Sign in to follow this  
USAcanary

Still bothered by the McNally interview.........

His excuse for the timing of sacking Gunn made no sense........
He said no time would be perfect with SAT/TUES games all season.

OK, if thats true then why not sack him as soon as it was voted on at the board meeting?
Why wait less than 20 hours before a crucial game?
Surely its better to let the players/staff get over the shock.

While its true that no time is perfect, obviously this was just bad timing...........Unless something happened that they are not talking about.........

Did any of the journos ask WHY the players were under a gag order after todays game.

Thats a strange one.

They either know something about what went on or know something about who the new manager is..........

Obviously the club is scared they will blab.

When asked if we had chosen a new manager, McNally said no....... but of course he would say that even if we had someone lined up.

The only good thing to come from the interview was that he confirmed that JFH would not be coming here as a player!

[quote user="USAcanary"]His excuse for the timing of sacking Gunn made no sense........

OK, if thats true then why not sack him as soon as it was voted on at the board meeting?

While its true that no time is perfect, obviously this was just bad timing...........Unless something happened that they are not talking about.........

Did any of the journos ask WHY the players were under a gag order after todays game.

Thats a strange one.

They either know something about what went on or know something about who the new manager is..........

When asked if we had chosen a new manager, McNally said no....... but of course he would say that even if we had someone lined up.

The only good thing to come from the interview was that he confirmed that JFH would not be coming here as a player![/quote]

Good points.He certainly sounded very ill at ease, as has been noted on another thread.... almost as if he was worried about letting something slip. As for the timing argument, surely the " best" time is immediately after a game so as to allow the maximum time to retain equilibrium before the next?

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Is this Surley bloke managed in this league, because everyone said that''s important.[/quote]Apparently not, and don''t call me Shirley.Coffee?

[quote user="barryevans"]

we have someone lined up

surley?

[/quote]

as long as it''s not burley . . . [:D]

article on Pinkun page says McNally has told them there is a shortlist but haven''t actually appointed yet

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="barryevans"]

we have someone lined up

surley?

[/quote]

article on Pinkun page says McNally has told them there is a shortlist but haven''t actually appointed yet

[/quote]

Crook is Delia''s favourite......FACT!

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]Regarding Jimmy Floyd he said that if he was 25 he would have picked him up himself. To me that indicated him ruling out the prospect of JFH coming as a player.
[/quote]

Thats exactly what I said in my post, check out the last line

The most telling thing for me in that interview was the terse comment "I don''t own the club"

Seemed a very strange aside to make!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="USAcanary"]His excuse for the timing of sacking Gunn made no sense........

Thats a strange one.

The only good thing to come from the interview was that he confirmed that JFH would not be coming here as a player![/quote]

Good points.He certainly sounded very ill at ease, as has been noted on another thread.... almost as if he was worried about letting something slip. As for the timing argument, surely the " best" time is immediately after a game so as to allow the maximum time to retain equilibrium before the next?

[/quote]

Yes, he hummed and harred and tried to almost repeat the club statement they released on Gunns sacking...........You can tell Butterworth had also been told to choose his words carefully

There were rumors of a bust up amongst the members of team Gunn.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]Regarding Jimmy Floyd he said that if he was 25 he would have picked him up himself. To me that indicated him ruling out the prospect of JFH coming as a player. [/quote]

Thats exactly what I said in my post, check out the last line

[/quote]He also stated he didn''t know his agents either? *shrug*

Thats a strange one.

I would suggest that is because THE club is the employer and as such the master not the other way round. The new C/E is a bruiser and you can already sense that he will not take any shi*.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="barryevans"]

we have someone lined up

surley?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Crook is Delia''s favourite......FACT!

[/quote]

Well since she has got the last 3 appointments badly wrong, i hope the rest of the board take no notice of her!

And since the players Crook seems to have recommended are Theoklitos, Killen and Carney, all of whom are sh*te, then i hope no one takes him serioulsy as a choice!