Sign in to follow this  
Canary Jim

Ryan Jarvis

I reckon that Ryan Jarvis deserves at least a place on the bench based on his recent performances, a goal for England Under 19''s and 2 against Chelsea Reserves. This guy is on form- he needs his chance!

If he is one for the future he needs some premiership experience, come on Worthy give him a chance now.

OTBC!

Sounds like a good idea !

See my other post re who would you have on the bench, missed yours oops !

maybe on Saturday bring him on with 15 mins to go.

I have to say, ive seen him twice this season, against Mallorca he was poor, and against west ham reserves he was overshadowed by crow and henderson. That said he appears to have hit some form, with three goals in a week, so maybe hes playing himself into the reckoning. Hendo and Mckenzie are still in front of him at the moment imo. Theyve been excellent for the reserves.

Jarv and Hendo are completely different players,jarv clearly has alot more ability but hasnt been given the chance that henderson has.

I would also put him above Mckenzie i just dont think he can cut the mustard at this level, the chances he has had so far to score he hasnt took em! As i said on a previous thread if your good enough your old enough!!

GIVE HIM A GO!!

everyone seems to be talking about mackenzie or jarvis or anyone else starting - when you get down to it, it seems everyone just wants to see someone else start instead of the doc!
not that i disagree with everyone, playing a defender (and thats what he is, no matter what he says) up front is a stupid idea.

At this stage I think it is hard to say Jarvis should be on the bench ahead of either Sven, McVeigh or Leon, who are probably his main competitors for a slot. They are all seasoned pros who have the ability to handle strong defenders like Mellberg much better than Jarvis at this stage.

During the summer there was some talk about Jarvis getting a tad big for his boots - has this changed? If he buckles down and works hard then his chance will come.

Without a doubt he deserves a chance at some stage during the season - I just think the other three remain (rightly so) ahead of him at the moment.

OTBC

[quote]Put him on the bench by all means,but at whose expense?[/quote]

yes i agree put him at the bench, but he wont start with the players we have now.

I believe malky has been a sub for the last couple of games, surly just swamp him with jarvis, i mean helveg will be on the bench anyway so we wont have a problem about covering defence.....