Sign in to follow this  
thebigfeller

Six days into the season - but long overdue

It''s my birthday today - and as far as I''m concerned, Norwich City in general, and David McNally in particular, have made it one of the best ever. I''m so, so relieved they''ve acted quickly, and not allowed this nonsense to paralyse our season: which may well prove to be the most important in the club''s whole history.In January, I believe we were desperate to appoint Boothroyd - but because of our finances (or rather, before Mr Carrow or canary cherub step in, because of where our finances had already been committed), only offered him a contract til May. Quite rightly, he refused. In despair, we turned to Gunn - but as Richard Balls said at St Stephen''s Hall in May, he was almost certainly offered a longer deal, along with Butterworth and Crook. Hence the charade we went through for a couple of weeks after Charlton, a period in which any sympathy I would otherwise feel for Gunny today was lost. I thought his behaviour was desperate and embarrassing: had he any self-awareness at all, he''d have walked away instead of publicly pleading for another chance.But the trouble is, new, harsh realities are appearing on the horizon. Given the loan due for repayment in December 2010, I think this season equals promotion or bust: administration is highly likely if we fail in my view. And the one thing nice, sentimental Norwich City could not countenance would be selling local businesses short: it''d destroy our reputation within the local community for many years.Hence today''s decision, with McNally, I''m sure, critical to it. Tweedledum and Tweedledee''s responses at the Capital Canaries AGM were pathetically weak, both on why Gunn had been appointed ("we thought he deserved more time". Is that it? Is that all you can offer?) and on our long term prospects of fighting financial fires. McNally, according to accounts on here, cut a rather different figure - I bet he cannot believe the level of incompetence on display from other board members, but I''m also confident he knows how to cut through the complacency and sentimentality poisoning this club. When a decision has to be made for the good of the club, you make it; and today, thank the good lord, we did.History may show that today, Norwich City Football Club at last bottomed out after five and a bit years of miserable decline: it all depends on who we appoint. Tweedledum and Tweedledee have dumbfounded me on many previous occasions; but I''d be stupefied if Butterworth or Crook get the permanent job. Our predicament demands a proper, good appointment; and to me, that means Boothroyd, Robins or Tilson. I absolutely believe our squad is good enough to win promotion under the right manager, with Ben Alnwick''s display at Yeovil only strengthening me in this view. In my opinion, we are one permanent goalkeeping signing and one good managerial appointment away from having every chance, despite what happened last Saturday: it''s just imperative that they finally get this right. Because if they don''t, the consequences could be as dire as you could ever imagine.OTBC

Great post, and the first it of sense I have read on here since starting to scroll through the headless chicken and hate messages...

Welcome back Shaun, where have you been? (lurking of course!) [:D]

Outstanding as always, can''t disagree with any of that.

At the Capital Canaries meeting on Monday McNally referred to the club''s finances as "dire" - what a contrast from the "no danger of administration" guff we used to get from Munby and Doncaster, who were only interested in telling Delia what she wanted to hear.  Perhaps he''s finally told T&T their fortune in a way that they can understand.

The irony of course is that presumably they were the ones who appointed him - can they have got something right at long last? [^o)]

