Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

would i be removed from the ground if i unfurl a "Delia out" banner?

thinking of taking one to the Wycombe game.. going to get it fire proofed and everything... will the club have the "eavies" remove me if i unfirl it in the ground... i can remember QPR unveiling a banner about their manager a few seasons ago and nothing happening... will it be a different story if anyone dare question "Queen Delia"?

if not i''ll be in the carpark with it after the game.. because thats where the board come out of.. not the main entrance....

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

thinking of taking one to the Wycombe game.. going to get it fire proofed and everything... will the club have the "eavies" remove me if i unfirl it in the ground... i can remember QPR unveiling a banner about their manager a few seasons ago and nothing happening... will it be a different story if anyone dare question "Queen Delia"?

if not i''ll be in the carpark with it after the game.. because thats where the board come out of.. not the main entrance....

[/quote]

I doubt it, mate. Remember the Southampton fans at Carrow road last year? They had loads of banners against the board. I would go for it if I was you [Y]

You wouldn''t get kicked out although (depending on where you sit) you may get some problems from ''The Sheep''.  Also the stewards will likely confiscate it although not too sure on that one.Hope you do this though mate, we are getting a lot of media coverage at the moment (most of it is bad press for the Board) and this would help.

In all honesty mate by the time it was taken down (if it was), it would have acheived it''s objective surely - the queen bee would have seen it and be under no illusion

[/quote]

you should do it jas. As long as you dont put anything rude or swear words on it it they cant throw you out.

Do it mate, and good on you!!![:D]

[/quote]

Depend if the old p** head is out of it at the time.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

Yeah just a simple "Delia Out" would do. Short and to the point.

I''d even suggest doing this at the Sunderland cup game perhaps? What with Sky being there and all that.

[/quote]

Thats a cracking Idea mate. Delia out banners for the Sunderland game everone to get tv coverage?

Are you sure you can spell it ok. If you are old enough to go to the pub?? stay there. look what the noisy minority have done to our club.Start living in the real world you have not got the money to make this the big club the media (that means tv & papers) makes you believe we are. Get back to what made us a great club read our history

[quote user="in the real world canary"]Are you sure you can spell it ok. If you are old enough to go to the pub?? stay there. look what the noisy minority have done to our club.Start living in the real world you have not got the money to make this the big club the media (that means tv & papers) makes you believe we are. Get back to what made us a great club read our history[/quote]

How dare you criticise someone''s English when they''ve just used the word ''unfurl''? [:@]

It''s a great idea Jas, and the Sunderland match would be the ideal time to register our discontent at the absolutes shambles that DS and MWJ have presided over.

I put up a banner inside the ground politely asking Worthington to leave sometime ago...(cant remember the game) But this is what happened.  First a vicious old hag came hurtling down and started swearing and cursing. Then the stewards piled in. I was told to take it down or I would be removed. First reason was that I was obstructing the view. I actually put it up after the players warm up and they had left the pitch. I told them I would take it down when they came back onto the pitch.

I was told that it had to come down straight away or I was out of the ground. After the game I had a series of emails to and fro with Doncaster and the best he could come up with was that the sheet was not fire retardent..........

So there you have it, my best guess would be that you would get abused by some purple haired silk scarfed delia lovers and then haranged by the Stewards untill you took it down.,

Think you are a bit late, by the Wycombe game we will have a new manager and surely it''s time to support the team, we don''t need any more side shows!!

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Think you are a bit late, by the Wycombe game we will have a new manager and surely it''s time to support the team, we don''t need any more side shows!![/quote]

How will a "Delia Out" banner affect the players? Its not a "You''re all $h!t" banner.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Think you are a bit late, by the Wycombe game we will have a new manager and surely it''s time to support the team, we don''t need any more side shows!![/quote]

How will a "Delia Out" banner affect the players? Its not a "You''re all $h!t" banner.

[/quote]

Exactly its not against the players its against the board.

