Sign in to follow this  
TheGoogler

Norwich City fans: Loyal but ridiculously fickle

Not in the slightest bit surprised by today''s news - any manager with a win ratio of just 28.57% can hardly complain about losing their job at any stage of any season - but I am surprised and somewhat appauled by the holier-than-thou approach some fans are taking.Gunn was "a nice man" and "should not have been treated as he was". Rubbish! Gunn was appointed to get results and as already shown, he failed. The 7-1 drubbing followed by 45 minutes of very poor football at Yeovil was, for me, synpomatic of a manager incapable of doing the job he was appointed to do. Gunn "should have been given more time". He''s had since last January - including two transfer windows! It''s "the wrong time to make this decision". When is the right time? In the summer? Well, then we''d have lost precious time and potentially transfer targets while we fannied around appointing firstly a new board then the manager. No, considering the sizeable task of the rebuilding job required, the board would have been damned for sacking at any time. Gunn "should not be sacked the day before a match". I''m sorry, how much do these guys get paid? If my boss was sacked, I''d still maintain the professional job I do on a daily basis. Footballers are no different. Provided there''s time for a replacement/caretaker to be in place to take over, I don''t see a relevance in when the manager is given the heave ho.No, this is in fact clearly our board being decisive for once and acting proactively rather than reactively. Gunn could have been given more time - but would he have proven himself more capable than has been shown in the last eight months? Doubt it myself. Very much so. The board have done the right thing and fans complaining that they haven''t were obviously not in attendance for the Colchester match, or Charlton last year or Ipswich away or any of the other matches we went down without so much as a whimper. Well done to the board for doing the right thing [Y]

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Excuse the poor spelling of the word "symptomatic"
[/quote]not a prob with the spelling...just be careful the spelling POLICE will be after you lol...yes we are Fickle and imo we have the right to be after all these years of crap that has been served up....as you have stated we have stayed loyal to the club even through this $hite...we do deserve better but while Deliar is in charge we will go nowhere fast

Got to say that I think the post is a little bit mis-leading, the majority of that 28.57% was with a team that he inherited, a team that didn''t want to be here, and a team that under any manager would of struggled to hit that 30% win mark. So lets be a little fairer and a little less short sighted. He has a 50% record with ''his'' team, he was given the reigns by this board, and they have whipped them away after one bad performance, do you realise how completely ridiculous that is? of course the timing was horrible because of the short amount of time he was given after he was given there full confidence to lead the team. Do you see how weak this makes us appear, '' we have complete confidence that he is the right man to lead us forward'', undefeated pre-season and 2 games later, one win one loss, "We feel like we need to go in a new direction".....come on, I know that some people didn''t want Gunn in as the manager, but that post while your welcome to your opinion, like everyone and anyone is, is completely misleading and doesn''t look at the big picture at all.

If you are in favor of this firing at this time, then I think that makes YOU the fickle one.

Firing Gunn now is just stupid.  They could have let him got at the end of last season if they thought his ability was lacking.  They could have fired him after the Saturday debacle, but nobody sensible really thought that was what the team had become.  I mean, this was a record breaking loss, not just another in a long line of bad games.  It was obviously a one-off freak.  Tuesday seemed to prove that.

But if they were going to fire him, why wait until after we won 4-0 on the road?  The manner in which this has been handled is just one more example of how poorly the club is being operated. 

The firing of Gunn now is a reflection of the club, not of him.  That reflection is not a good one.

[quote user="GoldenNugget"]Got to say that I think the post is a little bit mis-leading, the majority of that 28.57% was with a team that he inherited, a team that didn''t want to be here, and a team that under any manager would of struggled to hit that 30% win mark. So lets be a little fairer and a little less short sighted. He has a 50% record with ''his'' team, he was given the reigns by this board, and they have whipped them away after one bad performance, do you realise how completely ridiculous that is? of course the timing was horrible because of the short amount of time he was given after he was given there full confidence to lead the team. Do you see how weak this makes us appear, '' we have complete confidence that he is the right man to lead us forward'', undefeated pre-season and 2 games later, one win one loss, "We feel like we need to go in a new direction".....come on, I know that some people didn''t want Gunn in as the manager, but that post while your welcome to your opinion, like everyone and anyone is, is completely misleading and doesn''t look at the big picture at all. [/quote]

Come on now Nugget! Its about time that you and many others on here remember that Gunn was Head of Player Recruitment before becoming manager last season therefore many of the team that were relegated were signed on his recommendation..

For the record,I personally believe it was the right decision to sack Gunn. He should never have been given the job in the first place.

And there''s the rub. The whole appointment,persistance,nature/timing of the sacking of Gunn,is a microcosm of the farcical way that Norwich City has been run for the past 5 yrs. Whoever gets the job will be City''s FIFTH manager in less than 150 weeks. It is a complet and utter disgrace,and absolutely NOTHING will improve until Delia and her entourage exit Carrow Rd.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Forget why,how and when - the fact is that it''s the RIGHT decision, that after all is the only important issue!

[/quote]Indeed.  Given his appalling record, should we have waited eight games and been eighteenth in the league before doing it?  The worst managerial stats I''ve seen at our club, even worse than Hamilton''s.  Cheerio.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Forget why,how and when - the fact is that it''s the RIGHT decision, that after all is the only important issue!

[/quote]Indeed.  Given his appalling record, should we have waited eight games and been eighteenth in the league before doing it?  The worst managerial stats I''ve seen at our club, even worse than Hamilton''s.  Cheerio.

[/quote]

and well never know if we wouldve been in 18th place,

remember we won 4 - 0 against a team in the same league, , holt has found his striking boots and cody has linked well with holt, two players signed by gunn, alnwick also performed well a player signed by gunn on loan, and this is the first time in ages we actually have some youth in the side that is our own home grown, adeyemi will be a regular, this was gunns idea,

im not trying to defend gunn as i felt he was wrong for the job but with his own team hes buitl theyve actually with preseason included won 7 drawn 1 lost 1,

and yes gunn was head of recruitment but do you honestly think that the tosser roeder listened to him