Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Capital Canaries.....our part in his downfall ?

At the end of my two marathon posts about the Q & A session at the Capital Canaries AGM I wrote the following :

" Most people I''ve spoken to think yesterday''s event, conducted in an orderly fashion as it was, will have gone a little way at least in making an impression on the Board of Directors of NCFC. Delia, Michael and David will have gone away in the full knowledge that if they find unrest at a moderate supporter''s group like ours then time really is running out for them to get it right...... "

True, none of us know when the Board made the decision to sack Bryan Gunn. The truth of what went on regarding that decision may or may not come out over the next few days,but, on the strength of last Saturday''s horror show it may well have been made before Delia, Michael and David arrived in London. If it was, they certainly fooled all of us at the meeting into thinking he had time, if only a little time, to demonstrate that he''d put last season''s disaster behind him.

We often say on here that the Norwich City Board seems to pay no attention whatever to what the fans say. I don''t think that is true. On here a while back whilst the rebate issue was a big topic one poster suggested that any money not claimed should be matched pound-for-pound by the Board. That''s exactly what happened. Co-incidence ? Maybe but there''s a good chance that the Michael Foulger pledge came about by what someone had written on here.

Likewise I''m sure that supporters groups do have an influence too. An example of that being Bryan Gunn''s appointment, which by some amazing fluke just so happened to be confirmed as NCISA were about to have their say at St Andrew''s Hall.

I''m not for one minute saying the Capital Canaries are the best or most influential set of fans but it might just be that a moderate, some might say intelligent - the jury''s still out  on that one - group of supporters holding a meeting where our feelings were made plain to the Board - in a civilized manner - did make an impact. There are plenty on here who advocate all manner of unpleasantness - short of murder - against those who''ve overseen the mess in which we now find ouselves but I''ve a feeling that a more subtle approach, as demonstrated on Monday, might well produce the changes we all desire.

"Likewise I''m sure that supporters groups do have an influence too. An example of that being Bryan Gunn''s appointment, which by some amazing fluke just so happened to be confirmed as NCISA were about to have their say at St Andrew''s Hall."

Yep, I blame NCISA for getting us in to this mess!

(only slightly tongue-in-cheek)

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

At the end of my two marathon posts about the Q & A session at the Capital Canaries AGM I wrote the following :

" Most people I''ve spoken to think yesterday''s event, conducted in an orderly fashion as it was, will have gone a little way at least in making an impression on the Board of Directors of NCFC. Delia, Michael and David will have gone away in the full knowledge that if they find unrest at a moderate supporter''s group like ours then time really is running out for them to get it right...... "

True, none of us know when the Board made the decision to sack Bryan Gunn. The truth of what went on regarding that decision may or may not come out over the next few days,but, on the strength of last Saturday''s horror show it may well have been made before Delia, Michael and David arrived in London. If it was, they certainly fooled all of us at the meeting into thinking he had time, if only a little time, to demonstrate that he''d put last season''s disaster behind him.

We often say on here that the Norwich City Board seems to pay no attention whatever to what the fans say. I don''t think that is true. On here a while back whilst the rebate issue was a big topic one poster suggested that any money not claimed should be matched pound-for-pound by the Board. That''s exactly what happened. Co-incidence ? Maybe but there''s a good chance that the Michael Foulger pledge came about by what someone had written on here.

Likewise I''m sure that supporters groups do have an influence too. An example of that being Bryan Gunn''s appointment, which by some amazing fluke just so happened to be confirmed as NCISA were about to have their say at St Andrew''s Hall.

I''m not for one minute saying the Capital Canaries are the best or most influential set of fans but it might just be that a moderate, some might say intelligent - the jury''s still out  on that one - group of supporters holding a meeting where our feelings were made plain to the Board - in a civilized manner - did make an impact. There are plenty on here who advocate all manner of unpleasantness - short of murder - against those who''ve overseen the mess in which we now find ouselves but I''ve a feeling that a more subtle approach, as demonstrated on Monday, might well produce the changes we all desire.

[/quote]

good post, I think McNally needed to be shown what we really thought. Up until then he had probably been sweet-talked by Delia. Thank goodness for Macca!

It''s sounds like they only listen to stuck up snobs then!!! no wonder our club is in such a mess!!!! being intelligent and good at english doesn''t give people a good football brain..I wish they would listen to all people not just ones with an A-Level in english!!!