[quote user="thebigfeller"]It''s my birthday today - and as far as I''m concerned, Norwich City in general, and David McNally in particular, have made it one of the best ever. I''m so, so relieved they''ve acted quickly, and not allowed this nonsense to paralyse our season: which may well prove to be the most important in the club''s whole history.In January, I believe we were desperate to appoint Boothroyd - but because of our finances (or rather, before Mr Carrow or canary cherub step in, because of where our finances had already been committed), only offered him a contract til May. Quite rightly, he refused. In despair, we turned to Gunn - but as Richard Balls said at St Stephen''s Hall in May, he was almost certainly offered a longer deal, along with Butterworth and Crook. Hence the charade we went through for a couple of weeks after Charlton, a period in which any sympathy I would otherwise feel for Gunny today was lost. I thought his behaviour was desperate and embarrassing: had he any self-awareness at all, he''d have walked away instead of publicly pleading for another chance.But the trouble is, new, harsh realities are appearing on the horizon. Given the loan due for repayment in December 2010, I think this season equals promotion or bust: administration is highly likely if we fail in my view. And the one thing nice, sentimental Norwich City could not countenance would be selling local businesses short: it''d destroy our reputation within the local community for many years.Hence today''s decision, with McNally, I''m sure, critical to it. Tweedledum and Tweedledee''s responses at the Capital Canaries AGM were pathetically weak, both on why Gunn had been appointed ("we thought he deserved more time". Is that it? Is that all you can offer?) and on our long term prospects of fighting financial fires. McNally, according to accounts on here, cut a rather different figure - I bet he cannot believe the level of incompetence on display from other board members, but I''m also confident he knows how to cut through the complacency and sentimentality poisoning this club. When a decision has to be made for the good of the club, you make it; and today, thank the good lord, we did.History may show that today, Norwich City Football Club at last bottomed out after five and a bit years of miserable decline: it all depends on who we appoint. Tweedledum and Tweedledee have dumbfounded me on many previous occasions; but I''d be stupefied if Butterworth or Crook get the permanent job. Our predicament demands a proper, good appointment; and to me, that means Boothroyd, Robins or Tilson. I absolutely believe our squad is good enough to win promotion under the right manager, with Ben Alnwick''s display at Yeovil only strengthening me in this view. In my opinion, we are one permanent goalkeeping signing and one good managerial appointment away from having every chance, despite what happened last Saturday: it''s just imperative that they finally get this right. Because if they don''t, the consequences could be as dire as you could ever imagine.OTBC[/quote]

good post! Would be pleased with |robins or Tilson,but my money is on Coppell or Bothroyd

Good post Bigfella........it must indeed be a Happy Birthday!

As I''ve said elsewhere if David McNally had been in post a few weeks earlier Bryan Gunn would never have been offered another chance after our relegation. He had his chance and came up short.

At last we''ve someone with balls on the Board. I suspect that if Delia hadn''t agreed to dismiss Gunn then McNally would have resigned and we would have lost our one glimmer of hope on the Board.

As you say this perhaps really is our last chance to get it right.

But how many times had we said that in the last five years ?

[quote user="canary cherub "]

At the Capital Canaries meeting on Monday McNally referred to the club''s finances as "dire" - what a contrast from the "no danger of administration" guff we used to get from Munby and Doncaster, who were only interested in telling Delia what she wanted to hear.  Perhaps he''s finally told T&T their fortune in a way that they can understand.

The irony of course is that presumably they were the ones who appointed him - can they have got something right at long last? [^o)]

[/quote]

You beat me to it Cherub.

There is change in the air, of that I have no doubt.  The sacking of Gunn just after we won 4-0 is not the usual "easy option" decision. It''s three months since relegation and the end of Roger Munby and Neil Doncaster. It would have been better if we''d got to here in 3 weeks. Let''s hope McNally, Bowkett and co prove worth the wait. Whatever happens now Smith&Jones will get no credit but that matters not because their decision has been made and their part has been played, they now have to let the people they have appointed get on with running the club. That being the case the new manager has to be McNallys man.

Great to see you posting on here again Shaun[Y] Hope we meet up again soon[B]

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]Here''s hoping, CC: even broken clocks show the correct time twice a day, after all! In a sense, at least McNally''s appointment suggested they knew how out of their depth they were, but it''s a heck of a job for him to turn things round. He definitely seems to have his finger on the pulse, at least.As for me? Well, once Gunn had been appointed and we were into the close season, I couldn''t see what else there was to talk about really. We all knew what all the problems were, which is what made Gunn''s appointment so utterly dispiriting. You''ll have heard me on Canary Call the other day mind! (you weren''t happy with what I said either... ;)) I''m totally aware of Smith and Jones'' responsibility for all this, but the short term priority, especially given the boardroom changes, was to remove Gunn: hence me focusing on that. Thank heavens, it''s happened.

Why do you think that any of your suggested managers would come to Norwich when we only give them 2 games with there own team it would only be for money is that were you want your money to go??

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

You beat me to it Cherub.

There is change in the air, of that I have no doubt.  The sacking of Gunn just after we won 4-0 is not the usual "easy option" decision. It''s three months since relegation and the end of Roger Munby and Neil Doncaster. It would have been better if we''d got to here in 3 weeks. Let''s hope McNally, Bowkett and co prove worth the wait. Whatever happens now Smith&Jones will get no credit but that matters not because their decision has been made and their part has been played, they now have to let the people they have appointed get on with running the club. That being the case the new manager has to be McNallys man.

