Sign in to follow this  
Lennon7

Brian Gunn, still a legend?? Yes / No

Of course he is, but a terrible manager who will always be remembered for the 7-1 mauling and getting us relegated.

A legend from his playing days, but a completely inept manager.

We love you gunnyyyy we do, we love you gunnyyyy we do, Oh gunnyyy we love you........

Yes - Gunn is not to blame for any of this mess. Any one of us would have taken the managers job if offered it. Any one that says otherwise is deluding themselves or has self-control beyond belief to not take such a great job, with great salary and the chance of glory.

Hurts me to say it, and others will surely dispute it, but i don''t feel what he did here as manager could possibly be excused. Blame it on the board if you want, but he brought about some serious embarassment and shame to the club and fans -NO.

A former legend now unfortunately tarnished forever.  Blame Delia for appointing BG this summer.

Yes!

Sadly forver tarnished by a TERRIBLE spell in charge. I will try to remember him as a superb keeper, running up to the Barclay at every home game almost heading the bar and missing by millimetres.

For me no.  Should never have put his hat in the ring in the first place. 

Gunny always will be a club legend no matter what has happened during his short tenure as manager.  Anyone who doesn''t think so obviously wasn''t around for the duration of his playing career.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Of course he is, but a terrible manager who will always be remembered for the 7-1 mauling and getting us relegated. A legend from his playing days, but a completely inept manager.[/quote]

Sums it up for me!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just wanted to make my point.

I think anyone suggesting no should have a good look at themselves...........

Bryan Gunn may not have been a great manager but the guy 100% cared about the club and gave it all he had.

If we go on to have success with the group of players Bryan brought in I think history may judge him less harshly....

[quote user="riverender"]yes he is and always will be - seems we have many people on here who have never made a mistake in their life ! ! !
[/quote]

In life you should accept that some jobs are outside your capabilities.

I am not up to being a brain surgeon, thus i would not accept the position of being a surgeon at the NNUH. if I was offered it! 

[quote user="pete"]A former legend now unfortunately tarnished forever.  Blame Delia for appointing BG this summer.[/quote]

I lay the blame on Theoshittus, Semmy, Doc and Nelson last Saturday - if they hadn''t played so 5hit Gunn would still be around

[quote user="USAcanary"]

I think anyone suggesting no should have a good look at themselves...........

Bryan Gunn may not have been a great manager but the guy 100% cared about the club and gave it all he had.

If we go on to have success with the group of players Bryan brought in I think history may judge him less harshly....

[/quote]Ones passion and love for our club can''t excuse one for the harm they have inflicted upon our club.That''s how i see it. Gunn has done some serious long term damage, despite the boards fault for allowing him continued control at the club.Gunn has a great history for us as a player, but the damage he did as a manager was astronomic as far as the fans should be concerned. And when accounting for that damage i can''t consider him a legend, despite all the talent and passion that he displayed brilliantly for us as a player.He''s gone, and now we are left to deal with the rubble he left behind.He''s no longer a legend in my eyes, i can''t bring myself to consider him so highly again.A great person though...

Will always be a hero and legend to me, was the club''s fault to even offer him the job in the first place.

He takes some of the blame for our position but most must go to the people who offered him his dream job without being sure whether he was capable of managing the side, or ever contemplating what failure and the subsequent sacking would do to Bryan Gunn himself.