Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Perhaps one of the most concerning problems now is...

We have 12 players who are now contracted to Norwich City. These players were expecting a successful season (promotion probably) and would therefore be expecting Gunn to remain their manager. They signed for the club in thinking that Gunn would be their manager. I think, if players now want out, or the new manager wants players gone - we simply cannot afford to pay of contracts, because most of them have 2/3 years on them! Hopefully the next manager is good in man-management...or we may have a bit of a crisis.Will players like Hoolahan now want out too? Who knows.

Surely if we, the fans, could see that Gunn was tactically inept, and not able to take the club on then the newly signed players would be able to as well?I can see that he would appear to be a fantastic bloke and the kind that you would want to sign for, but surely once here it would have been apparent? If a good appointment is made I''m sure the vast majority of players will be fine.

They are professionals and it''s part amd parcel of football. The manager you sign for may well not be the manager you continue to play for. The players will get on with it as it''s in their own interests to do so. Unless you''re Matty Patty of course.

[quote user="hogesar"]We have 12 players who are now contracted to Norwich City. These players were expecting a successful season (promotion probably) and would therefore be expecting Gunn to remain their manager. They signed for the club in thinking that Gunn would be their manager. I think, if players now want out, or the new manager wants players gone - we simply cannot afford to pay of contracts, because most of them have 2/3 years on them! Hopefully the next manager is good in man-management...or we may have a bit of a crisis.

Will players like Hoolahan now want out too? Who knows.
[/quote]

A crazy sad day for our club which fully emphasises what a joke our board are!

Why give Gunn the pre season and 2 games this season when he has signed a virtually new squad?

Why sack him one day before an important League game where the players will probably be sidetracked away from the job of winning 3 pts?

Surely a new manager will not rate all or even some of Gunnys signings and will want to get rid and sign his own players?

This coming from a club that is supposedly hard up!

Delia and CO need to go but then again I''ve been saying that for more than a year now. Apreciate the financial boost they gave to the club but their old hat now and not positive for the club!