Great to see you posting on here again Shaun[Y] Hope we meet up again soon[B]

[/quote]There is change in the air, no doubt about it. Not as radical as many of us had wanted - but then, since when do Delia''s NCFC do radical anyway? I just hope it''s happened in time. And yup, would be great to meet up again at some point!

[quote user="in the real world canary"]Why do you think that any of your suggested managers would come to Norwich when we only give them 2 games with there own team it would only be for money is that were you want your money to go??[/quote]Because with McNally at the helm, we''ll actually be looking for a proper manager - and we have a strong squad that is, at this level, the envy of most clubs. Contrary to what many will think, we actually regained a bit of credibility today: under Gunn, and before the boardroom changes, we were an utter laughing stock. Any decent manager will only join a club with competent people in charge: Tweedledum and Tweedledee aren''t, but the CEO is. I''m not at all sure we''ll get Boothroyd; but I''m convinced Robins would join us, for example. Probably Tilson too.

[quote user="thebigfeller"][quote user="in the real world canary"]Why do you think that any of your suggested managers would come to Norwich when we only give them 2 games with there own team it would only be for money is that were you want your money to go??[/quote]

Because with McNally at the helm, we''ll actually be looking for a proper manager - and we have a strong squad that is, at this level, the envy of most clubs. Contrary to what many will think, we actually regained a bit of credibility today: under Gunn, and before the boardroom changes, we were an utter laughing stock. Any decent manager will only join a club with competent people in charge: Tweedledum and Tweedledee aren''t, but the CEO is. I''m not at all sure we''ll get Boothroyd; but I''m convinced Robins would join us, for example. Probably Tilson too.
[/quote]

True, he is a bruiser unlike the last wa**** who  was a C***.

[quote user="thebigfeller"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

Here''s hoping, CC: even broken clocks show the correct time twice a day, after all! In a sense, at least McNally''s appointment suggested they knew how out of their depth they were, but it''s a heck of a job for him to turn things round. He definitely seems to have his finger on the pulse, at least.

As for me? Well, once Gunn had been appointed and we were into the close season, I couldn''t see what else there was to talk about really. We all knew what all the problems were, which is what made Gunn''s appointment so utterly dispiriting. You''ll have heard me on Canary Call the other day mind! (you weren''t happy with what I said either... ;)) I''m totally aware of Smith and Jones'' responsibility for all this, but the short term priority, especially given the boardroom changes, was to remove Gunn: hence me focusing on that. Thank heavens, it''s happened.
[/quote]

Wasn''t I? [:$]  Apologies, mind you I was one angry cherub at the time.  After goal no.3 I was so disgusted that I switched the radio off and went out for a very long walk.  On the way back I started feeling better and began to fantasise about Middlesbrough-style comebacks, then when I got indoors just after full time and heard the result . . . [:@][:@][:@]

[quote user="thebigfeller"][quote user="in the real world canary"]Why do you think that any of your suggested managers would come to Norwich when we only give them 2 games with there own team it would only be for money is that were you want your money to go??[/quote]Because with McNally at the helm, we''ll actually be looking for a proper manager - and we have a strong squad that is, at this level, the envy of most clubs. Contrary to what many will think, we actually regained a bit of credibility today: under Gunn, and before the boardroom changes, we were an utter laughing stock. Any decent manager will only join a club with competent people in charge: Tweedledum and Tweedledee aren''t, but the CEO is. I''m not at all sure we''ll get Boothroyd; but I''m convinced Robins would join us, for example. Probably Tilson too.[/quote]

Sorry to enter a discordant note but could you explain why following several years of a series of managers making consistently poor signings, and I include Worthington in that list, that Gunn is a laughing stock for assembling this ''strong squad''?

Quite frankly the idea that we''ve gained credibility today by sacking a manager two games into the season (and into his permanent contract), with the most recent of the two a 4-0 victory is absolutely laughable - in fact I''m pretty sure I could hear chuckling in the background when I heard the news on Five Live.

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"] Sorry to enter a discordant note but could you explain why following several years of a series of managers making consistently poor signings, and I include Worthington in that list, that Gunn is a laughing stock for assembling this ''strong squad''?

