would like him to see us safe in the prem before leaving us)

The fact that we have signed 2 international keepers to go along with the great white hope Joe Lewis suggests that we will not be able to stand in Robert''s way forever so we don''t have to worry too much.

So 6 million pounds, we have been prudent so far but still need a striker, hopefully if we keep on in the same way we have started we may be able to sign a player who can just give us the little push we need. Where does your money go ?

Come home Mr Sutton your time is up ! (only 2 games for Celtic so far this season!)

Should just about cover a new corner-infill hotel between the Barclay and the South Stand - hmm...  With maybe 1/2 million left over for Worthy to buy Jonaton Johanson - hmm again...

Hmmm I would certainly like to see Sutton come back to City, but if Celtic won''t use him does it mean he is past his best ?

As regards Greeno leaving your reasoning, sadly, looks quite sound to me, sniff !

whispers from the man down the pub again

Arsenal have a perfectly good keeper in Lehmann, they also bought another in the summer.

If Cech goes to Chelsea for £11M then £6M for Green seems small change. We don''t need to sell unless a very good offer comes in.

All of this seems to stem from the fact that we have Bentley on loan, had he gone to Bolton then would that automatically mean that Jay Jay was going to Arsenal in Jan - no. Fact is Arsenal is a coupld of hours away and we''re not too far from Bentley''s home town plus we offered the chance of regualar first team action.

As with most things on this board it''s a case of adding 2+2 and getting 5.

Celtic haven''t been using Sutton because he''s injured, and for no other reason!  I would still rather we went for someone else though, second comings never really seem to work (Fleck, Walker etc)

I''m sorry,I don''t know where the figure of 6mill came from but in todays market we  would be giving Greeno away!If we must sell him at some time then lets make the buying club hurt.

Anyone buying Green or anyone else for that matter should be squeezed until their pips squeak.. bled dry... £6 million? £8.5 miliion with add ons for champs league qualification, England appearances, etc etc... it hurts when ''big'' clubs poach our players... lets hurt them back.   

I just wouldn''t sell him. We don''t have to, he doesn''t want to go, otherwise why would he have signed a contract. Also another keeper may have let in three on Sunday. Would a new striker have scored three, very unlikely. I know its simplistic but on that basis I think we are better with Greeno.

I think we shouldn''t even consider it we don''t want to be selling our best players anymore, those days I hope are long. 

But on the hypothetical, which I think was the original theory, I''d ask for more cash and Stuart Taylor as the exchange, because I think Taylor is a very good premier keeper and then we could use the cash on an overall squad strengthen, not least of all goals.

But if it happens then there''ll be mass murder at carrow road, you don''t sell england''s best.

I don''t think the day will ever come when NCFC can turn down £6m+ for any player, that sort of money could buy us some quality players.  The days of us selling our best players are not long gone, we just have not had anyone since Bellamy that other clubs really wanted to buy.

NW said the other day the Greeno is ambitious, that means at some point he will want to play European football, just like Rooney.  Being totally honest thats not going to happen at NCFC and if he had been putting in the type of performances at Man U as he has for us the last 2 seasons, he would have 10+ caps for England right now.

I don''t believe we gave him a longer contract to keep him here longer, we did it to get more money if someone wants to buy him and if they do he will leave, simple as that.

Sad though it is, not only is this inevitable but it may happen sooner than we might think. I still wonder why we aquired a second and third international keeper if it wasn''t because the loss of one of the three is on the cards in the not too distant future. And if he keeps playing like he is, it''ll only speed up the process. And as someone says, NCFC are unlikely to turn down 6 million for anyone.

It has to be the Arse nal - they have sometimes looked a bit dodgy in defence against the very best (in Europe) but with Campbell settling down, Cole stepping up a few notches and the emergence of Toure and Clichy, their only weak link remains their keeper. He''s got one year left there at the very best. Our only hope of holding on to Greeno beyond this season is if Wenger is unsure about throwing him in in the heat of a Champions league match and opt for experience again as he did with Lehman.  He doens''t seem to fancy Graham (Hay) Stacks much.

We have three keepers because you need them at this level. It just so happens that both of them have played for their country but aren''t first choice. Gallagher came here as competition and also down to the fact that we could offer him a lot more money than Dundee. Ward was going to be on the bench at a Div 1 club, now he''s on the bench at a prem club.

Why does there have to be a hidden agenda

I personally can''t see greeno leaving norwich this season and not next season, if norwich stay up. he progressing at a very good rate here;

a, He''s playing regular first team premiership football

b,He''s been at norwich for how many years?

c, He''s getting the international recognition he wants (and deserves)

I feel depending on how we are doing next season (only if it''s premiership) he will be here for that and then once he''s an established premiership international football his next goal would be european football and that would be why he would leave.

If he goes too soon he may struggle to hold down a first team place (i.e Kirkland) at say arsenal, Liverpool, lose confidence and just disappear ( where is richard wright at the moment ) all this goes out the window i suppose, if arsenal offer big money for him.

I personally believe he should stay here for this season at the very least and then think about a move if he wants to, we couldn''t blame him could we.

I agree with you there shardy. Greeno is a big fish in small pond here and he will play every week as long as he in fit.

Without a doubt he will go as soon as we are relegated. In his position I would want prem football week in week out from now on. It is the only way he can keep in Svens eye. At his age he is still dreaming of trophys and euro foootball and should a move to a club offering these come he along we will not be able to stop him.

However I do think that if we survive the prem this season there is a strong possibility he could stay another year. Again he would get that regular exposure which, moving too soon, he may not get elsewhere. Wright and Kirkland are hardly glowing examples of what happens to keepers moving on before they are ready. I think Greeno is better than either of them. However he will be off and probably gooner rather than later so I intend to enjoy him while I can.

As far as the post title is concerned I am sure any cash in will be spent wisely between debt management and squad improvement...

OTBC

As sad as it would be to lose greeno, he aint gonna wanne stick around too long if we keep finishing 16th or 17th.  Surely with the potential he has, one day soon he''s gonna wanna play champions league, or euro football and international. 

Yes he is progressing well, but the rest of the club will have to keep up with him for him to stay.  £6 million would be good business.  We are not financially stable enough to reject that sort of money. 

Would like to see us buy some prem experience with the 6 mil.  A good defender and striker would be a must, as once again having signed 8 players this summer, the 1st team squad is down to bout 23 players, including 3 keepers.

He''ll stay this season, but leave if we''re relegated.

OTBC