Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Our club DESERVES the best possible manager.

Even if your''e somebody that believes that the sacking today is harsh, surely we are all in agreement at the above topic?

Our first chance is our best chance of getting out of this division, if we don''t we may be here for a long time. With that in mind we just cannot gamble with a novice manager in this of all seasons.

This club needs to be given the very best chance of promotion this season and that includes having the very best manager that it can attract, surely everyone must be in agreement that Bryan Gunn is''nt that?

I thank god the "new" board have acted quickly enough with virtually a whole season left and two weeks of a transfer window, and now look forward to seeing what McNally can do now!

Obviously. But I now have this strange premonition that Lawrie Sanchez is the chosen one. Does anyone know whether David McNally and Sanchez worked together at Fulham? Or did McNally fire him ?

[quote user="John Morlar"]Obviously. But I now have this strange premonition that Lawrie Sanchez is the chosen one. Does anyone know whether David McNally and Sanchez worked together at Fulham? Or did McNally fire him ?[/quote]

I think McNally fired Sanchez.

Why anyone would want Strachan is beyond me, did poor with Coventry and Southampton then sucess with Celtic, well lets be fair its hardly a competitive league up there is it.

[quote user="Two Tails"]Why anyone would want Strachan is beyond me, did poor with Coventry and Southampton then sucess with Celtic, well lets be fair its hardly a competitive league up there is it.
[/quote]

Poor at Coventry but got Sothampton to the FA cup fianl and a top ten team....how they would love him back there, my saints friends were gutted they went for Pardew instead of Strachan. he also done very very well at Celtic. Still cant see him coming here though anyway.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Even if your''e somebody that believes that the sacking today is harsh, surely we are all in agreement at the above topic?

Our first chance is our best chance of getting out of this division, if we don''t we may be here for a long time. With that in mind we just cannot gamble with a novice manager in this of all seasons.

This club needs to be given the very best chance of promotion this season and that includes having the very best manager that it can attract, surely everyone must be in agreement that Bryan Gunn is''nt that?

I thank god the "new" board have acted quickly enough with virtually a whole season left and two weeks of a transfer window, and now look forward to seeing what McNally can do now!

[/quote]

Why on earth would we think our club ''deserves the best possible manager'' when we have proved incapable of supporting the last three, or is it four - can''t count at this time of night, managers for more than a few months each?

Just a question.

Personally I think we''ve got exactly what a majority of the posters on this board (though not a majority of real supporters) wanted a few days ago - a complete and utter shambles.

We are 3rd Division, so we deserve a 3rd Division manager. Can we luck into an "up and coming" star who has the magic touch?  We may have had one with Gunn, we will never know since he was not given a chance to show what he could do with his selected team.

What I don''t want is some re-cycled has-been hack who''s only attribute is a big name and perhaps one winning season with a club long ago and far away. We tried the "big name" approach with Roeder, and gave him enough rope to hang himself again.  What did we end up with?  Roeder hanging from a rope.  Don''t go for a coach, either.  That failed with Grant.  Our best realistic option would be to lure some phenom to Carrow Road and then do out best to keep him if and when he succeeds. No legit top manager will come here, especially with our abysmal record over the last few years AND with the latest fiasco demonstrating that things are not getting better. Job security? Nope!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

If it turns out to be Hasselbaink - then please disregard everything I''ve written in the OP!!

Spot on Houston.

One day the people writing on these boards will realise that we are no longer in a position to attract a high quality, proven manager........ unless of course there is massive investment and arrangements are already in hand!

We get what we deserve which is feck all. What a horrible club to support and horrible people to share it with. What is left? Cheering laundry indeed...

Agree with you Houston, except that we don''t deserve a third division manager. We need to have a top notch manager that can, well, manage. I.e provide leadership, motivate, re-assure, explain, exploit the resources that we do have an other 3rd division clubs don''t. Then the image of this club will rebound and along with that so will the finances.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Strachan''s maybe a long shot, but if Boothroyd was announced over the weekend I don''t think too many would have any complaints?[/quote]

great.. a long ball merchant with a similar record to Dowie,,, hold on whilst i just wet myself.

jas :)