Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

THE HUCKERBY FUND - Serious Contributors Thread

Ok people, here''s an easy way to gage support for this idea.
We know the score, 10,000 people, £100.
If you don''t agree, and everyone''s entitled not to, that''s fine, but only post here if you support the idea and are prepared to contribute. I''m sure many season ticket holders wouldn''t mind and extra 100 quid for the year to get him and we''ve got 12,000 of them. But to be honest i reckon a lot would come from supporters from afar and celebrity supporters so i''m sure this is do-able!
It would need some way of ring fencing and a guarantee that it would be returned if the bid failed. But i''m sure this can be done. A bank could arrange it, N&P perhaps - the PR surrounding something like this would be huge, it would be all over the news. "FANS BID TO BUY PLAYER." Although i''m not sure about how Huckerby himself would feel about it - he might feel like a bit of a pawn and the pressure on him if we did get him would be huge! And as was pointed out, if he suffers a zema...
But what the hell, we only live once, so all those in favour say I:

I

Before we even consider this sort of thing we need to get the club to look into the actual cost of getting him. there is no point in the fans trying to raise 1 - 1.5 million if Man city want 3 million for him and the club cant afford the rest. therefore before we as fans look into this it is down to the club to make the first move and approach Man city in order to get some figures.

morning A1

thought I would trundle over to this site to gauge opinion over the Hucks saga

I am with you all the way, there are lots of similarily minded people on the official website too!

The EDP this morning has lead with this in the Sports section - but official spokespeople say it can''t be done. Of course it can, we can secure enough to bring him here, until someone says exactly how much it is and that Hucks really doesn''t want to stay on a permanent basis.

I would certainly put in a considerable sum (£200) if this could be done in a legitimate way, I am saddened that the club see us as a hopeless bunch of people who mean well but cannot make things happen

I would like to ask them, what if?

Huckerby signs for REading, Forest etc and takes them up. Wouldn''t that feel good, and as for a swap deal, if we don''t go up this year, we might lose Drury and Green anyway

Have to hope Worthy''s silver tongue turns gold and he brings Hucks home.

To all those people who are currently saying that the supporters would not be able to fund the deal I would say to them ''do not underestimate the true Canary supporters''. You only have to look at the money that was raised in the share issue to see how much people are prepared to pay to support their club. The biggest problem that I can see is whether Huckerby would be prepared to accept a massive drop in wages to move to Norwich. If he is happy to do that then the transfer fee could possibly be raised. I am realistic and if I was asked to accept a pay cut of between 10-15,000 a week to move to Norfolk then the answer would probably be ''no''. As an exciled Canary supporter, and shareholder, I already spend in excess of £1,000 a year to follow my team yet I would be prepared to put my hand in my pocket to raise money if I thought we could secure him. Meanwhile I will take every opportunity to watch all three loan signings whilst they are still at the club.

If I were to contribute £100 ( i probably would and im a student!) and IF the scheme was to get lifted of the ground, I would require a guareentee that if insufficient monies were raised then that cash would be ploughed into the club for other uses. I do not want to see it whittled away into the darkness of the night!

Yours City_lad

While this whole idea is great thats all it could ever be is an Idea!!!
I myself put in a large sum of money to the Shares option and that was a great idea but one which could affect the team from a fans point of view is terrible.
What if Huckerby doesnt score for 10 games and worthy wants to drop him, how will the fans react to there hard earned money sitting on the bench or even in the stands, they would go mad and be calling for the managers head before you knew it.
so yes get a fund up and running for the club but not for one player

My Direct debit for my season ticket of £50 has just finished I would be happy to keep the DD going indefinately. I would also like to say to fans that If we could raise money for the purchase of Huckerby & a deal could not be struck would we not be better leaving the money in the pot for a replacement either another exciting loan or quality permanent. We must not fail & let this great start go to waste.

I''m in along with my £100.

All this oh-so-serious stuff about strings attached and it can''t be done, why not raise as much cash as possible while Carra Rood is buzzing with Hucker, Hucker, Huckerby mania?

The money could be given with the intention of getting Huckerby as the star prize but on the understanding that, if Worthy, Delia and we the fans don''t pull it off, the money will be spent on strengthening the team in some other way. For example I don''t think we should be letting Kevin Harper wander back to Portsmouth and what about strengthening our central defence?

its nice to see that the loyal fans of this football club are prepared to give 100 pounds to secure the services of huckerby. i dont live in norwich now and only watch them play a few games a season but would willingly give 100 quid to see huckerby sign. i however will not carry on buying merchandice from the club if they continue to show a lack of ambition. i feel the club should release average players such as abbey (useless) and notman (injury prone) and loan fringe players such as henderson and sinclair to lower league clubs for a season to help find the wages to pay hucks. i believe from a good friend that hucks is on about 15k a week at city. ncfc were going to break their wage structure of 5k a week to 8k to sign connelly. i feel if ncfc can offer a 3 yr deal of around 8k a week to hucks and him and his family are happy in norfolk he would take it. by loaning out such players and releasing the above deadwood this would be possible. also what if the club was to put gate prices and season ticket prices up say 1 pound a game this would generate 16000 a game. i for one would pay a few pounds a game more to see the likes of hucks grace a new carrow rd stadium!!!!!!!!!!!!!!