Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Chris Sutton/Dion Dublin?

Not my usual source but have heard Sutton has been up Colney all week with Crook and is extremely keen to get involved.Big D...no fact just remebered when i spoke to him last year...he said he would consider management in a year or so, he wanted to concentrate on the TV. Would you be pleased if he put his name forward?

[quote user="NCFC_Edward"]I think Dublin has what it takes to be a great manager, but not Sutton.[/quote]Not sure what I would make of Sutton (although there is no way he would be manager probably coach).  Dion on the other hand I would cautiously welcome.As it isn''t your usual source I am reluctant to believe though CUPSD

I would not give the job to Sutton.

I would happily have Dublin (hell, he may as well give himself a squad number).

Whoever the new manager is will have ideas about the backroom staff, hopefully that new manager will see something in Crook..... but I am sure that Dublin would have his own ideas with regards to who he wants as his assistant, he probably has THE biggest contact book in the game; everybody knows Dion.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Not my usual source but have heard Sutton has been up Colney all week with Crook and is extremely keen to get involved.

Big D...no fact just remebered when i spoke to him last year...he said he would consider management in a year or so, he wanted to concentrate on the TV.

Would you be pleased if he put his name forward?
[/quote]

I love Sutts, was always one of my fave NC players, but as manager, no thank''s.

I''ve been disappointed that the club hasn''t managed to get Dion on board last season in some permanent capacity. He certainly had a positive effect on the dressing room last year away at Birmingham.

As much as these two will always be remembered favourably for their time at Norwich how on earth could anyone be serious about either of these two coming in as part of a Management team. We would have a similar situation as Gunny being in charge - great guy but not enough experience or qualifications regarding coaching.

No thanks, don''t want anyone with any previous connection to the club. We''ve been there and done that and it doesn''t work. I think Dublin has gone on record as saying that he wants to do media work and isn''t interested in football management, no experience so wouldn''t want him even if he was interested.

[quote user="Ex-greenoschin"]As much as these two will always be remembered favourably for their time at Norwich how on earth could anyone be serious about either of these two coming in as part of a Management team. We would have a similar situation as Gunny being in charge - great guy but not enough experience or qualifications regarding coaching.[/quote]

Agreed, however to echo what others have said, if Dion were to be involved in some backroom capacity it would be no bad thing at all, as somebody else said he''s got to have a massive contact book, could do very well well as a scout/coach, he could for example be the man to get the best out of Holt.

But what are you suggesting with the "ooo", where else would he have been?[quote user="can u sit down please"]ooooo its now been confirmed that Crook HAS been at Colney all week.....[/quote]

I was under the impression he was not travelling to any away games and was not even on first team duties at home now?

Would be great to see these two come in as coaches, maybe work on their coaching badges while they''re with us.

But I thnk we''ve seen what happens when managerial appointments are picked from ex players with no experience!!