Sign in to follow this  
matt crowhurst

Am i the only one shocked and saddened by gunnys sacking?

[quote user="in the real world canary"]If you read most of the rubbish on this site then you should not be supprised. i have supported for 50 years and have found it sad that the board listens to this noisy minority. Untill we stick with a manager for a few seasons we are lost, these sad supporters??? do not understand the real world[/quote]

Hi Mellisa.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="in the real world canary"]If you read most of the rubbish on this site then you should not be supprised. i have supported for 50 years and have found it sad that the board listens to this noisy minority. Untill we stick with a manager for a few seasons we are lost, these sad supporters??? do not understand the real world[/quote]

Hi Mellisa.

[/quote]

LOL!

I really can''t understand some people''s reaction. Gunny has been a loyal and faithful servant to this club for over 2 decades.

People have been saying "He got us relegated". He may have been in charge when we got relegated but it was Roeder''s team that put us down. With players that he''s brought in he''s been given two competitive games. Thats hardly fair. Ok so the Colchester result was shocking, but it was just one result. I''m disappointed by the way the club is handling things. I guess thats just to be expected with Delia running the show.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="matt crowhurst"]typical of you CC, being nice and aggressive as always and giving a total lack of respect to a fellow poster on here. Its people like you that put people off posting on here

I didnt once say in that piece that i thought Gunn was the man to take us forward. I just think (and yes i am allowed my opinion without getting attacked for it) that it made no sense to announce the news today, less than 24 hours before kick off.
Gunny may not have been the right man to lead us, although i am tempted to say we will never truly know as he has not been given the chance to show us with his own team, but i wont as i know all i will get is abuse if i do, but as an all time great of our club, and no one can deny that, i am saddened that it hasnt worked out for him.
Call me soft or a sheep or whatever but if you cant feel a bit of sympathy for him then i guess you have no heart. As i said HIS players, unlike last season, started to show on Tuesday what they are capable of doing and lets not forget that it was gunny who brought holt, cody, hughes and gave adeyemi his chance, four out of the top 5 that seem to most excite people. I obviously havent included hools, as he wasnt a gunny signing, although i believe gunn was head of player recruitment at the time he was signed, so as he gets stick for other signings at that time that havent worked out he should get praise for this one,  but Gunny did at least seem to realise that he needed a free role to get the best out of him, which is more that other managers have done.
[/quote]

You are just brillant!
All you ever actually do is come on here,and either pick fault or put up objections, that you know you will get a reaction to!
I actually think you are like the kid in the playground,who pokes someone and turns his back blaming someone else!

Just because people to always agree with you dont cry about it after wards!
[/quote]

Err, how would the kid in the playground who pokes someone and blames someone else get any attention??  Surely the person he blamed would get the attention?  If you''re going to use an analogy, make it a correct one.  Oh and afterwards is one word.  Bell end.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]All you ever actually do is come on here,and either pick fault or put up objections, that you know you will get a reaction to![/quote]Sorry, isn''t that what your Dad does?For anyone who doesn''t know, MTV/Hamster is Canary Charge''s father.

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]seems to me that virtually everyone on here is pleased about todays news. i have to admit i am not although that is probably to do with the timing. i was there saturday and could have understood it then but to do it today after a resounding win on Tuesday where his own players came to the front and played for him and the day before our next game. why not just wait until after tomorrow wouldn''t have made any difference to us and i sure this is going to affect his players tomorrow. Another sad day in our once great club
[/quote]

I''m pleased Matt but surprised because I didn''t think there would be any change until at least Oct time. From rumours it seems he was relieved of his duties a couple of days after the ColU game so I assumed it wasn''t announced because they didn''t want to disrupt the Yeovil cup game although that doesn''t make sense with tonights statement the night before our 2nd league game.

I agree its a sad day but we''ve had hundred of sad days these past 4 years including being relegated twice, having Grant then Roeder then inexperienced  Gunn at the helm.

