Sign in to follow this  
matt crowhurst

Am i the only one shocked and saddened by gunnys sacking?

seems to me that virtually everyone on here is pleased about todays news. i have to admit i am not although that is probably to do with the timing. i was there saturday and could have understood it then but to do it today after a resounding win on Tuesday where his own players came to the front and played for him and the day before our next game. why not just wait until after tomorrow wouldn''t have made any difference to us and i sure this is going to affect his players tomorrow. Another sad day in our once great club

It''s not just you, Matt.[url]http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/blogs/lq-another-girl-another-planet.aspx[/url]

Shocked. Wasn''t expecting it off the back of a 4-0 win. Saddened, not so much.

Shocked yes, saddened?  Most certainly not.  Heartened, if anything.  Just don''t get the timing unless they already have the next manager lined up.

Surprised? Yes! Saddened? No!

It was the right decision to make.

He was in charge when we got relegated and was in charge when we had our wosrt ever home defeat in the lowest league we have been in for 50 years.

He should never have been offered the job..even last January!

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]seems to me that virtually everyone on here is pleased about todays news. i have to admit i am not although that is probably to do with the timing. i was there saturday and could have understood it then but to do it today after a resounding win on Tuesday where his own players came to the front and played for him and the day before our next game. why not just wait until after tomorrow wouldn''t have made any difference to us and i sure this is going to affect his players tomorrow. Another sad day in our once great club[/quote]

Just sums you up crowhurst! Explain to me if you think Gunn is the man to take Nowich forward! The timing is strange granted, but the decision wasnt!What would waiting for tomorrow achieve??? a win, the board would be slated, if they had in there minds he was going, then why let him continue? With  all things considered Delia needs to have a good hard look at herself, the fact is Mcnally is her bes signing, ad may rpov to help her get out of the shyt she has dug!

[quote user="LQ"]It''s not just you, Matt.

[url]http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/blogs/lq-another-girl-another-planet.aspx[/url]

[/quote]

all publicity is good publicity - isn''t that what they say?......

Keep it up......You might yet get noticed by someone on the board of Directors..

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[url]http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/blogs/lq-another-girl-another-planet.aspx[/url]

[/quote]

Keep it up......You might yet get noticed by someone on the board of Directors..

[/quote]

Lol!

The timing was indeed surprising, but then nothing really surprises me about the club right now.

But the right thing to do, that it took them this long to realise the mistake is another thing. Lets hope the new guy is already lined up, otherwise it''ll be yet another kneejerk reaction.

For those that remember Gunny in his heyday, he will always be a legend.

Let''s hope someone with experience will be appointed and then the rebuilding can begin.

We now have a Keystone Football Club.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="LQ"]It''s not just you, Matt.[url]http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/blogs/lq-another-girl-another-planet.aspx[/url]

[/quote]

[/quote]I don''t need to try to get noticed, sunshine. I figure I''ve written it once so etc etcThanks for the bump though...[:P]

typical of you CC, being nice and aggressive as always and giving a total lack of respect to a fellow poster on here. Its people like you that put people off posting on hereI didnt once say in that piece that i thought Gunn was the man to take us forward. I just think (and yes i am allowed my opinion without getting attacked for it) that it made no sense to announce the news today, less than 24 hours before kick off. Gunny may not have been the right man to lead us, although i am tempted to say we will never truly know as he has not been given the chance to show us with his own team, but i wont as i know all i will get is abuse if i do, but as an all time great of our club, and no one can deny that, i am saddened that it hasnt worked out for him. Call me soft or a sheep or whatever but if you cant feel a bit of sympathy for him then i guess you have no heart. As i said HIS players, unlike last season, started to show on Tuesday what they are capable of doing and lets not forget that it was gunny who brought holt, cody, hughes and gave adeyemi his chance, four out of the top 5 that seem to most excite people. I obviously havent included hools, as he wasnt a gunny signing, although i believe gunn was head of player recruitment at the time he was signed, so as he gets stick for other signings at that time that havent worked out he should get praise for this one,  but Gunny did at least seem to realise that he needed a free role to get the best out of him, which is more that other managers have done.

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t need to try to get noticed, sunshine. I figure I''ve written it once so etc etc

Thanks for the bump though...

[:P]

[/quote]

Oh, but you are desperate to get noticed, sunstroke.....I just thought I''d give you a slight nudge to assist you in your tireless endeavours to achieve your personal goal...

There yah go....I''ve helped you again... Thanks for the bumph though.

