Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Was Gunn Given The Chance To Resign ?

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

He should have been given the chance to keep his dignity. If this was not offered to him, he has been well and truly stabbed in the back.

[/quote]I don''t really care, to be honest - he should have resigned after failing to keep us up.  Instead he chose to run a publicity campaign re: "why I should be manager."  I feel a bit sorry for him as a person, it''s pretty embarrassing - but so was his record in charge.  As a manager, he''s got exactly what he deserved.

He should have been given the chance to keep his dignity. If this was not offered to him, he has been well and truly stabbed in the back.

[/quote]

Probably with the same cutlery used against Mike Walker....

[/quote]

No.

hard cheese. He should never have taken the job, he''s had many chances to stand down (by far the best thing for him to have done, last season). What you want the club to do? keep on paying him for a laugh? He''s been paid plenty over the years.I for one think it''s a pleasant change - Gunn is part of the Doomcaster legacy - this is the Mcnally era and hopefully he''ll take no prisoners.

As a Millwall fan said to me last night - "Gunn was a bit Letsbe avenue - yeah?" - what else could I say but, Yes!

Fair question, I assume the answer is no. The new board were obviously never keen on him, and the 7 - 1 was the excuse they needed. Why would he resign? He won his last game 4 - 0 away, and was just starting to build his own team.

Another question could be "Was Gunn given the chance to MANAGE ?" Personally I wasn''t a huge fan of giving Gunny the job permanently, but once he was there, and got 12 new players, I really hoped he was given a fair chance. Clearly that''s too much to ask these days.

The timing seems incredibly poor. I can only assume the board already have a very good replacement lined up. If not, its another shambles unfortunately.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]

No.

[/quote]

Shouldn''t you be out chasing Jordan and her cage pugilist for a scoop?  Or have you left that to her upstairs?

[quote]As a Millwall fan said to me last night - "Gunn was a bit Letsbe avenue - yeah?" - what else could I say but, Yes[/quote]

You what? What does that even mean?

[quote]I for one think it''s a pleasant change[/quote]

To sack a manager after only 21 games, having won his last gamw 4 - o away, and letting him bring 12 new players in over the summer? And no word yet on the replacement. A pleasant change?

What planet are you on?

If he had been given the chance to resign it would have been pretty obvious that it was all a sham anyway, as it is in most of these cases. Everybody would have asked, why resign after a 4 nil victory?

[quote user="Skint Eastwood"][quote]As a Millwall fan said to me last night - "Gunn was a bit Letsbe avenue - yeah?" - what else could I say but, Yes[/quote]

You what? What does that even mean?

[quote]I for one think it''s a pleasant change[/quote]

To sack a manager after only 21 games, having won his last gamw 4 - o away, and letting him bring 12 new players in over the summer? And no word yet on the replacement. A pleasant change?

What planet are you on?[/quote]The planet that says Yeovil aren''t our equals, that says the Carling cup in comparison with a 7-1 league drubbing is not that important.Doesn''t matter how many signings he made and that he needs more time. HE CAN''T GET THE BEST FROM ANY PLAYERS OR TEAM HE SELECTS ANYWAY - WE''VE WASTED ENOUGH TIME. Here''s an idea, lets get a football manager to manage our football team.And as for the Letsbe avenue gag. It''s obvious what it means and you obviously aren''t on this planet.

[quote user="Pablos pubic perm"]If he had been given the chance to resign it would have been pretty obvious that it was all a sham anyway, as it is in most of these cases. Everybody would have asked, why resign after a 4 nil victory?[/quote]

He may have wanted to go out on a high! LOOOOL