Sign in to follow this  
canaries

WELL DONE MCNALLY

It seems like he was heavily behind this decision which is good as it proves he is ruthless and atleast 1 member of the board is not willing to let the sacking of a manger drag on

[quote user="NCFC1"]It seems like he was heavily behind this decision which is good as it proves he is ruthless and atleast 1 member of the board is not willing to let the sacking of a manger drag on[/quote]That was my first reaction. He seems to be the only difference since Delia happily gave Gunn the job. Hopefully we at last have someone on the board who knows something about football and he could see that Gunn just didn''t have the ability.

If it was, well done indeed McNally.It''s now far more vital though that the replacement is good enough to take hold of this club, and kick it back into shape.I trust McNally is capable of finding that man personally.

[quote user="NCFC1"]It seems like he was heavily behind this decision which is good as it proves he is ruthless and atleast 1 member of the board is not willing to let the sacking of a manger drag on[/quote]

Had it been done Saturday night then I would have agreed but this just makes the Board and the Club look stupid.

What does this say to the players and why let a guy assemble a squad if you then don''t give him a chance to see what they can do.

Rank bad decisions by the Board got the Club into trouble, knee jerk reactions to one result won''t get it out.

I agree Ricardo. This seems an amateurish move to me. I don''t understand the timing of this at all. A critical match tomorrow and this is announced now.

If Butterworth and Crook go as well, I will certainly find it hard to carry on the commitment to the cause.

I''m going to Exeter tomorrow to see how things go, but if it goes badly this action isn''t going to go down at all well!

OTBC!

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="NCFC1"]It seems like he was heavily behind this decision which is good as it proves he is ruthless and atleast 1 member of the board is not willing to let the sacking of a manger drag on[/quote]

Had it been done Saturday night then I would have agreed but this just makes the Board and the Club look stupid.

What does this say to the players and why let a guy assemble a squad if you then don''t give him a chance to see what they can do.

Rank bad decisions by the Board got the Club into trouble, knee jerk reactions to one result won''t get it out.

[/quote]Disagree. The board will have had the final say on the players bought. This says to the squad ''perform or you''re out''.

McNally was absolutely fuming after the 7-1 defeat, understanably.But to do this now, I can''t help but think this has something to do with Ian Crook somehow. I know that things haven''t been going well for him, his family are back in Australia and the whole news about Crook and Butterworth having to be separated on Saturday...... Very strange. Will be interesting to find out. Shall have to do some digging.

Knee jerk would have been Saturday, this is considered.  Do you engage brain before posting?

[quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

I think it was the right decision - my guess is that Mcnally was not happy with his appointment in the first place as he was not in his job at the time - now this was a chance/excuse to bring in his own man.......

[quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

I agree Ricardo.

I wonder who their next saviour is going to be?  What new heroes our fantastic new manager will want to sign???

It is those in the boardroom who need to go.  While Smith & Jones remain it will not matter who we have in the managerial hotseat.

No decent manager will want to come anywhere near Carrow Road to work under the current set up.

Good Luck to whatever poor sod takes the poisoned chalice of the vacant position at NCFC.. something tells me that you are going to need it and that you will be doing your career more harm than good long term.

McNally may have been the prime mover (and may well have lined up a replacement) but I wouldn''t discount the influence of the other two new directors. Neither looks like someone who will gladly suffer a fool.Gunn was chosen by the old guard of directors. It was always likely that the newcomers would look less sentimentally on him.

It''s a strange one alright...[url]http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/blogs/lq-another-girl-another-planet.aspx[/url][*-)]

[quote]No decent manager will want to come anywhere near Carrow Road to work under the current set up.[/quote]Can I have a list of decent managers please, so that you can laugh at all of us when the next bloke isn''t among them ?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

I agree Ricardo.

I wonder who their next saviour is going to be?  What new heroes our fantastic new manager will want to sign???

It is those in the boardroom who need to go.  While Smith & Jones remain it will not matter who we have in the managerial hotseat.

No decent manager will want to come anywhere near Carrow Road to work under the current set up.

Good Luck to whatever poor sod takes the poisoned chalice of the vacant position at NCFC.. something tells me that you are going to need it and that you will be doing your career more harm than good long term.

[/quote]

Seems like the saga just continues to roll Smudger, this board never cease to surprise us with their sense of timing.

I never endorsed their giving the job to Gunny but if you make a decision you have to stick by it and give it a chance to work.