"What are Smith & Jones still doing here if that is the case?"

Because someone has to buy the club off them....oh, what''s the point?

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]I think you''re giving yourself far too much credit
[/quote]

I would disagree, I know the two people personally who spoke to Delia and MWJ post Plymouth and Worthington got sacked the game after and DS & MWJ sited that as one of the reasons that influenced their decision. 

The fans who ran on the pitch on Saturday probably had more influence imo, especially since it''s not the sort of think that usually happens at Carrow Road, and it got national coverage.  The discussion on Radio Norfolk has certainly been giving it quite a bit of weight.

Well done lads.  Somehow I doubt whether they''ll be getting a ban.

It''s only my opinion wrote : 

It''s sounds like they only listen to stuck up snobs then!!! no wonder our club is in such a mess!!!! being intelligent and good at english doesn''t give people a good football brain..I wish they would listen to all people not just ones with an A-Level in english!!!

A-level in English ? I wish. A scraped pass at O-level more like ( they''re now called GCSE''s I think )

As for intelligence I did say the jury''s still out on that one..... 

I was at the Caps meeting on Monday and to me it was obvious from the answers, body language and demeanour from Delia and Michael that Gunny was, in their eyes, the man for the job. McNally however said that "football is a cut throat results business" a number of times which leads me to think that the trap-door may have already been opening for Gunny.

In my view we are punching well above our weight in Chief Exec terms, and of the two (Gunn or McNally), we could least afford to lose McNally. I''m sure McNally knows that as well. What price a him or me from him to Delia amd Michael?

I''m still staggered by the timing of it though.

[quote user="Metatron"]"Likewise I''m sure that supporters groups do have an influence too. An example of that being Bryan Gunn''s appointment, which by some amazing fluke just so happened to be confirmed as NCISA were about to have their say at St Andrew''s Hall." Yep, I blame NCISA for getting us in to this mess! (only slightly tongue-in-cheek)[/quote]

The announcement the day before the St. Andrews hall meeting related to Doncaster and Munby stepping down from MD and Chairman to director positions. Gunns reappointment was later.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Metatron"]"Likewise I''m sure that supporters groups do have an influence too. An example of that being Bryan Gunn''s appointment, which by some amazing fluke just so happened to be confirmed as NCISA were about to have their say at St Andrew''s Hall." Yep, I blame NCISA for getting us in to this mess! (only slightly tongue-in-cheek)[/quote]

The announcement the day before the St. Andrews hall meeting related to Doncaster and Munby stepping down from MD and Chairman to director positions. Gunns reappointment was later.

[/quote]

Quite correct Tangy.

Wasn''t there someone on here calling me intelligent ? Sounds like we''d best get the jury back in then......

Really?

The Scotsman 14th May:

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Norwich-opt-for-Gunn-.5265177.jp

I believe the announcement was made on the 13th - in the afternoon

Canaries.co.uk

"In May the Board appointed Gunn and his backroom team of Ian Butterworth and Ian Crook to take the Canaries into this season"

NCISA meeting at St Andrew''s Hall was 14 of May 2009

http://carrowroad.net/cnews/modules/news/article.php?storyid=542

"In case anyone misses the news NCISA have called a Emergency Public Meeting at St Andrews Hall Thursday May 14th at 7.30 doors open at 7....."

FACT!

McNally was brought in specifically to manage the footballing side of the club. After a 7-1 record home defeat he simply had to start managing. That meant the manager had to go.

Obviously a replacement was lined up before the sacking announcement was made, and it was unlucky timing for the board that we managed to thump our opponents in the meantime.

However, it was the right decision even if the timing was unfortunate.

We''ll know the new manager after Saturday''s game.

Can`t help but think that D and M were simply outvoted on this by the new board members- maybe Foulger voted with the newbies?  If so it makes for seriously interesting times at board level....

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Can`t help but think that D and M were simply outvoted on this by the new board members- maybe Foulger voted with the newbies?  If so it makes for seriously interesting times at board level....

[/quote]

Also means that the previously well spouted (by the purists) theory that Delia is a dictator is a complete load of testicles. You cant be much of a dictator if your board are going against your wishes, hugs or otherwise

I think the club DO look at what is being said in the media, fans forums and possibly even this board. Whether they have the ability to do anything about it is another matter.

[quote user="yellow hammer"]We''ll know the new manager after Saturday''s game.[/quote]

Lets hope they get it right this time then.

