Sign in to follow this  
BedsCanary

Top of the league? they're having a laugh

Good to see that their defence is as solid as last year!

An open league again and any team that gets some consistency will win it.

OTBC

[quote]Good to see that their defence is as solid as last year! An open league again and any team that gets some consistency will win it. OTBC[/quote]

Yeah - looks like the binners'' defence is still as sloppy as a soup sandwich !

Happy as the next man to see them knocked off the top, esp with some of our boys (rusty and ade) helping to do it, but i personally think, unfortunately, that they''re a good bet for a top two finish. The signing of De Vos will prove pivotal for them. If he stays fit and they can add another decent defender mid way through the season, they''re going to be up there.

Apologies for thinking it but PLEASE GOD DON''T LET US PASS IN OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS COME NEXT MAY!! I think i''d have to leave the country.

Some interesting stats here!

Ipswich conceded their 8th, 9th and 10th goals of the season last night.

They have now shipped as many as Rotherham... who are bottom.

Only two sides in the entire division have conceded more goals away from home so far this season.

Meanwhile (elsewhere).... Georges Santos scores in QPR''s 2-0 win at Crewe.

Top two finish A1? I doubt it, they''ll be lucky to finish 8th or 9th if they keep shipping as many goals as this. Another Malky double on Saturday would do very nicely as well.

[quote]Well that didn''t last long... The scum are going nowhere[/quote]

Having seen the binners game against mighty Millwall on Sky TV, snigger snigger. I''m not in the least surprised they lost at Stoke!. Why?, here are the reasons.

1. My double Helix with an inverted twist Hex!.

2. They''re not bloody good enough!.

3. My balls foretold Sunderland and West Ham as the automatic promoted teams!.              

4. BFJ is their manager!.

Says it all really.

I think it will become more interesting now to see them up against some of the apparently stronger teams in the division as, until now, they have mostly played some of the seemingly weaker sides. 

One thing they have done right so far is begin to build a good home record, which we know is essential.  However, although I haven''t yet seen what was described as an awful mix up between Diallo and their goalie for Stoke''s third goal, it does seem as if that department might be their achilles heel yet again.  As for their title or promotion credentials, there are still eight or so months to go so it''s way too soon to say.  One thing''s for sure: it will not be easy for them to go top and stay there for 141 days consecutively like we did.  I think we might be safe to assume that they will not emulate that one!

why o why are you all knocking the town..I have a great amount of sympathy for them

but hell aren''t I a liar too

I too think that Tahn will probably be in at least the play offs come the end of the season in what is a wide open championship - no team really inspires confidence and many teams at the top are unlikely to stick with that level of performance all season.

What Ipswich can do is score goals and that will bring them points - hence my disappointingly optomistic prediction for their season.

Still superb to see Ady tuck away that defensive howler though!

OTBC

An Ipswich supporter regaled me today with "...your lot must be strong, holding up all the others.." You know, highly original and all that. Well what you expect ?

I would be more delighted with our finish being 17th in the Premier than they would be with their finish in the chumpianship wherever it was ! (probably 17th as well).

If you look at table you will find the first seven teams ITFC played are in the bottom nine positions. They play their first match against a top table team and their awful defence are shown up for what they are.

I loved the comment of their sad chairman ( the one who said Ipswich were a financial role model for smaller clubs ). He now says he can not recall a club that is better run than Ipswich. If they are so well run how come they were in administration and only paid their suppliers five pence in the pound?