Quite frankly the idea that we''ve gained credibility today by sacking a manager two games into the season (and into his permanent contract), with the most recent of the two a 4-0 victory is absolutely laughable - in fact I''m pretty sure I could hear chuckling in the background when I heard the news on Five Live.[/quote]IMO, we''ll have gained credibility among real football people who know their business. Not rent-a-quote Five Live reporters who know next to nothing about the club. Before the boardroom changes in the summer, we had a bunch of incompetents in charge on and off the field, none of whom were qualified to be so, so had zero credibility. Then it wet up a bit when the new board members were announced; now it''s gone up again. For the first time in years, it suggests NCFC actually want to be a successful football club again.Steve Claridge will almost always defend managers who are under fire, especially so early in the season. But on 606 last weekend, he agreed with everything I said about how absurd it was to have left Gunn in charge after last season: as he said, he''d had long enough to make a difference, but failed. Claridge is himself a failed manager, of course; but I think he''s just one of many, many people in the game left in total disbelief by the rudderless incompetence of our board, and the appalling complacency at the very heart of the club until the summer. As he said, 25000 fans deserve better; and we may at last be making the first baby steps forward along the road to recovery.

[quote user="thebigfeller"][quote user="Creative Midfielder"] Sorry to enter a discordant note but could you explain why following several years of a series of managers making consistently poor signings, and I include Worthington in that list, that Gunn is a laughing stock for assembling this ''strong squad''?

Quite frankly the idea that we''ve gained credibility today by sacking a manager two games into the season (and into his permanent contract), with the most recent of the two a 4-0 victory is absolutely laughable - in fact I''m pretty sure I could hear chuckling in the background when I heard the news on Five Live.[/quote]IMO, we''ll have gained credibility among real football people who know their business. Not rent-a-quote Five Live reporters who know next to nothing about the club. Before the boardroom changes in the summer, we had a bunch of incompetents in charge on and off the field, none of whom were qualified to be so, so had zero credibility. Then it wet up a bit when the new board members were announced; now it''s gone up again. For the first time in years, it suggests NCFC actually want to be a successful football club again.Steve Claridge will almost always defend managers who are under fire, especially so early in the season. But on 606 last weekend, he agreed with everything I said about how absurd it was to have left Gunn in charge after last season: as he said, he''d had long enough to make a difference, but failed. Claridge is himself a failed manager, of course; but I think he''s just one of many, many people in the game left in total disbelief by the rudderless incompetence of our board, and the appalling complacency at the very heart of the club until the summer. As he said, 25000 fans deserve better; and we may at last be making the first baby steps forward along the road to recovery.[/quote]

Your opinion fair enough, but I don''t believe ''real'' football people think we gain credibility through having a Chief Exec allowing a manager sign a large group of players in pre-season only to sack him two games into the season.

And going back to my original question, why does assembling a ''strong squad'' make Gunn such a terrible manager?

It seems to me that today could be interpreted as either a level of ruthlessness, or panic, that we haven''t seen before but in either case pretty much all the evidence shows that changing managers with the frequency that we''ve managed in recent years achieves absolutely nothing.

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"]Your opinion fair enough, but I don''t believe ''real'' football people think we gain credibility through having a Chief Exec allowing a manager sign a large group of players in pre-season only to sack him two games into the season.

And going back to my original question, why does assembling a ''strong squad'' make Gunn such a terrible manager?

It seems to me that today could be interpreted as either a level of ruthlessness, or panic, that we haven''t seen before but in either case pretty much all the evidence shows that changing managers with the frequency that we''ve managed in recent years achieves absolutely nothing.[/quote]No. Changing managers with the frequency we have and replacing them with self-evidently ridiculous choices achieves nothing. Replacing them with the right man achieves plenty - and for the first time in many years, we at last have real footballing expertise on the board, so can expect or at least hope for a proper appointment for once. We haven''t appointed a manager with a decent track record since 1998 - and we wonder why we''ve declined so much in the last five years.And yup, Gunn brought in good players (or rather, Gunn, Butterworth, Crook and Deehan, who I hope is kept on, brought in good players) - but Gunn couldn''t organise them, couldn''t motivate them, and couldn''t inspire them. That''s what good managers do; but Gunn was never one to begin with. Because McNally actually knows what he''s doing, he saw this, and acted: not a moment too soon either.

