Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

what a knee jerk reaction!

Sacking Gunny has been a knee jerk reaction.

we lost the first game 7-1... why didnt they sack him after that? coming off the back of an excellent 4-0 win means the players will be buzzing.... they hadn''t lost faith in Gunn and brining in so many new signings judging him on 2 games is ludacrous.

The new manager isnt going to have money to spend.. if he starts shipping out the new players how much has it cost the club? this is a complete shambles of a decision from a weak board who are trying to take the heat off themselves.... they are going to appoint another clueless prat.. lets not get excited about the decision.. its going to be a yes man... (Rioch my moneys on).

Im not disagreeing that getting rid of Gunn was the wrong decision.. just the wrong time comp-letely.. the board have rushed into this and its gone belly up.

jas :)

So Jaz, if they unveil Boothroyd on Monday morning you will be blubbing about poor old gunny will you?

Unless they have something good lined up, this seems a really strange decision to me and the timing is even stranger!Does anyone know when the board met?

Brilliant move, get rid of Gunn before another season is wasted, give a new man time and a transfer window to leave us with a decent chance of promotion this season.

Im not disagreeing that getting rid of Gunn was the wrong decision..

Well in that case why wait? We could just plod along, wait for the inevitable to happen in 10-20 games (would of happened if Doncaster/Munby was still here) or we could take the iniative for once and be ruthless. Excellent decision.

I think they just wanted a bit of symmetry for the old man, 4-0 win the start, 4-0 win to finish. See they aren''t so cut-throat really.

my point is that this is a complete and bloody shambles!

why did the board give Gunn a longer contract in the summer after he took us down?

they have allowed him to sign lots of new players at a cost to the football club... the new manager may get rid of them just weeks after they have arrived at the club.. a complete waste of bloody money!

if the board were going to sack Gunn then why didnt they do it after Colchester? they should of done it on sunday or Monday.. instead they have had their thumbs up their ar*e because, quite simply, the current board doesn''t know what its doing.... as usual the board Dithered... Gunn got it right on Tuesday.. like it nor not we won 4-0 because the tactics and team selection were spot on.. those players had not lsot faith in Bryan Gunn...

the board have pulled the rug from under Gunn''s feet.. he Wasn''t the man for the job.. i wont have it said that he was.. but this just goes to show what its like at Norwich City now.. the reason Gunn was sacked was to take the heat off Delia....nothing more... he was given 2 games to get it right this season and we had a decent win...why wasn''t gunn sacked earlier in the week? why wasnt he sacked pre season?

why the hell did the board back him to the extent that they did??? the answer to all those questions is because they are clueless B****rds! Thats why!

smith Out!

i think that today shows not how weak gunn was or the board are. i think it purely show that we noe have a chief exec who takes no sh*t. doncaster and cronies kept gunn in the job when everyone could see we needed a real manager. Mcnally knows this and 1st chance has done his job.

we all love gunn and that wont change, we just need a manager.

on the bright side - our odds on going up are a bit better after 1 game. money making scheme me thinks

[quote user="ref89"]So Jaz, if they unveil Boothroyd on Monday morning you will be blubbing about poor old gunny will you?
[/quote]

yes.. because Aidy Boothroyd is an overated Joke... he took someone elses team up. then when he was allowed his own funds signed a load of crap, took them down then very nearly succeeded in taking them down again until Watford Sacked him..... why does evryone rave about Boothroyd when the blokes got the same track record as Dowie?