Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

New Manager..... My Two Pence.

Firstly, this club has not covered itself in any glory whatsoever by sacking Gunn the day before an away game and just after a 4-0 away win. What kind of message does send to the many decent players that have recently signed for Bryan Gunn? Not least the bloke that just scored a hat trick for him.

Where does this leave Wes Hoolohan? We are still in a transfer window, and he has stayed loyal to Gunn. He also showed great character at Yeovil after his slight fall out with the fans. It is testimony to Gunn and his team that they pulled together and got the result.... a lot of teams would struggle to bounce back from that.

Secondly, I DO think that getting rid of Gunn WAS the right decision, but I believe that it is the wrong time. The decision had been made to part with Gunn, but I believe that we should have at least of made the actual sacking after a defeat. I suspect however that there may be at least a little money left in a transfer pot which the board would like to be seen spent before 31st August?

The most important thing is that we can now get a manager in who is able to get along with the players at the club and can MAKE DO WITH WHAT HE IS GIVEN. This manager has to come in and feel able to do a job with the players that this club currently has on its books. We cannot afford to have somebody come in with a Roeder attitude saying that we have a rubbish team, selling players and bringing in his own men.

We HAVE to get somebody in who feels that he can add just two or three men to the squad to make it his own team.

Who do I want? This will be controversial, but I would like Ian Crook for the short term. He knows how the game is played, he understands the game tactically, he gets on well with the players, and he is one half of a team that has effectively been making Gunns decisions. I would like Crook over Butterworth... particularly if their bust up is to believed. The ONLY thing you can do when you are 5-0 down is to change as much as the team as you can, this means making all three subs at half time. He was the only one that saw this.

Who would I like in the long term? Mick Harford. A manager that can do just that ''manage''.... he can ''manage'' with what he has got and he can ''man manage''. It is Harford that got the best out of Spillane and Martin last year and very nearly accomplished the impossible. He would not be expensive, he is probably desperate for the move, and he can do a job with no money, he can get the best out of youth, and he has a lot of respect from his players - there are league one and two quality players playing for harford in the conference (e.g. keith keane). We might even win the paint pot.

Harford is to me the next Worthington, possibly even the next Martin O''Neill. Those were the last two managers we appointed that came from the lower leagues. We certainly do not need some big time charlie who can bring his over rated ''former under 21 internationals'' or ''former middlesbrough buddies'' and ''highly rated dutch players'' etc etc...

We need a man that will just make do with what we have. Hopefully one that will see the only essential signings as a goalkeeper and a right back.

[quote user="Shyster"]You are not having Harford - I want Luton back in the League at the first attempt.
[/quote]

I always thought you were a NCFC fan, not a Luton town fan [:|]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Shyster"]You are not having Harford - I want Luton back in the League at the first attempt.[/quote]

[/quote]

I have always been a City supporter first and a Hatter''s supporter second - however, the sheer incompetence shown by the people who''re supposed to run this club over the last six seasons (especially the last f*cking three!) tips my interests as a fan over to a properly run club such as Luton.I will be attending at least half of Luton''s games this season - they''re Board deserves my financial support.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Shyster"]You are not having Harford - I want Luton back in the League at the first attempt.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I have always been a City supporter first and a Hatter''s supporter second - however, the sheer incompetence shown by the people who''re supposed to run this club over the last six seasons (especially the last f*cking three!) tips my interests as a fan over to a properly run club such as Luton.

I will be attending at least half of Luton''s games this season - they''re Board deserves my financial support.
[/quote]

Ahhh well, I don''t suppose I can''t blame you.  Have supported city for over 25 years myself, and hubby for over 40 years.  I have a 2nd and 3rd team that I like to keep an eye on the results of, Arsenal because when mum was alive that was her team, and Wet Spam as when my dad was alive that was his team. 

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Shyster"]You are not having Harford - I want Luton back in the League at the first attempt.[/quote]

[/quote]

I have always been a City supporter first and a Hatter''s supporter second - however, the sheer incompetence shown by the people who''re supposed to run this club over the last six seasons (especially the last f*cking three!) tips my interests as a fan over to a properly run club such as Luton.I will be attending at least half of Luton''s games this season - they''re Board deserves my financial support.[/quote]

Ahhh well, I don''t suppose I can''t blame you.  Have supported city for over 25 years myself, and hubby for over 40 years.  I have a 2nd and 3rd team that I like to keep an eye on the results of, Arsenal because when mum was alive that was her team, and Wet Spam as when my dad was alive that was his team. 

[/quote]

It''s nice to know you''ve supported your husband for over 40 years.  [;)]Are you a lot younger than him then?