Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

GUNN GONE WHO WILL REPLACE HIM??? WHO DO YOU WANT

I think we can probably assume our new boss will be someone that McNally has worked with before.....Who does that throw into the mix????Hopefully not Lawrie Sanchez!!!

It has to be Aidy Boothroyd,he has the experience and he would have the backing of the Board to take us back to the Premiership. Would not be surprised to see new owners as well OTBC.

Who do I want?  Well, Steve Coppell, or Curbishley.  But I don''t expect them, more likely Boothroyd or Robins.  Or someone with a McNally connection, though surely Strachan wouldn''t want it (and I wouldn''t want him).

Quick query about Boothroyd though - he didn''t exactly do very well following Watford''s relegation did he? I know finances were tight and all but he still took them up to the Prem, straight back down again and into the bottom half of the Championship.

You could almost say Worthy-esque... [;)]

Paul Tisdale from Exeter would be nice but I think we need a bit more bite and a bit less pretty at the moment so...

[quote user="TheGoogler"]

My conclusive list of people I would like as manager

Steve Tilson (Southend)
Andy Scott (Brentford)
Stan Ternet (unemployed)
Aidy Boothroyd (unemployed)
Paul Tisdale (Exter)
Steve Cotterill (unemployed, seriously unrealistic)
Paul Lambert (Colchester)
Mark Robins (Rotherham)[/quote]

Good list.

Possibly Adams (Port Vale)

It always amazes me that so many want Boothroyd - a one season wonder, who talks a good game.

[quote user="canaryjock"]

Quick query about Boothroyd though - he didn''t exactly do very well following Watford''s relegation did he? I know finances were tight and all but he still took them up to the Prem, straight back down again and into the bottom half of the Championship.

You could almost say Worthy-esque... [;)]

[/quote]

The finances were worse than tight!

One of four men...
- Alan Curbishley - Ok its unrealistic but he loves football and left West Ham cos he no longer felt like he was in charge. He would be up for the challenge I think if sold rightly to him
- Peter Taylor - Norwich is a much bigger club than Wycombe and he can definitely do the business
- Aidy Boothroyd - The safe and simple option, but not sure he would be any cheaper than the two above
- Dennis Wise - Someone with a bit of bottle and not afraid to give the players a kick up the backside 

[quote user="GMF"]Boothroyd with Malky as assitant, or Mark Robins with Ian Crook. Really not sure about Butterworth at all.[/quote]

We have to stop this whole friends of the club stance.. shame we just given cotracts to butterworth and crook... we need a whole new set up and new direction for the club.. i doubt we can afford it now tho!!!

I can categorically state that it will definitely NOT be Lawrie Sanchez!

It will be one of these four managers, who are all currently out of work. In no particular order:

Lawrie Sanchez

Gordon Strachen

Aidy Boothroyd

Steve Coppel

[quote user="LQ"]I can categorically state that it will definitely NOT be Lawrie Sanchez!

[/quote]

Shouldn''t you be down Mercy''s this time of night?

[quote user="LQ"]I can categorically state that it will definitely NOT be Lawrie Sanchez!

[/quote]How do you know?

Trust me.It''ll be a cold day in hell before he''s appointed!

[quote user="Empty Mirror"]

Who do I want?  Well, Steve Coppell, or Curbishley.  But I don''t expect them, more likely Boothroyd or Robins.  Or someone with a McNally connection, though surely Strachan wouldn''t want it (and I wouldn''t want him).

[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking. I''m sure i heard Curbishley say he wouldn''t come to League 1 apart from Charlton but, you never know.