Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Tilly Lace

Did Gunn's sacking receive much coverage in the national press?

I haven''t had a chance to go out and look through the papers yet so that''s why I''m asking this question. It wouldn''t surprise me at all though if this negative story is given maximum attention, as good news and good results at City are largely ignored by the national news media.

[quote] ...good news and good results at City are largely ignored by the national news media.[/quote]

Why wouldn''t they be? We''re a League One club. Who else gives a shot?

[quote user="Pablos pubic perm"]I haven''t had a chance to go out and look through the papers yet so that''s why I''m asking this question. It wouldn''t surprise me at all though if this negative story is given maximum attention, as good news and good results at City are largely ignored by the national news media.[/quote]It was the headline News story on the BBC website until this morning.

[quote user="Skint Eastwood"][quote] ...good news and good results at City are largely ignored by the national news media.[/quote] Why wouldn''t they be? We''re a League One club. Who else gives a shot?[/quote]

It''s no big surprise that we are ignored now, but it doesn''t explain why we were largely ignored when we had those seasons of success.

[quote]It''s no big surprise that we are ignored now, but it doesn''t explain why we were largely ignored when we had those seasons of success.[/quote]

Seasons plural? Ha! Which age are you harking back to there? The early 90s? We were live on telly in Europe then, so hardly ignored.