Sign in to follow this  
Lennon7

Brian Gunn, still a legend?? Yes / No

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="riverender"]yes he is and always will be - seems we have many people on here who have never made a mistake in their life ! ! !
[/quote]

In life you should accept that some jobs are outside your capabilities.

I am not up to being a brain surgeon, thus i would not accept the position of being a surgeon at the NNUH. if I was offered it! 

[/quote]

What a completely bollocks annology. Many ex players have taken mangers jobs and done well with no previsous experience. It didnt work out but with hindsight we could all say that.

Yes! Gunny remains a legend and always will do.  And, if the new man takes us up with the players Gunn bought this Summer, we may all look back on his tenure as manager a little differently too. 

yes, but i doubt we will forget his tenure quickly if we are still stuck in this league come next season

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="riverender"]yes he is and always will be - seems we have many people on here who have never made a mistake in their life ! ! !
[/quote]

In life you should accept that some jobs are outside your capabilities.

I am not up to being a brain surgeon, thus i would not accept the position of being a surgeon at the NNUH. if I was offered it! 

[/quote]

What a completely bollocks annology. Many ex players have taken mangers jobs and done well with no previsous experience. It didnt work out but with hindsight we could all say that.

[/quote]

I have no experience as a brain surgeon but I am willing to make an exception and work on your brain if you wish!

He will always be a legend, I''m sure anybody that has read his book will agree.He is one of life''s good guys, probably too nice to be a manager I would imagine.I''m sure he is absolutely gutted tonight because I''m sure he saw things panning out very differently when he was given the chance.HE''S GOT NO HAIR BUT WE DON''T CARE, BRYAN, BRYAN GUNN!!!!

[quote user="Kidderminster Canary"]

Yws Yes Yes, more a legend than our board will ever be.

So much for Delia giving him a hug after last weeks game, she had the knife ready to stab.

[/quote]Oh come one, I think it''s pretty clear that this is McNally''s doing and I think most people on here seem to be coming to the conclusion that McNally having the balls to do this early on is a good thing, if a bit strange.Do you blame Delia if you stub your toe against the sofa in your living room as well?

Not the best manager we''ve ever had, but he''ll always be a legend for his tireless service to the club. A true Canary. Can''t help but feel this was a move to take some flak away from Delia. The sooner she goes the better.

A legend who has been betrayed by Smith and that is unforgivable.

She appointed him as a PR exercise to get her out of the hole that was roeder & grant despite the fact he had no experience or qualifcations to be a football manager.  Then at the end of last season when he had proved he wasnt a football manager by getting us relegated she offered him a permanent position. Talk about setting the guy up for a fall!

With friends like that who needs enemies?

Yeah it was pretty crud TFA, you HAVE to be qualified to do surgery, you don''t to be a manager.

How would someone make a determination prior to doing a job that they would be good at it, especially if it didn''t require qualifications?

Yes, of course he is.

There''s nothing wrong with stretching oneself and trying and then failing. The sin is in not trying.

I wished he and his team good luck in the job - just as I did Grant & Roeder and all those before. Sadly it wasn''t to be for these last three, but that''s life - we can''t all win all the time.

Yes Bryan Gunn, you''ll always be a Norwich hero.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Yes, of course he is.

There''s nothing wrong with stretching oneself and trying and then failing. The sin is in not trying.

I wished he and his team good luck in the job - just as I did Grant & Roeder and all those before. Sadly it wasn''t to be for these last three, but that''s life - we can''t all win all the time.

Yes Bryan Gunn, you''ll always be a Norwich hero.

OTBC

[/quote]

Is it possible that I agree with every word of one of your posts Bly?

You bet it is[:O]

As Tangie would say........

WELL SAID! [Y]

YES YES YES YES! Though, unfortunately his managerial stats didn''t look so good. Though I stand by my opinion that given time he would have gotten us into at least the playoffs this year. Whether or not he would have taken us any further, I have no idea!

Very much a playing legend. I''m not going to let this tarnish some of the best years the club has ever seen.

Not for me. Would have been had he have stepped down either after getting us relegated - or after the 7-1 defeat. But he didn''t.

Therefore it''s a no from me.

The mention of his name in my head brings back memories of his days as a player, nodding the goalpost as he ran towards the barclays etc.

I hold roeder responsible for our relegation, and i think the 7-1 was just a blip.. I truly beleive Gunny''s brought some great players to the club, even if he''s not at the helm we may owe it to him if the current batch gain us promotion.

YES :)

Gunny was a hero of mine when he played here, and always will be. Goalkeeper in our best ever side, that''s without debate.

While his management tenure wasn''t successful, he always conducted himself with dignity and honesty, and that''s to be applauded.

He''ll always be a legend to me. The club was a mess when he took over; this was not his doing. He did everything in his capabilites as manager to turn things around, but unfortunately his capabilities didn''t extend to saving us from relegation. The players are 90% for Saturday''s farce, it''s unfair to pin that squarely on Gunn.

It''s never been in doubt that Gunn loves Norwich City FC. It''s easy to sit here and say "if he loved the club he''d have stepped down" but he was big enough to take the challenge on, something few, if any others would have done in the circumstances. It''s now down to the players to prove that they want to play for the shirt, the club and the fans. Gunn said all the right things in his recruitment drive, those players who ticked his boxes now need to show that desire to win us over. Because they sure as hell haven''t won me over yet.

YES.

I''ve chopped him down on here often enough, made it clear that I don''t think he''s a manager. But I''ve always said he was a legend as a player, and always will be I reckon.

100% yes

He wasnt up to the bosses job, but no one could doubt his heart or his performances as a player

Im sorry it happened this way, but this was the right decision and needed to happen and should have happened pre season.  But Gunny will always be a Norwich legend.