Sign in to follow this  
Mook

OUR manager of the month

I am a little surprised at the lack of "Well done Nigel" posts on this board, especially as he''s just brought a manager of the month award back to Norwich for the first time in a long while. So I thought I''d say it myself - well done Nige, congratulations on your award, and well done for getting the team a form record (home and away) to be proud of.

People seem to believe that when we play well it''s the players making it happen, and when we play badly it''s all Nigel''s fault. So I just thought I''d say well done to him.

Aside to that, who thinks we should try and keep Crouch and Harper too? I certainly do if we can.

Well said - I fully support all that you say. Certain people are very quick to have a go when things are not going too well and Nigel certainly deserves much of the credit for the way things are going at the moment, long may it continue.

As for Peter and Darren- I would love to see them both at Carrow Road on a permanent basis - I do hope that money can be found to keep them and also Mr Harper.

Good post Mook, NW has proven that with funds he can do well, he must have been bricking it after spending all that cash on ''The 3'' but his gamble has paid off. Thats what you get for bringing in quality, not just a player (e.g. Hammond). I would say that Hucks and Harper are the most important players of the three but in Div 1 you are always going to need a big lad up front to give the whippet some space so I don''t really know. Someone else has mentioned Chadwick of Everton and maybe he would not be so costly as Crouchy. One thing is for sure, now that we have seen how close we are to having the ''right'' team, it would be madness to take a step back.

I really do wonder how Nige would respond to the Board not signing these players, if ever there is a ''prove where the football club is destined to be under this board'' moment, this is it. I for one no exactly what I would love to see. In the past I have gone to Carrow Road always thinking "well its next year, thats when it will happen" or "our time is coming" and that has kept my spirits high. How the board reacts to this phase in NCFC''s transition from also rans to challengers will be an education.

It''s true NW has proven he can be a ''good manager'' not just with his recent signings but has also proved that at half time if the team aren''t playing well, he can change things around and make them come out a better team, all signs of a good manager.

Mind you, if he wants to progress to the next level and be known as a ''very good manager'' he needs to get those tactics right as soon as they kick off.

If he wants to be known as an ''excellent manager'' he''ll do all the above and win promotion with or without Huckerby.

Like a lot of people Ive had my doubts about NW,at the moment he is definitely in the ''good catergory'' and deserves the credit for that

and considering where we were a few years back with that dreadful run of managerial changes, it has been nice to see Nigel steady the ship and gradually improve what we have got. Remember that most of our years in division one have been mediocre bottom half of the table finishes. Now we are only one or two players away from something great.

Credit to Nigel and the club as I have said before, though there are still a few gripes to be sorted.

Yeah, It is great for Nigel Worthington make manager of the month in Best September.

I felt that he would make other manager of the month in November. Because that have 4 home and one away, That would mean he would eyed 6 won. Like:

Walsall 0 - 3 Norwich (Huckerby 3)

Norwich 3 - 1 Millwall (McVeigh, Huckerby, Rivers)

Norwich 5 - 0 poor Watford (Huckerby 2, Crouch, Robert, Brennan)

Preston 0 - 2 Norwich (Huckerby, McVeigh)

Norwich 3 - 1 Coventry (Fleming, Huckerby, Mackay)

Norwich 3 - 0 Crewe (Edworthy, Harper, Crouch)

4 Clean sheets in a month us???? I have never known us to be prolific in front of goal. Even when we finished 3rd in the prem we had a close to negative goal difference!!!

It''s more like 6 2-1 wins!!

I thought we DID actually end up with a negative goal difference - we won by the odd goal, and lost by the odd 5. Anyone got the official stats?

I am pretty sure that we finished on -3 for the season - as you said tacklebury we won games by the odd goal or two but tended to really get stuffed when we lost.

We remain in the history books as the highest finishing team at the end of the season with a negative goal difference - one of several odd records we hold - along with most draws in a season.

OTBC