Maybe this time with McNally on board they will get it right and we''ll get someone with experience, someone with no connections with the club and someone who can restore faith in the club we love.

[quote user="No Quarter"]

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="matt crowhurst"]typical of you CC, being nice and aggressive as always and giving a total lack of respect to a fellow poster on here. Its people like you that put people off posting on hereI didnt once say in that piece that i thought Gunn was the man to take us forward. I just think (and yes i am allowed my opinion without getting attacked for it) that it made no sense to announce the news today, less than 24 hours before kick off. Gunny may not have been the right man to lead us, although i am tempted to say we will never truly know as he has not been given the chance to show us with his own team, but i wont as i know all i will get is abuse if i do, but as an all time great of our club, and no one can deny that, i am saddened that it hasnt worked out for him. Call me soft or a sheep or whatever but if you cant feel a bit of sympathy for him then i guess you have no heart. As i said HIS players, unlike last season, started to show on Tuesday what they are capable of doing and lets not forget that it was gunny who brought holt, cody, hughes and gave adeyemi his chance, four out of the top 5 that seem to most excite people. I obviously havent included hools, as he wasnt a gunny signing, although i believe gunn was head of player recruitment at the time he was signed, so as he gets stick for other signings at that time that havent worked out he should get praise for this one,  but Gunny did at least seem to realise that he needed a free role to get the best out of him, which is more that other managers have done.[/quote]

You are just brillant! All you ever actually do is come on here,and either pick fault or put up objections, that you know you will get a reaction to!I actually think you are like the kid in the playground,who pokes someone and turns his back blaming someone else!Just because people to always agree with you dont cry about it after wards![/quote]

Err, how would the kid in the playground who pokes someone and blames someone else get any attention??  Surely the person he blamed would get the attention?  If you''re going to use an analogy, make it a correct one.  Oh and afterwards is one word.  Bell end.

[/quote]

Thats not about attention, thats about being a slimey little toad!!But quarter you would know all about that!Talking of bell ends,i had a sctratch of mine and you fell off!  god job you were wearing your crash helmet,wouldnt want you to hurt that 1 cell of yours!

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]

All you ever actually do is come on here,and either pick fault or put up objections, that you know you will get a reaction to!

[/quote]

Sorry, isn''t that what your Dad does?

For anyone who doesn''t know, MTV/Hamster is Canary Charge''s father.

[/quote]

How is that relevant Lisa, no-one has pointed out what name your hubby posts under?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]seems to me that virtually everyone on here is pleased about todays news. i have to admit i am not although that is probably to do with the timing. i was there saturday and could have understood it then but to do it today after a resounding win on Tuesday where his own players came to the front and played for him and the day before our next game. why not just wait until after tomorrow wouldn''t have made any difference to us and i sure this is going to affect his players tomorrow. Another sad day in our once great club
[/quote]

I''m pleased Matt but surprised because I didn''t think there would be any change until at least Oct time. From rumours it seems he was relieved of his duties a couple of days after the ColU game so I assumed it wasn''t announced because they didn''t want to disrupt the Yeovil cup game although that doesn''t make sense with tonights statement the night before our 2nd league game.

I agree its a sad day but we''ve had hundred of sad days these past 4 years including being relegated twice, having Grant then Roeder then inexperienced  Gunn at the helm.

Maybe this time with McNally on board they will get it right and we''ll get someone with experience, someone with no connections with the club and someone who can restore faith in the club we love.

[/quote]

McNally is our last hope...could he prove our saviour?

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]All you ever actually do is come on here,and either pick fault or put up objections, that you know you will get a reaction to![/quote]Sorry, isn''t that what your Dad does?For anyone who doesn''t know, MTV/Hamster is Canary Charge''s father.

