Sign in to follow this  
NavMan

Zema Abbey

Its tough on Zema I know but at the end of the day the club has got to look after itself and if they cannot see a future for Zema here then it is best for all concerned if he can find somewhere.  Personally I dont think his knees could stand up to the Premiership and the club although sounding heartless will save on wages which could go to Worthys transfer pot.

Would like to take this opportunity to wish Zema all the best for his future and may his playing days be far from over.

This is sad news but somehow inevitable, I''m afraid.  I met Zema just before Christmas last year signing for hundreds of people at a store''s preview evening.  He was trying so hard to be cheerful but I thought then that his agony was written all over his face. 

Having had such bad luck it doesn''t seem enough to simply wish him good luck for the future but what else can we do...other than show our support if the club decides to give him a benefit match at some time perhaps?  Just a thought.

I think so too,good luck in finding a new club zema, I think if it hadn''t been for his injuries zema could have been just what we need.

very sad for him... he has showed amazing character and strength in battling back, I personally think that it would have been better keeping him on until January in case of injuries, better to have an out right striker sitting there in case of need be.. and who knows he may have raised himself that bit more given that chance..

Good luck Zema..you deserve a chance somewhere mate...

At the risk of being branded too "emotional" again by a certain poster, may I add my sympathetic farewell to Zema, I thought the last few matches he played before his second injury were the best he had had for us and showed promise of a classy player.

Good luck Zema !

Sad to see him go but the way the club has handled Zema with that extra three months make me even prouder to be a yella.

Good luck Zema - please stay fit, bag a contract and start scoring again.

OTBC

[quote]This is sad news but somehow inevitable, I''m afraid. I met Zema just before Christmas last year signing for hundreds of people at a store''s preview evening. He was trying so hard to be cheerful but ...[/quote]

agreed susie

talking benefit matches, what about notman''s - is this going to be conveniently forgotten now?

or dare i say the truth, he isn''t as important as the england U19s?  Answers please, suited ones ..........

alex, i was looking forward to your benefit match, i hope the club give you another date and stick to it

Sad to see him leave, but he was never gonna get an extended contract.  Hope he finds a new club soon, surely boston will offer him a contract.

Doubt there would be a match as his career is not over, just had an unlucky spell for us.

All the best zema

ZEMA ABBEY, ZEMA ABBEY, ZEMA ABBEY, ZEMA ABBEY, DOO DO DO, DOO DO DO, DOO DO DO.......

I always thought he was lazy.

Still I wish him all the best and it''s a shame he never really got the opportunity to prove me wrong. Thats football

In regards to the post about Notman''s match, as soon as he announced his retirement I thought a match against Man Utd would be on the cards. For all of the many reasons to dislike them, Man Utd always seem to be very good at supporting testimonial/benefit causes, and it wouldn''t surprise me in the least if Ferguson himself would be keen to help out the little Scottish lad who learned his trade there. I thought that gaining Prem staus might rule it out, as my initial thought was to do it in pre-season, and you wouldn''t normally play a side from your own league in pre-season. But perhaps something can be worked out as even a Man Utd eleven with 5-6 "name" players would probably draw a much bigger crowd than an ex-Ippo team (although fair play to them for wanting to be involved). Having a load of kids supporting Man Utd would be annoying (like at Bryan Gunn''s testimonial- I can remember the shreiks which went up every time Cantona got the ball- although I was booing myself after what he did to Polston!), but it''s about raising some money for Notman, so for one night only I would be glad if a load of glory hunters came through the turnstiles to bump up the crowd.