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]typical of you CC, being nice and aggressive as always and giving a total lack of respect to a fellow poster on here. Its people like you that put people off posting on hereI didnt once say in that piece that i thought Gunn was the man to take us forward. I just think (and yes i am allowed my opinion without getting attacked for it) that it made no sense to announce the news today, less than 24 hours before kick off. Gunny may not have been the right man to lead us, although i am tempted to say we will never truly know as he has not been given the chance to show us with his own team, but i wont as i know all i will get is abuse if i do, but as an all time great of our club, and no one can deny that, i am saddened that it hasnt worked out for him. Call me soft or a sheep or whatever but if you cant feel a bit of sympathy for him then i guess you have no heart. As i said HIS players, unlike last season, started to show on Tuesday what they are capable of doing and lets not forget that it was gunny who brought holt, cody, hughes and gave adeyemi his chance, four out of the top 5 that seem to most excite people. I obviously havent included hools, as he wasnt a gunny signing, although i believe gunn was head of player recruitment at the time he was signed, so as he gets stick for other signings at that time that havent worked out he should get praise for this one,  but Gunny did at least seem to realise that he needed a free role to get the best out of him, which is more that other managers have done.[/quote]

You are just brillant! All you ever actually do is come on here,and either pick fault or put up objections, that you know you will get a reaction to!I actually think you are like the kid in the playground,who pokes someone and turns his back blaming someone else!Just because people to always agree with you dont cry about it after wards!

I''m shocked at the delayed knee-jerk reaction of it.

Even after the embarrasment of last saturday I was still tipping us for the playoffs as I think that Gunn et al had assembled a reasonable squad.

I feel rather torn at the moment. This isn''t the club that I knew and loved - and not because we are in the 3rd division. Something is amiss and I know not what is. :/

If you read most of the rubbish on this site then you should not be supprised. i have supported for 50 years and have found it sad that the board listens to this noisy minority. Untill we stick with a manager for a few seasons we are lost, these sad supporters??? do not understand the real world

Its harsh and i was shocked but i suspect even tho gunny has gone............we wont get a decent manger until the stowmarket 2 retire back too suffolk...am affraid  this club wont ever change its fortunes until that happens.It saddens me after 31 years of following Norwich to see my beloved club in such dissaray and explaining it to my sons who are as passionate as i am ...........Its not easy to do when you love the club.I hope in my heart we get back what we deserve as fans and the club rewards us with a decent manager,but deep down i know its not gonna happen sadly.

Suffolks that way ------------------>

The right  thing has beenn done, he didnt know what he was doing, should never have been given the job, but that says more about the twats in charge than good ole boy Gunny.   

I am saddened, as I am when ever Norwich sack a managere, in as much as it indicates failure for the club. Do I think it was the right thing to do? Yes.

I can not beleive that the board will dare go for one of the so called cheap options such as Butterworth.

I was both shocked and saddened. To let a manager build a team all summer, only to sack him after one match seems so strange + why announce it on Friday? Equally, I know that I am in a tiny minority, but I think that he could have done a good job with his own players and team, given a real chance. I can''t see it as a sign of belated courage that some have said - quite the opposite. I think that it is spineless not to back your own judgement on the basis of one (truly terrible) result. Either there is some masterplan, there is something that we don''t know yet or they have descended a level lower than I expected them to go. I am shocked and saddened.

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t need to try to get noticed, sunshine. I figure I''ve written it once so etc etc

Thanks for the bump though...

[:P]

[/quote]

I''d vey much doubt that Mcnally is impressed by brown-nosers.

[quote user="Two Tails"]I was shocked, but mainly due to the timing, it seems strange to come after such a good 4-0 away win.
[/quote]

Same here.And saddened that it had to end up in this bad way.I don''t dislike Gunn,but just glad to see the back of him!!

It may seem an odd decision to announce today but would have been even odder if it had been announced after tomorrow when we may well have given Exeter a good spanking.

It may have only been Yeovil away, but even under Worthy we used to roll over and die to them sort of clubs away from home, which is why its really suprised me as our away form had been such a big problem and we get a good win, I thought that despite last saturdays result he would have had until at least the next game back at Carrow Road.

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]seems to me that virtually everyone on here is pleased about todays news. i have to admit i am not although that is probably to do with the timing. i was there saturday and could have understood it then but to do it today after a resounding win on Tuesday where his own players came to the front and played for him and the day before our next game. why not just wait until after tomorrow wouldn''t have made any difference to us and i sure this is going to affect his players tomorrow. Another sad day in our once great club
[/quote]

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha ...

Yes you are!

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]It may seem an odd decision to announce today but would have been even odder if it had been announced after tomorrow when we may well have given Exeter a good spanking.[/quote]But why would you sack someone after two big away wins? Purely on one defeat?