[/quote]

And your point is??? troll! springs to mind!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]All you ever actually do is come on here,and either pick fault or put up objections, that you know you will get a reaction to![/quote]Sorry, isn''t that what your Dad does?For anyone who doesn''t know, MTV/Hamster is Canary Charge''s father.

[/quote]

She is a troll angel..... she wont change!

How is that relevant Lisa, no-one has pointed out what name your hubby posts under?

[/quote]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]My ''hubby'' doesn''t post on here.Does yours?

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]My ''hubby'' doesn''t post on here.Does yours?

[/quote]

LQ-grow up!being over 50 and bitter isnt a nice trait!

I am gutted that he has been sacked at this point. I don''t think he should have got the job in the summer but, he should not have been sacked after 2 games. remember we lost 7-1 twice in the season that we came 3rd in the prem.

Dodgy Delia is the CANCER in our club and needs to be cut out NOW!!

Lisa, Lisa, Lisa....You really are something arent you?  Why do you feel the need to try and be such a smart ass? What difference does it make whether  He is my son or even related to me?  You have come onto this board with the same superior attitude that you left the official site and surprise surprise you get exactly the same response.........................

CANARYCHARGE IS ELDEST SON OF MTV and both can be seen in the N&P at any home games...............LQ is a very childish little women who can be seen wandering around Carrow Road on home games crying ''Wheres my Neil gone?'' OR Not satisfied with sacking my Neil, Now they''ve taken Bryan'' boo hoo ~

Nothing really shocks me when it comes to Norwich City Football club anymore! This situation could of been avoided earlier. Why didn''t Delia and co sort the boardroom out before the dug out? Did it not occur to them that the new chief ex and chairman would like an input into the selection process?

My second point will probably upset a few people but if Bryan Gunn really cared about Norwich City Football Club he would of walked away after the Charlton game. He must of realised he was out of his depths. I have more respect for Peter Grant because at least he put his pride aside and bit the bullet. Sadly Gunn let his ego cloud his judgement on that front and we''re yet to know the full extent of yet another preseason when a manager builds a team for another manager to come in and pull it apart!

Shocked at the timing, saddened for Gunn, as I never thought he was up to the Job. I hoped I was wrong, as I am wrong about most things. I hope I am also wrong about the future for Norwich City, as I suspect we will evolve from a caring community Club into just another superficial business venture. As I have said before, be careful what you wish for, as it may very well come true............

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="No Quarter"]

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="matt crowhurst"]typical of you CC, being nice and aggressive as always and giving a total lack of respect to a fellow poster on here. Its people like you that put people off posting on here

I didnt once say in that piece that i thought Gunn was the man to take us forward. I just think (and yes i am allowed my opinion without getting attacked for it) that it made no sense to announce the news today, less than 24 hours before kick off.
Gunny may not have been the right man to lead us, although i am tempted to say we will never truly know as he has not been given the chance to show us with his own team, but i wont as i know all i will get is abuse if i do, but as an all time great of our club, and no one can deny that, i am saddened that it hasnt worked out for him.
Call me soft or a sheep or whatever but if you cant feel a bit of sympathy for him then i guess you have no heart. As i said HIS players, unlike last season, started to show on Tuesday what they are capable of doing and lets not forget that it was gunny who brought holt, cody, hughes and gave adeyemi his chance, four out of the top 5 that seem to most excite people. I obviously havent included hools, as he wasnt a gunny signing, although i believe gunn was head of player recruitment at the time he was signed, so as he gets stick for other signings at that time that havent worked out he should get praise for this one,  but Gunny did at least seem to realise that he needed a free role to get the best out of him, which is more that other managers have done.
[/quote]

You are just brillant!
I actually think you are like the kid in the playground,who pokes someone and turns his back blaming someone else!

Just because people to always agree with you dont cry about it after wards!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats not about attention, thats about being a slimey little toad!!

But quarter you would know all about that!

Talking of bell ends,i had a sctratch of mine and you fell off!  god job you were wearing your crash helmet,wouldnt want you to hurt that 1 cell of yours!
[/quote]

My god, what razor sharp wit.......