Shaun, I echo everything you have said, the timing may seem strange - but in my view, Gunn was sacked on Saturday and for some reason it wasn''t made public until yesterday. Whatever the circumstances, and the waters surrounding Carrow Road are never clear are they, it was indeed the best news to come out of the club in years.

I don''t know much about McNally, or indeed the other two new board members, but anyone who can overrule the Queen Bee has to go down as welcome in my book. As you have said, for too long this club has been founded on incompetence and sentimentality (in certain directions).

My only reservation is why Gunn wasn''t sacked on McNally''s appointment or why he was still allowed to assemble a squad. That is a question which I yearn to ask him, whenever a chance offers itself.

Can this be the start of a new Norwich City? Run by people who have some idea of what they are doing and not afraid to make tough decisions? I posted on Saturday that the reason for appointing Gunn (quoted from Delia) was that he deserved it. We simply cannot have that kind of thinking at the heart of our club, considering its now very sorry status in football. Still the time for tears is gone, for the first time in many years I am filled with hope. It''s a damn food feeling.

why would any new manager want to come here, were a shambles,

would the new board sack him if we lose heavily again this season, do we really want to end up like newcastle with numbers of new managers in a season because were not going in the direction we should be,

if mcnally was so good why hasnt he still got his job at fulham, who seem to be doing so much better since he left,

doesnt seem right it was a unanimous decision as foulger, smith and jones all love gunn, and if he did have a player mutiny why did they win 4 - 0 in the following game, when roeder and grant lost the team we lost most games,

and if its true that were linked with lawrie sanchez then that would be mcnallys decision

mcnally wasnt in charge at fulham when hodgson was appointed, he was however when coleman was sacked and replaced with sanchez, wise move there by mcnally i think not

Until the likes of Queen Bee Delia and her sycophantic supporters - Micky Woodbine, her influential nephew Tom, Dick Mennis, Whack Ringworm and the many others etc, etc - who continually rally round with support for her when the heat is on, are rapidly retired behind the toughened glass behind the Directionless Box......The situation at Comedy Carra - is going to remain SNAFU....

Delia hugs, claps and is over-emotional......The new CE is a wise wasp, hard faced - and has plenty more stings in his armoury...

[quote user="thebigfeller"]
History may show that today, Norwich City Football Club at last bottomed out after five and a bit years of miserable decline: 
OTBC
[/quote]

Why you think the people responsible for our decline are suddenly going to become our saviours is beyond my comprehension.

I hope you are proved right but i''ve been a City supporter for long enough not to want to bet on it.

Can''t help feeling a bit sorry for Gunn but it was the right decision announced at the wrong time imo. It seems strange to me that only a couple of days after Mcnally claims we are in dire straights we have now put ourselves in a position where we have to pay compensation to yet another manager and his backroom staff, could it be that the club is about to change hands and the new owner wanted his own people in before he arrives? For me this doesn''t seem like Smiths style to fire someone who she is obviously very fond of so ruthlessly, a leopard never changes it''s spots and there has to be something going on that we don''t yet know about.

Great post Bigfeller,

Agree with everything you say,perhaps now though we will get a manager who can see that Docs not good enough,every team needs a strong spine all our problems started when we signed the Doc, get a good centre back and the rest will fall into place this team can be made good enough to win this division.OTBC

[quote user="ricardo"]

Why you think the people responsible for our decline are suddenly going to become our saviours is beyond my comprehension.

I hope you are proved right but i''ve been a City supporter for long enough not to want to bet on it.

[/quote]Because two of the people responsible for our decline (and one in particular) have gone; and the people most responsible have been joined by others with, I hope, rather different perspectives. Then, yesterday, we suddenly have a ruthless, unexpected and wholly unNorwich-like decision: it can''t just be a coincidence. In which case, Delia''s way isn''t McNally''s way; and McNally appears to have overruled her. Which is extremely encouraging.David McNally''s no rocket scientist. But he''s been in the game for many years, and knows it well. That he was appointed in the first place has to tell you something. And the problem with people who stick to a line of Delia Out, regardless of any viable buyer making themselves known, is they then have to tar everyone at the club with the same brush, and assume everything will turn out bad as long as the joint majority shareholders remain. Sorry, but I just don''t think it''s that simple. Even Foulger may well be having a bigger, more influential say now he''s put more money in - and I doubt he wants his money wasted by a two-bit manager, do you?

