Sign in to follow this  
gsr600

would gunn have still been sacked

would gunn still have been sacked if we hadnt of lost by such a big margin, or we had of won that game

It''s difficult to say. My suspicion is that McNally had Gunn sussed as a managerial incompetent on observation - either through the things he said or in his interaction with the players etc - and therefore decided it was better to sack him sooner rather than later, before too much damage was done. It''s quite obvious that he must have been thinking about sacking him before the Yeovil match; after all you can''t do too much more than win a game 4 nil! I think the board must have one or more "ace" managerial candidates in mind and didn''t want to risk those men taking on jobs elsewhere, hence the somewhat bizarre timing of the sacking.

but gunns unbeaten record as manager is 51 percent, he won 6 games in charge and drew 5 games and lost 10 thats not including the preseason where if included would total 13 wins, 6 draws and 10 losses, which isnt a bad percentage,

[quote user="gsr600"]but gunns unbeaten record as manager is 51 percent, he won 6 games in charge and drew 5 games and lost 10 thats not including the preseason where if included would total 13 wins, 6 draws and 10 losses, which isnt a bad percentage,[/quote]Add to that relegation don''t forget.

Having slept on this and given it a great deal of thought, I don''t think he was sacked because of what happened last Saturday afternoon. The timing just doesn''t make sense. I think that something has gone on off the field, possibly whilst they were all staying in the west country.

I really hope one of the team is writing a diary type book ala Iwan. Not only is there enough material for a whole book on what has gone on in the last 6 days but I think it''s the only way mere fans like us will find out what''s really behind all this.

Chris Lakey gives all the reasons in this fantastic article:http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/sport/football/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=SportNorwich&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED15%20Aug%202009%2000%3A05%3A47%3A730

[quote user="ref89"]Chris Lakey gives all the reasons in this fantastic article:http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/sport/football/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=SportNorwich&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED15%20Aug%202009%2000%3A05%3A47%3A730[/quote]

Thanks ref, I hadn''t read that. It''s one mans view and being a pro, it''s very well written but......who reeally knows other than the board and untill they decide to add to the statement made yesterday I guess none of us, including CL know the truth. I think I''ll spend the next couple of hours watching 20/20 cricket.