Sign in to follow this  
Ali Dia

:)

All this sentiment.....

And yes Gunn is a legend, and a nice guy it seems, but he wouldn''t of inspired this team to promotion.

The timing is obscure, but I for one praise the board for making such a swift decision and cutting their losses on a man who ultimately would have failed what we need from him.

He should never been put in place, it was a cheap choice that Doncaster and Delia thought would keep the fans happy - and indeed it did keep many happy at first - but the same fans who sang ffor him to get the job - those that are blind to the reality that he is not a manager, and that''s why for all his years at the club, he''s never got a look in.

Again, the timing is strange, but the bottom line is our Chief Exec wanted rid early enough in the season.  It shows the power he has over Delia and co - who no doubt would have kept Gunn there until we hit the below tier of English football  There is no point in waiting ten games.  We got drubbed by a very average Colchester side, and whilst the players are at fault, Gunn showed no management skills whatsoever to change that, and sounded just as clueless after.

As for being his players - any manager has to clear signings with the board, so I very much doubt there''s a player here that our board don''t also want to be here.

This was always going to end in tears for Gunn, but I''m glad those tears come now rather than later.