Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

Yet one more sad event from a sad club

I have not posted on this forum for a long time now, to be honest I couldn''t face the summer on here.  I can''t help myself from posting today though after another truly sad event from what is becoming a truly sad club.For me Gunn should never have been given the job in January nor in the summer , it was another poor appointment in a long line of poor appointments.  However I just see no logic whatsoever in sacking the bloke after one poor result and then an encouraging one.  There must be more than meets eye but frankly I don''t care, they appointed the man and now he has gone, the club has been thrown into yet more turmoil and there is yet another reason for people to laugh at City.Frankly this whole situation is entirely unacceptable,  you cannot give a manager a job, let him sign 12 players then boot him out the door.  What if the new man does not rate any of them.......  We are now getting stuck in this perputal loop of wasting money on managers and players.  Grant replaced Worthington and shipped out a lot of poor players only to be replaced Roeder who in turn oversaw the departure of many of those players had Grant brought in. Gunn replaced Roeder and we see more revolving doors as players came in and out.  What this club needs, more than anything, is continuity on the pitch.  It has been our biggest downfall in recent years without any doubt in my mind.  You can blame bad managerial appointments, lack of leadership from the board room, lack of money spent on the team and any number of problems but for me the killer has been a complete lack of team spirit created by the revolving doors at Colney.  We won the Championship on the back of a little quality and a huge team ethic.I am not sad for Gunn, he was not up to it in my opinion, I am sad that City yet again will have to go through more upheaval and we will be left behind by the clubs that have their act together.  Another sad day........................

[quote user="Saint Canary"]I have not posted on this forum for a long time now, to be honest I couldn''t face the summer on here.  I can''t help myself from posting today though after another truly sad event from what is becoming a truly sad club.For me Gunn should never have been given the job in January nor in the summer , it was another poor appointment in a long line of poor appointments.  However I just see no logic whatsoever in sacking the bloke after one poor result and then an encouraging one.  There must be more than meets eye but frankly I don''t care, they appointed the man and now he has gone, the club has been thrown into yet more turmoil and there is yet another reason for people to laugh at City.Frankly this whole situation is entirely unacceptable,  you cannot give a manager a job, let him sign 12 players then boot him out the door.  What if the new man does not rate any of them.......  We are now getting stuck in this perputal loop of wasting money on managers and players.  Grant replaced Worthington and shipped out a lot of poor players only to be replaced Roeder who in turn oversaw the departure of many of those players had Grant brought in. Gunn replaced Roeder and we see more revolving doors as players came in and out.  What this club needs, more than anything, is continuity on the pitch.  It has been our biggest downfall in recent years without any doubt in my mind.  You can blame bad managerial appointments, lack of leadership from the board room, lack of money spent on the team and any number of problems but for me the killer has been a complete lack of team spirit created by the revolving doors at Colney.  We won the Championship on the back of a little quality and a huge team ethic.I am not sad for Gunn, he was not up to it in my opinion, I am sad that City yet again will have to go through more upheaval and we will be left behind by the clubs that have their act together.  Another sad day........................

[/quote]

I couldn''t have put it better myself - in fact I probably couldn''t put it as well!

[quote user="Saint Canary"]I have not posted on this forum for a long time now, to be honest I couldn''t face the summer on here.  I can''t help myself from posting today though after another truly sad event from what is becoming a truly sad club.

Frankly this whole situation is entirely unacceptable,  you cannot give a manager a job, let him sign 12 players then boot him out the door.  What if the new man does not rate any of them.......  We are now getting stuck in this perputal loop of wasting money on managers and players.  Grant replaced Worthington and shipped out a lot of poor players only to be replaced Roeder who in turn oversaw the departure of many of those players had Grant brought in. Gunn replaced Roeder and we see more revolving doors as players came in and out. 

I am not sad for Gunn, he was not up to it in my opinion, I am sad that City yet again will have to go through more upheaval and we will be left behind by the clubs that have their act together.  Another sad day........................

[/quote]

Pretty much the way I see it Saint.

The ownwers of our club seem to have no clue how to run it. We all want immediate success but life doesn''t work that way, things have to be built upon and continuity is everything.

We stumble from one disaster to the next, when will this nightmare end?

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="Saint Canary"]I have not posted on this forum for a long time now, to be honest I couldn''t face the summer on here.  I can''t help myself from posting today though after another truly sad event from what is becoming a truly sad club.

Frankly this whole situation is entirely unacceptable,  you cannot give a manager a job, let him sign 12 players then boot him out the door.  What if the new man does not rate any of them.......  We are now getting stuck in this perputal loop of wasting money on managers and players.  Grant replaced Worthington and shipped out a lot of poor players only to be replaced Roeder who in turn oversaw the departure of many of those players had Grant brought in. Gunn replaced Roeder and we see more revolving doors as players came in and out. 

I am not sad for Gunn, he was not up to it in my opinion, I am sad that City yet again will have to go through more upheaval and we will be left behind by the clubs that have their act together.  Another sad day........................

[/quote]

Pretty much the way I see it Saint.

The ownwers of our club seem to have no clue how to run it. We all want immediate success but life doesn''t work that way, things have to be built upon and continuity is everything.

We stumble from one disaster to the next, when will this nightmare end?

[/quote]

Until the arrival of the of the ''latest CE'' the club has been run how the board wanted to see it run. Success to those at the helm (and including the recently departed Mr ''Och Aye the Noo'' Neil Doncaster) considered success as bums on seats.... and included a nicey nice environment with affluent aesthetics in the infrastructure - and paltry and poor prosthetics on the pitch.

