Sign in to follow this  
westoncanary.

Nothing to fear

hello again everyone. Not been on for a while due to work, holidays etc so there are a few things to get off my chest.

1)We will stay up. After watching Charlton v Southampton on Monday I am confident of that.  Those two teams are far worse than us, along with WBA and Palace.  Add to that the great spirit in the squad we have a great chance of being here next season.

2)Spurs fans-YES, we were shocking in the 1st half and Rob Green did make some great saves but that is what he is there for. Defoe hitting the post-sorry, but the shot wasn''t good enough, end of story I''m afraid.

3)Spurs fans(2)-The 2nd half was a different story. Your keeper had to show his worth and don''t forget that superb tackle from Ledley King, although if the ball had come down quicker for Hux he would have scored. 0-0 was a fair result.

4)Please play Leon from the start, 1 goal from him and he will keep scoring all season. It is no good giving him 10 minutes at this level, that gives him no time to adjust to the pace of the game.

5)Keep the faith-although we haven''t won yet, I think we have had a better start than most people thought we would. OTBC

All fair points.  My mate at work said where do you see you lot gettin another 37 points?

We desperately need to take between 17 and 20 points from the 10 games after liverpool.  Thats when we play pompy, wba, man city, saints, charlton etc. 

That is the key point of our season.  Tho i agree, we will stay up.

Dunno if leon/hux is gonna work.  We need a target man in the team, i.e sven or doc as proved in the last 10 games of last season.  When leon and hux played together it never really clicked as they are similar type of player.  Anyone else at Bradford at home last season who saw it.  That was a shocking game.

agreed tho, if he gets 1 goal it could open the floodgates.

otbc

Why do everyone keep saying Leon/Hux would not work after only one game they have played together.   Yes the Bradford game was shocking but so were the Coventry, Nottm For, Derby, Watford and Gillingham and Ipswich first halves at home and Leon and Hux were not partnered in those games.  I dont think Docherty and Hux partnership has absolutely set the world on fire and when Iwan used to play with Hux every game was not brilliant.  Blimey they have only played one game together so can we forget the bloody Bradford game and push on giving them another chance.  Rome was not built in a day and great parterships are not either.  One game together - wow!!! 

Well Jed we have seen so far this season that Hux with Sven or Doc does not really work either and as NavMan pointed out there have been plenty of other games where we have been poor.

If my memory of the Bradford game is correct just about every player had a poor game with the midfield particularly poor - I think Francis and McVeigh were dropped as a result - McVeigh came off at half time and Rivers was even worse!

Having tried most other combinations Leon and Hux must be worth a game or two - otherwise its Sven and Doc as the only untried combination...

otbc