As you rightly say, who in their right mind would want to work for this bunch of amateurs.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]No decent manager will want to come anywhere near Carrow Road to work under the current set up.[/quote]

Can I have a list of decent managers please, so that you can laugh at all of us when the next bloke isn''t among them ?
[/quote]

It could be anyone but nothing will change while the present owners remain in charge.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]McNally may have been the prime mover (and may well have lined up a replacement) but I wouldn''t discount the influence of the other two new directors. Neither looks like someone who will gladly suffer a fool.

Gunn was chosen by the old guard of directors. It was always likely that the newcomers would look less sentimentally on him.[/quote]

Kinda makes you wonder why they are working for one then.

[quote user="ricardo"]

Seems like the saga just continues to roll Smudger, this board never cease to surprise us with their sense of timing.

I never endorsed their giving the job to Gunny but if you make a decision you have to stick by it and give it a chance to work.

As you rightly say, who in their right mind would want to work for this bunch of amateurs.

[/quote]Ricardo, I often agree with your posts, but not on this occasion. The fact is that Gunn - rightly or wrongly - was appointed before the three new directors arrived on the scene.Given that, which is the more amateurish? For the new board members to sit on their hands and keep Gunn in a job for which they don''t think he is qualified, or to force the issue and get rid of him? It has to be the former.For all that the timing looks odd, and embarrassing, the really important question is whether sacking Gunn now was the right decision. 

And only time, or tomorrow''s match, will tell on that one Purple!

[quote user="LQ"]And only time, or tomorrow''s match, will tell on that one Purple!

[/quote]With deep respect LQ ( and at the risk of offending someone armed with five-inch heels!) I don''t think I need the benefit of time to validate my view on the correctness of Gunn''s sacking!

From Smudger post:   "Good Luck to whatever poor sod takes the poisoned chalice of the vacant

position at NCFC.. something tells me that you are going to need it and

that you will be doing your career more harm than good long term."let''s hope they do not use that in the vacancy advert!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

I agree Ricardo.

[/quote]

I know not many people say this to you, and 18 months ago I wouldn''t have done myself, but I agree totally.

We''ll get a cheap option in again and carry on chasing our tail. Pointless move.

New board = change, New manager = sideways step (at best)

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

I agree Ricardo.

[/quote]

[/quote]

His form over 20 games obviously said enough.

If nothing else this is a Brave decision. And a fairly prompt one unike the Worthington debacle. I suspect the OP is right in that it is mostly of McNally''s doing. When he joined the club I would guess that he said from the start that Gunn was a risky appointment and that he should be got rid of as soon as things looked bad. The new members of the board were in danger of looking silly if they let things like that go on for too long. The fact is that we had our worst home result ever last Saturday. The responsibility for that has to lie largely with the manager. Many of us prior to that game also felt that Gunn''s failure was inevitable given his lack of experience and poor results to date. So its better to get rid now than later. The timing does look very odd though after a 4-0 away win, even if it was against Yeovil. I just hope they have a proven replacement lined up for the job - and perhaps that is the reason for this odd timing. If we get in another inexperienced manager with no record of success, this is all going to be pointless. It may all be pointless anyway as I have been saying for a long time that no manager is ever going to turn this club around without new owners too.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]McNally may have been the prime mover (and may well have lined up a replacement) but I wouldn''t discount the influence of the other two new directors. Neither looks like someone who will gladly suffer a fool.

Gunn was chosen by the old guard of directors. It was always likely that the newcomers would look less sentimentally on him.[/quote]

Kinda makes you wonder why they are working for one then.

[/quote]

haha as they used to say on Family Fortunes... TOP ANSWER, Ricardo!!! [:D]

this is not a knee jerk reaction, Gunny should never have been appointed before the new board was assembled. I think that McNally and his new board members realised very quickly that the wrong appointment had been made based on sentiment rather than ability and have taken the first opportunity to right that mistake, could be that this shows an ambition we''ve not seen for many years.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

I agree Ricardo.

[/quote]

[/quote]

His form over 20 games obviously said enough.

[/quote]

Then why not terminate it after 18 games at the end of last season?

Allowing him to spend the transfer budget for this season and then sacking him after 2 games (1 win 1 loss) hardly smacks of a reasoned judgement.

Whether you thought Gunny was the man or not is niether here nor there. The Board have thrown another sop to the fans as they always do in times of crisis. Gunny pays the penalty while the real wasters remain in place.

The anger of the fans should be turned on the people who have driven this club so low, and it isn''t Gunny, Roeder, Granty or Worthy.