[quote user="gsr600"]why would any new manager want to come here, were a shambles,

would the new board sack him if we lose heavily again this season, do we really want to end up like newcastle with numbers of new managers in a season because were not going in the direction we should be,

if mcnally was so good why hasnt he still got his job at fulham, who seem to be doing so much better since he left,

doesnt seem right it was a unanimous decision as foulger, smith and jones all love gunn, and if he did have a player mutiny why did they win 4 - 0 in the following game, when roeder and grant lost the team we lost most games,

and if its true that were linked with lawrie sanchez then that would be mcnallys decision

mcnally wasnt in charge at fulham when hodgson was appointed, he was however when coleman was sacked and replaced with sanchez, wise move there by mcnally i think not[/quote]McNally was at Fulham when Hodgson was appointed. When he left Craven Cottage, he was so well regarded in the game that he was linked with Arsenal; and before Fulham, where he did a sound job for a number of years, did a brilliant job at Celtic, at a time they transformed themselves after years of stagnation and playing second fiddle to their great rivals.The board didn''t sack Bryan Gunn purely because we lost 7-1. They sacked him because he was incredibly incompetent and frighteningly out of his depth, as evidenced last season, let alone on Saturday. Freak results can happen mid-season when a club has an injury crisis and so on: remember us losing 5-1 and 6-1 against West Brom and Port Vale back-to-back under Mike Walker? But they never happen on the opening day - and if they do, something must be very seriously wrong. I think the board have, for once, established exactly what was wrong and dealt with it: and in the process, shown they''re actually serious about promotion. Something we wouldn''t have had a hope in hell of achieving under Gunn.Incidentally, if I had to put my head on the block and give you a name, I reckon the next Norwich City manager will be Mark Robins. But we''ll see.

Some people don''t seem to realise the significance of this sacking. This is a clear message of intent from our new Chief Exec, the new board have over ruled Delia and Co and the position of strength has changed. Delia is no longer running the club.

Forget the fact that Gunn got sacked after two games, McNally is running our football club and he doesn''t suffer fools.

Forget how many managers we have had in 3 years, this new regime will attract a quality manager with a track record.

Next week is the start of a new regime, a new culture and a brighter future. In business there is no room for sentiment, winning is all that counts and that means promotion at all costs!

[quote user="thebigfeller"][quote user="gsr600"]why would any new manager want to come here, were a shambles, would the new board sack him if we lose heavily again this season, do we really want to end up like newcastle with numbers of new managers in a season because were not going in the direction we should be, if mcnally was so good why hasnt he still got his job at fulham, who seem to be doing so much better since he left, doesnt seem right it was a unanimous decision as foulger, smith and jones all love gunn, and if he did have a player mutiny why did they win 4 - 0 in the following game, when roeder and grant lost the team we lost most games, and if its true that were linked with lawrie sanchez then that would be mcnallys decision mcnally wasnt in charge at fulham when hodgson was appointed, he was however when coleman was sacked and replaced with sanchez, wise move there by mcnally i think not[/quote]

McNally was at Fulham when Hodgson was appointed. When he left Craven Cottage, he was so well regarded in the game that he was linked with Arsenal; and before Fulham, where he did a sound job for a number of years, did a brilliant job at Celtic, at a time they transformed themselves after years of stagnation and playing second fiddle to their great rivals.

The board didn''t sack Bryan Gunn purely because we lost 7-1. They sacked him because he was incredibly incompetent and frighteningly out of his depth, as evidenced last season, let alone on Saturday. Freak results can happen mid-season when a club has an injury crisis and so on: remember us losing 5-1 and 6-1 against West Brom and Port Vale back-to-back under Mike Walker? But they never happen on the opening day - and if they do, something must be very seriously wrong. I think the board have, for once, established exactly what was wrong and dealt with it: and in the process, shown they''re actually serious about promotion. Something we wouldn''t have had a hope in hell of achieving under Gunn.

Incidentally, if I had to put my head on the block and give you a name, I reckon the next Norwich City manager will be Mark Robins. But we''ll see.
[/quote]

Why didn''t DM get the Arsenal job then?.....And why has he ''downsized'' his career at Carra?

yeah ok well be on the road to success if hasselbank is appointed will we, ok i made a mistake about his appointing hodgeson but fulham had there most successfull season once he had left them,