[quote user="LQ"]

My ''hubby'' doesn''t post on here.

Does yours?

[/quote]

No, my hubby isn''t a fan of modern technology and hates computers and mobile phones.

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]seems to me that virtually everyone on here is pleased about todays news. i have to admit i am not although that is probably to do with the timing. i was there saturday and could have understood it then but to do it today after a resounding win on Tuesday where his own players came to the front and played for him and the day before our next game. why not just wait until after tomorrow wouldn''t have made any difference to us and i sure this is going to affect his players tomorrow. Another sad day in our once great club[/quote]Let me answer your question with another question.. Why don''t you fock off?Sorry couldn''t control the temptation to say that (Mock the week :D)

[/quote]

There''s certainly a couple of shocked Norwich players about.

[quote user="LQ"]It''s not just you, Matt.

[url]http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/blogs/lq-another-girl-another-planet.aspx[/url]

[/quote]

Its obvious if you watch todays Chris Lakey video that nobody at archant knew that he was getting sacked today.......

Obviously Stephan Phillips kept this very quiet which is good sign of his integrity on matters involving the club. 

He put the club before his own personal business. Thats a tough spot.

I still think the timing is strange given that the CE stated the board had met earlier in the week.

Why not do it straight away? Why wait less than 24 hours before a crucial game.

Part of me thinks something happened that forced them to announce it today.........

Maybe a bust up or maybe the next manager accepted the position?

I can understand why they did it......... its not so much about the 7-1 but their belief that he is not the right man going forward.

If they dont think he is the right man then it makes sense to sack him now while the transfer window is open.

At least giving the next manager a chance to wheel and deal.

Archant are completely and totally compromised by the Phillips appointment.

Journalistically there is absolutely no way out of it for them at all. 

Corporate bollocks does not count.  Totally compromised.  They will be compromised on Gunn''s sacking and already have been.

We knew about it before Archant ran it and filed it to The Star and the Mirror  before they announced it.

That is exactly why no one should accept such a job, community crap or not.

[quote user="Buckethead"]Didn''t we win two matches in a row 5-0 to avoid relegation and then immediately sack Mike Walker?[/quote]

My 1st thought, although these days, football seems to be a lottery we never seem to win, maybe that''ll change, guess we''ll see what ANOTHER new boss will bring!

I am shocked by the way it was done - three days after a good away win and while he was 250 plus miles away.He has not really had a chance - having inherited Roeder''s team of loanees, and finally having the chance to use his own squad hed is given one game before the chop. They played badly, but we expected that they would need a time to bed down as a side.Two or three players made the actual blunders, - hardly his fault, and he dropped them immediately.I think that we may never know how good a manager he might have become.

[quote user="Salopian"]I am shocked by the way it was done - three days after a good away win and while he was 250 plus miles away.He has not really had a chance - having inherited Roeder''s team of loanees, and finally having the chance to use his own squad hed is given one game before the chop. They played badly, but we expected that they would need a time to bed down as a side.Two or three players made the actual blunders, - hardly his fault, and he dropped them immediately.I think that we may never know how good a manager he might have become.[/quote]

Gunn picked the his best team! No changes at halftime..what does he expect, Tactically no idea..how can you run with a manager that lets it happen rather then making it happen!

I also want to give him another chance.  The timing is real bad.  I''m not sure if it is mutually agreed or not as Gunny''s feeling may seriously hurt by the two guys throwing season tickets at him.  If not, it shows to the world how good the board treat their man.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]

[/quote]

Sorry, isn''t that what your Dad does?

For anyone who doesn''t know, MTV/Hamster is Canary Charge''s father.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Jetstream isn''t it......or has he changed it?

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

There''s certainly a couple of shocked Norwich players about.

[/quote]

No sheet Shylock! Finger on the pulse every time!