Sign in to follow this  
Pompey_88

McNally to be interviewed after the Exeter game

So did anyone with a brain.[quote user="bristol_canary"]i knew it wasnt jimmy[/quote]

Basically in not so many words he said that Gunn was the wrong man for the job from the start 7 months ago because he didn''t move the club forward,also sounds like no one is lined up to take the job on,yeah right!!!

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Clearly Gunn wasn''t wanted, so why didn''t McNally sack Gunn when he arrived?

[/quote]

Because he didn''t have the power.  It has to be the board''s decision.  His job is to do the deed, to deliver the sacking.  As he''s also a member of the board he clearly had a say, but it wasn''t his sole decision.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Clearly Gunn wasn''t wanted, so why didn''t McNally sack Gunn when he arrived?

[/quote]

Because he didn''t have the power.  It has to be the board''s decision.  His job is to do the deed, to deliver the sacking.  As he''s also a member of the board he clearly had a say, but it wasn''t his sole decision.

[/quote]

It was a combined ar$e sole decision - appointing Gunn in the first place....

I do hope he doesn''t turn out to be one of the Controlling Duo''s pawns....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was a combined ar$e sole decision - appointing Gunn in the first place....

I do hope he doesn''t turn out to be one of the Controlling Duo''s pawns....

[/quote]

Indeed so do I Mello

If he is, he certainly wasn''t on message during his interview - "Promotion is our only objective" - whatever next!!!  When was the last time this club actually had a stated objective?  The nearest we used to get was "promotion would be lovely" - so would winning the lottery, but first you have to buy a ticket.

Have to say that I am impressed with Mcnally so far.

He is a refreshing change to Doncaster who I had received several e-mails and had a conversation or two with. Doncaster had the habit of answering a question with a question - a typical politicians tactic.

Mcnally mentioned we are already 4% into the season and he sounds like he has vision and a goal to achieve regardless of who he upsets in the boardroom.

I feel we are a club in an upwards direction and I feel that Smith/Wynn Jones have had their wings clipped aswell.

Shame he was not here at the end of the last season as I don''t think we''d have seen the Gunn fiasco that we saw!

People have questioned his interview after the game, firstly I thought he was very measured with his every word and that was why there were pauses and no fluency. Secondly I thought he was employed as the chief exec rather than being a public speaker! In my book carry on giving this club a kick up the backside!!