[quote user="mtv"]

I put up a banner inside the ground politely asking Worthington to leave sometime ago...(cant remember the game) But this is what happened.  First a vicious old hag came hurtling down and started swearing and cursing. Then the stewards piled in. I was told to take it down or I would be removed. First reason was that I was obstructing the view. I actually put it up after the players warm up and they had left the pitch. I told them I would take it down when they came back onto the pitch.

I was told that it had to come down straight away or I was out of the ground. After the game I had a series of emails to and fro with Doncaster and the best he could come up with was that the sheet was not fire retardent..........

So there you have it, my best guess would be that you would get abused by some purple haired silk scarfed delia lovers and then haranged by the Stewards untill you took it down.,

[/quote]In other words they''ll use any old ballcocks as an excuse, in case some donut takes offence.

I realise it''s not against the players chaps but think if we have a new manager in charge we need to support the team. Sorry but your banner is hardly going to get anything but free publicity. We have been a laughing stock in the press all week now it''s time to move on!!

[quote user="Rupethebear"]I realise it''s not against the players chaps but think if we have a new manager in charge we need to support the team. Sorry but your banner is hardly going to get anything but free publicity. We have been a laughing stock in the press all week now it''s time to move on!![/quote]

I think timing of Gunn''s appointment and dismissal is far more embarrassing than the Colchester debacle. Football scorelines come and go, but what this episode has exposed once and for all to the entire nation is that our club is owned by people who are utterly, utterly incompetent and unfit to have any meaningful input into the running of the club. I''d welcome any (peaceful) action broadcast on SKY that disassociates us (the fans) from Smith and Jones.

Absolutely.  This is about more than one game and getting behind the team.  Some of us have been doing that for years but with Smith and Jones in charge it is not working.  They have to go.  They have to go now.  They are happy to let others take bullets but they refuse to accept the obvious; that they are slowly ruining our club.  Ican''t eve nbegin to explain how much I hate Delia and her attitude she cares only about her image, power has gone to her head.  Yes, we need to protest.  Chase was terrible, very terrible, but he never got us falling this far in footballing terms.  What does that tell us about Delia?  Get the HELL out of our club you parasite...

right.. im going to try and get it all organised and made... how would be best to do it?

not sure if i can make the Sunderland game due to work.. but will definately be at wycombe.. i might not be able to unfurl it in the gound (but will have a fire safety certificate for it in my pocket if i can get one so the stewards cant whinge) but i might walk a lap around the outside of the stadium holding it up clearly as i go.... will be plenty of people to see it... i really dont care if some happy clapper comes up and whinges....

no guarentees but if i can get a banner in time im doing it! im going for one i can unfurl and still hold rather than tie up somewhere... similar size to the "Le judge" Brellier one....

right.. im going to try and get it all organised and made... how would be best to do it?

not sure if i can make the Sunderland game due to work.. but will definately be at wycombe.. i might not be able to unfurl it in the gound (but will have a fire safety certificate for it in my pocket if i can get one so the stewards cant whinge) but i might walk a lap around the outside of the stadium holding it up clearly as i go.... will be plenty of people to see it... i really dont care if some happy clapper comes up and whinges....

no guarentees but if i can get a banner in time im doing it! im going for one i can unfurl and still hold rather than tie up somewhere... similar size to the "Le judge" Brellier one....

[/quote]Oh grow some balls Jaz FFS.Wrap it round your body, wear a loose fitting shirt, and then you will get it no problems. Get to your seat, take off your shirt, unfurl the banner, get somebody else to hold the other end (planning is good here obviously), make a din, smile for the cameras and job''s a good ''un! (And don''t forget to put your shirt back on unless you have a torso to be proud of!)Sunderland is the only game worth bothering with… if you can''t get to that one, then don''t bother with it cos it will be "looookull expoooosure oonlee" and your effort will have been wasted.[6]

You would be removed from the ground if you unfurl a "Delia Out" banner - and it was found to be made from one of her best tablecloths purloined from the ''Top o'' the Terrace'' restaurant.....