Sign in to follow this  
kevin473

Bryan Gunn Sacking

I think that this has been an awful decision by the Board and , unfortunately, it appears that they have listened to the "supporters" instead of getting on with letting him do the job - so what his first match this season was a 7-1 home defeat, amends weere made with a 4-0 win at Yeovil from the same division, all teams will have a blip so he should have been given at least until the end of September to prove himself  or otherwise. I think this knee-jerk reaction to the defeat is absolutely horrendous. I am  so sad.

[quote user="kevin473"]I think that this has been an awful decision by the Board and , unfortunately, it appears that they have listened to the "supporters" instead of getting on with letting him do the job - so what his first match this season was a 7-1 home defeat, amends weere made with a 4-0 win at Yeovil from the same division, all teams will have a blip so he should have been given at least until the end of September to prove himself  or otherwise. I think this knee-jerk reaction to the defeat is absolutely horrendous. I am  so sad.[/quote]Get a grip!

Clearly it''s not a knee jerk reaction to one defeat, or he would have been sacked on the spot on saturday (like he should have been). The fact that''s it''s only just happened means that IF the sacking is based largely on Saturday''s result, then it has been carefully considered and thought out given that time that has elapsed since then.Onwards and upwards.

Get a grip on what? your unreasoning comments as per other sites or just a dig at everybody connected with the club

[quote user="kevin473"]I think that this has been an awful decision by the Board and , unfortunately, it appears that they have listened to the "supporters" instead of getting on with letting him do the job - so what his first match this season was a 7-1 home defeat, amends weere made with a 4-0 win at Yeovil from the same division, all teams will have a blip so he should have been given at least until the end of September to prove himself  or otherwise. I think this knee-jerk reaction to the defeat is absolutely horrendous. I am  so sad.[/quote]

Oh for god sake. Gunn was absolutely useless. It''s an excellent bit of news so stop moaning.

As Bryan has now gone, the king is dead long live the king, let us hope that the "board will now make a successful signing in the shape of a good manager

[quote user="in the real world canary"]We are now being run by 2 morons running on the pitch and 100 noisy minority after the game lager louts[/quote]

Hopefully we have someone who can influence the Board who  actually knows something about football. Presumably you would prefer to continue the downward spiral?

Well maybe there will be a statement explaining the reasons behind the sudden sacking.......

Because thats exactly how this board operates very open, keeping the paying fans in the know about whats happening at the club

We are really in the dark with what actually happened, the timing of it is very odd to say the least.  Whilst I do feel for the guy after over 20 years of working for the club, he was no manager really, and the board were wrong in offering him the job in the first place.

And why people keep on insisting it was 1 game, it was 20 games.  And his ratio of wins wasn''t impressive.

I totally agree with the sacking of gunny because i dont think he is the man to take us to promotion but i think it is a bad decision by the board to sack him at this moment in time. I know we lost 7-1 1st game against top of leaguer colechester but then we beat 2nd in the league yeovil.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

We are really in the dark with what actually happened, the timing of it is very odd to say the least.  Whilst I do feel for the guy after over 20 years of working for the club, he was no manager really, and the board were wrong in offering him the job in the first place.

And why people keep on insisting it was 1 game, it was 20 games.  And his ratio of wins wasn''t impressive.

[/quote]

Spot on mate, and sadly, I feel no grief for Gunn, the club is bigger than any one individual..............Legend or not!

I was stunned by this as its just not been the Norwich way to take such drastic action so quickly. However I think most knew in our hearts that this had been an emotional appointment, we wanted it to work but he had no experience and it was a gamble when we need to get out of this division quickly and move on. Gunn cannot be blamed for the relegation and although he presided over the 1-7 will still have his reputation as a playing legend and favourite largely intact.

The most positive thing must be that Mcnally seems not to be a lapdog, a bit of ruthlessnesses will not be a bad thing. The man comes across as someone who will not settle for second rate so I hope and expect him to get in a decent replacement. I reckon they saw some things behimd the scenes which we are not privy to, but that''s pure speculation.

I''m sorry that I don''t agree with you. The games in the Championship before the relegation is one thing , perhaps BG shouldn''t have been given the permanent job but as he was,  the sacking therefore comes as a consequence of  a bad home defeat and a good away win. ¿Que Pasa?

His win ratio in competitive games was 28% according to SSN. However that doesn''t include the preseason friendlies when we went unbeaten - obviously not everyone would want them included.

What gets me is why let him build a team and then sack him? Two games and forgetting the score, one win and one loss.

I cannot see how this decision was thought through properly - Why hold onto a manager through relegation, let him assemble his own team only to sack him after two games? If BG was sacked immediately after the 7-1 defeat you could kind of understand it, but he wasn`t, the next game was won 4-0, so obviously you sack the manager on the eve of a game that he has been preparing the players for. There is more to this than meets the eye......

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="kevin473"]I think that this has been an awful decision by the Board and , unfortunately, it appears that they have listened to the "supporters" instead of getting on with letting him do the job - so what his first match this season was a 7-1 home defeat, amends weere made with a 4-0 win at Yeovil from the same division, all teams will have a blip so he should have been given at least until the end of September to prove himself  or otherwise. I think this knee-jerk reaction to the defeat is absolutely horrendous. I am  so sad.[/quote]

Oh for god sake. Gunn was absolutely useless. It''s an excellent bit of news so stop moaning.

[/quote]

The thing that people are saying Shaun is that, yes, Gunn was not a popular choice. In my opinion he never should have got the job in the first place, and after Saturdays result he should have been sacked....but to let him carry on, get a good result against a difficult team and pull the players together.....only to be sacked a DAY before our next important league game is pretty shambolic!!!! They had the meeting on Saturday....he should have walked then........why wait alll week when the whole squad is together in Devon? its going to cause a rift in the squad you wait......he didn''t deserve that.

sorry if im stating obvious

but first game as manager 4-0

last game as manager 4-0, bit weird the descision at this time in season but im hoping now we get a great manager that will 100% get us promotion and i hope we get Steve Coppell

imo the 7-1 wasnt the reason... last season was the reason.

Gunny came in and did his best, with a lot of dignity, at the end of last season - but 1 out of 6 isnt good enough.  A decision has been taken now that should have been taken months ago.

[quote user="Ruckle"]

sorry if im stating obvious

but first game as manager 4-0

last game as manager 4-0, bit weird the descision at this time in season but im hoping now we get a great manager that will 100% get us promotion and i hope we get Steve Coppell

[/quote]

That is wierd. The crazy world of ncfc. They board had to accept that they had made yet another huge mistake and thankfully it looks like McNally has done something early before we suffer another slow death of an inept managerial reign. Basically, 4-0 at Yeovil matters not in the scheme of things, it is points that matter now. Gunny said in his Yeovil post match comments ''the season starts now''. That would''ve been the final straw - the season started at home to Colchester where he sent out the worst prepared team in Norwich history, like lambs to the slaughter. You could not be sure it wouldn''t happen again in the next home league game under pressure.  Gunny always a legend for me though but it wasn''t to be in management.

Although Gunny is a Norwich legend I am glad that he has been sacked.

He was brought in to try and save us from relegation which was, in my mind a terrible decision as he had no managerial experience at all and obviously no managerial skills. The board were ridiculous not to have sacked him in the summer as they knew that Gunn was not a good manager. I was at the 7-1 defeat and it was a complete nightmare, if we kept Gunn we could of been expecting more defeats like that!! Obviously it''s weird that he wasn''t sacked straight after the 7-1 defeat but The board wouldn''t of sacked him not after things were looking up if they didn''t have anybody signed up. Let''s just hope this time they make a decent decision.