If the punters will buy it - and are accepting with little protest.....JOB DONE!

Our present CE and Chairman see it very differently......and the Major ''Control Freaky'' Shareholding Duo and their tag-along titbit gatherers seem to be in for a major shock.....and it''s been a long time coming...

I bet the ''Turner Two'' are watching with wry smiles on their faces....(and a few others)....and I''m one of them. Nice.[:D]  

well said. The timing of this is unreal, it could only happen at Norwich, the joke club. Hopefully we shall all know soon the reasons, but as ever instability reigns, the supporters suffer and oh I forgot they play a game today!

Well i`m hoping against hope that the strange timing of this means that McNally has got the nod from a proper big-hitting manager.  Would 25k crowds a week and McNally`s experience and contacts be enough to persuade a Strachen or Coppell to little`ol Carrow Rd?  Maybe i need another strong coffee.......

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Well i`m hoping against hope that the strange timing of this means that McNally has got the nod from a proper big-hitting manager.  Would 25k crowds a week and McNally`s experience and contacts be enough to persuade a Strachen or Coppell to little`ol Carrow Rd?  Maybe i need another strong coffee.......[/quote]Maybe that coffee needs to Irish too Mr C LOL!I would like to hope there is some big announcement to come, logic tells me however that this is City and we will end up with JFH or some similar stupid appointment.

[quote user="Saint Canary"]What this club needs, more than anything, is continuity on the pitch.  [/quote]What this club needs, more than anything, is success on the pitch.  To achieve this, we need a manager who is respected and who knows what he''s doing.  Gunn, I suspect, is liked but not respected and he has been shown to be totally out of his depth.  We don''t know if his signings are any good.Continuity under Gunn would be continued underachievement, failure to achieve promotion, and administration.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Saint Canary"]What this club needs, more than anything, is continuity on the pitch.  [/quote]What this club needs, more than anything, is success on the pitch.  To achieve this, we need a manager who is respected and who knows what he''s doing.  Gunn, I suspect, is liked but not respected and he has been shown to be totally out of his depth.  We don''t know if his signings are any good.Continuity under Gunn would be continued underachievement, failure to achieve promotion, and administration.

[/quote]I''m not disagreeing with that and he was no doubt out of his depth.  That said there will be no success on the pitch without continuity.  The board need to pick a manager and stick with him.  I have no confidence in the board picking the right manager however.On a side note, can anyone think of a good reason why the failed departing board members of the summer where consulted in the appointment of Gunn?  It''s like asking the MD of Lehman Brothers for investment advice............

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Saint Canary"]What this club needs, more than anything, is continuity on the pitch.  [/quote]What this club needs, more than anything, is success on the pitch.  To achieve this, we need a manager who is respected and who knows what he''s doing.  Gunn, I suspect, is liked but not respected and he has been shown to be totally out of his depth.  We don''t know if his signings are any good.Continuity under Gunn would be continued underachievement, failure to achieve promotion, and administration.

[/quote]I''m not disagreeing with that and he was no doubt out of his depth.  That said there will be no success on the pitch without continuity.  The board need to pick a manager and stick with him.  I have no confidence in the board picking the right manager however.On a side note, can anyone think of a good reason why the failed departing board members of the summer where consulted in the appointment of Gunn?  It''s like asking the MD of Lehman Brothers for investment advice............[/quote]There had to be a set number of board members making the decision otherwise Gunn couldn''t have been appointed.Continuity is fine when the right person is in charge - Gunn was never the right person.  I blame Delia & MWJ & their old cronies for appointing him in February when the right appointment could well have kept us in the Championship.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Saint Canary"]What this club needs, more than anything, is continuity on the pitch.  [/quote]What this club needs, more than anything, is success on the pitch.  To achieve this, we need a manager who is respected and who knows what he''s doing.  Gunn, I suspect, is liked but not respected and he has been shown to be totally out of his depth.  We don''t know if his signings are any good.Continuity under Gunn would be continued underachievement, failure to achieve promotion, and administration.

[/quote]I''m not disagreeing with that and he was no doubt out of his depth.  That said there will be no success on the pitch without continuity.  The board need to pick a manager and stick with him.  I have no confidence in the board picking the right manager however.On a side note, can anyone think of a good reason why the failed departing board members of the summer where consulted in the appointment of Gunn?  It''s like asking the MD of Lehman Brothers for investment advice............[/quote]There had to be a set number of board members making the decision otherwise Gunn couldn''t have been appointed.Continuity is fine when the right person is in charge - Gunn was never the right person.  I blame Delia & MWJ & their old cronies for appointing him in February when the right appointment could well have kept us in the Championship.[/quote]I think the appointment in February was a desperate act from a board that had lost the plot and were clutching at straws hoping that a sentimental appointment would appease the fans, sadly many were..  It''s a strange thing to say but that 4-0 win against Barnsley is probably one of the worst results that this club has had in recent history.

Most people on here are seeing this as a continuation of our blind stumble towards obscurity and, while that may prove to be the case, I think that the changes at board level, and particularly the stamp that McNally is already putting on the club, suggests that a different wind may be blowing. Gunn should never have been appointed, and definitely shouldn''t have been re-appointed at the end of the season,but the decisive way in which he''s been removed contrasts starkly with the dithering over Grant and Roeder.

Yes, the upheaval is unfortunate, but better now than 10 games in with us in the bottom half. As I''ve said elsewhere the key now is who is appointed, because our very existence may depend on that decision.