Sign in to follow this  
birminghamcanary

please give leon a go!!!

Don''t know what you all think but everytime I''ve seen leon play he''s played well with a real desire that none of huck''s other strike partners can come close to!  He scored a good number of goals, from a few starts, last season and has come close a few times this season.

Give him a go! 

Talk about hungry...the guy must be absolutely starving and therefore raring to give more than his all, if only he gets the chance.  Personally, I think Worthy will give the Doc one or two more starting opportunities up front and, if there''s not much spark of life, I think we might see Leon get his chance soon after.

Personally I''ve always thought that Leon''s touch and finishing ability will turn out to be not good enough for the Premier, but I also tend to agree with everyone else that he deserves a chance to prove whether he can cut it or not.

We certainly need someone quick enough to get involved when Hucks is creating mayhem and at the moment neither the Doc, nor anyone from midfied, is doing it.

i dont agree with should be playing a target man at all, and especially a defender as a target man! Leon and Hux up front against villa - PLEASE NIGEL!

The time has come for leon to be given a chance to sink or swim...He has the strength to hold off defenders, is a threat in the air and has excellent mobility to support Hux so would be a handful for villas defence (without Laursen) on Sat.I agree with the doubts about his first touch but the only way to find out is to give him a go.OTBC

aren''t we an impatient lot? if they don''t score in 2 games we want them out.however, having said that, i think we''d be a better team all round if Leon was in the starting XI.There are pros and cons for all the potential striking partners for Hux (and I wouldn''t personally play 2 of them with Hux left-midfield as some might suggest) but I think Leon has the edge overall.The only problem now is that NW does give him his long overdue chance the pressure and need to impress quickly might affect his performance.