Bryan Gunn needed to be fired after the Colchester debacle. The details of why it took until today, while always of interest to posters on here, are irrelevant to what is in the best interest of the club. That''s what the Board is there for. Bryan Gunn had several months after he took over to think about how the future would unfold should we get relegated. He had several months to prepare his team to trot out on the pitch for the first game of the season in front of a full house and at least put in a competitive performance. To lose at home in the first game of the season would have been disappointing. To lose 7-1 was an embarrassment for everyone involved. More important than the final scoreline, however, was the fact that after going into half-time five goals down, according to most reputable observers Gunn was unable to affect a change that resulted in Norwich coming out with a dominating second half performance. This, in my opinion, was what cast the die for Mr. Gunn.  

Yeovil was a cup game in a competition that would hardly lift much enthusiasm from most clubs ( and their fans ) at a level where Norwich should be, as opposed to where we are. It is an insignificant milestone in what occurs for the rest of this season.

The club brought new people on board to make decisions that are not based upon emotion. They have done that. We are only three points away from where we want to be. The whole season is ahead of us. We must hope that the Board have already considered other factors that will allow us to move onwards and upwards.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Bryan Gunn needed to be fired after the Colchester debacle. The details of why it took until today, while always of interest to posters on here, are irrelevant to what is in the best interest of the club. That''s what the Board is there for. Bryan Gunn had several months after he took over to think about how the future would unfold should we get relegated. He had several months to prepare his team to trot out on the pitch for the first game of the season in front of a full house and at least put in a competitive performance. To lose at home in the first game of the season would have been disappointing. To lose 7-1 was an embarrassment for everyone involved. More important than the final scoreline, however, was the fact that after going into half-time five goals down, according to most reputable observers Gunn was unable to affect a change that resulted in Norwich coming out with a dominating second half performance. This, in my opinion, was what cast the die for Mr. Gunn.  

Yeovil was a cup game in a competition that would hardly lift much enthusiasm from most clubs ( and their fans ) at a level where Norwich should be, as opposed to where we are. It is an insignificant milestone in what occurs for the rest of this season.

The club brought new people on board to make decisions that are not based upon emotion. They have done that. We are only three points away from where we want to be. The whole season is ahead of us. We must hope that the Board have already considered other factors that will allow us to move onwards and upwards.

[/quote]

Mr McNally is a hard basterd certainly but just as much  full of corporate Utar Bolox as the late and unlamented Mr Doomcaster.

It is what they do, you know.

Only the words change.

I still want to know how many games the new manager has.

[:P]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

PS: And not into answering fan emails.

p

"**** that."

Quite.

[/quote]

Of course, you haven''t actually asked McNally whether he will answer fans'' emails, and you just invented his reply.

It''s all made up in your fetid imagination.

[quote user="Barclay hero"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote] Also means that the previously well spouted (by the purists) theory that Delia is a dictator is a complete load of testicles. You cant be much of a dictator if your board are going against your wishes, hugs or otherwise I think the club DO look at what is being said in the media, fans forums and possibly even this board. Whether they have the ability to do anything about it is another matter.[/quote]

I think the "dictator" allegation had something in it in that i believe the previous board were basically lackies who went along with whatever she said.  They often talked about being "united" as a board, but united isn`t always a good thing if people feel unable to speak out against ridiculous decisions.

I think what has happened is that she`s got sick of the flack and basically allowed the "enemy" (her critics) on board to see if they can do a better job.  The board is still 3 old and 3 new though, so alot depends on McNally and Foulgers thinking and allegiances.  As i said, interesting times....

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

I think the "dictator" allegation had something in it in that i believe the previous board were basically lackies who went along with whatever she said.  They often talked about being "united" as a board, but united isn`t always a good thing if people feel unable to speak out against ridiculous decisions.

I think what has happened is that she`s got sick of the flack and basically allowed the "enemy" (her critics) on board to see if they can do a better job.  The board is still 3 old and 3 new though, so alot depends on McNally and Foulgers thinking and allegiances.  As i said, interesting times....

[/quote]Happier with the new direction Mr.C ?

Yes, and i`ve said so several times blah.  I broke my boycott to go to the Colchester game and paid £27 for the privilege of watching our biggest home defeat ever! [:S]  As i posted on another thread i`m hoping that the very strange timing means McNally has a proper manager lined up already.  We`ll see...